PDA

View Full Version : Went to Disney last week

khalloc
02-15-2011, 11:00 AM
We got back on Saturday the 12th. We were there from Monday - Saturday. The lines were pretty much non-existant.

We stayed off the resort at Floridays on International Drive. It was FANTASTIC. I don't know how families with kids stay at WDW in a regular sized hotel room. We had a 2 bedroom 2 bath suite with a full kitchen for $99 a night. It took us about 10-15 minutes to get in the car at our hotel and then to get out of the car at any of the resort parking lots. So much better I think than having to wait for the bus or push your way on the monorail. I hadnt been to Disney in 22 years (since I was 10) and I kept hearing here about how much more convenient it was to be at the resort itself. I was nervous about the time it would take to get to the park each morning. I shouldnt have been worried. It was a breeze to get back and forth. And it was so nice to have so much space at our resort.

We had alot of fun. The kids loved it. I loved seeing their faces when they first saw Cinderella's castle. They loved the fireworks at night. They loved the characters they got to see and take pictures with.

ahrimie
02-15-2011, 01:26 PM
How did you feel your DS did with the whole trip and experience? I've been wanting to take my DD born 5/08 but wasn't sure if we should just wait until she and her little sister (on the way) are older.

AngelaS
02-15-2011, 01:31 PM
We were there the same time! :) We were there from the 4th thru 11th. I agree--the lack of crowds really rocked! :)

khalloc
02-15-2011, 01:31 PM
DS did OK. But honestly I wouldnt have gone for him. He did not do awesome waiting in lines, even though the longest line we had was about 5 minutes. He wanted everything he saw. He definitely enjoyed it, dont get me wrong. But it wiped him out too. He didnt nap at all each day, except maybe in the car on the way back to the hotel, so maybe 15 minutes a day. He was a mess by dinner time. He enjoyed the rides though and loved meeting the characters, but he's not going to remember going in a year or 2. We'll probably go back in 2-3 years.