PDA

View Full Version : Help! What is wrong with my BJCM? (pictures)

artvandalay
02-15-2011, 12:30 PM
It won't fold. Well, it folds eventually. When I pull the strap, it folds only part of the way. Then I have to manually mush it together. It does not snap shut like it's supposed to.

I posted a while back that it wasn't shutting, and I blamed the wheel, but it doesn't shut even before the wheel comes into play.

It seems that perhaps the fabric is not on right someplace? I removed the SK caddy so you can see it better.

As you can see in the first pic, this is what it looks like when I pull on it. I took 5 pictures total, with close ups on the side because I think I have the fabric wrong somewhere. I looked in the manual and cannot find any answers.

If you need additional pics, let me know and I'll post them.

Here they are:

http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL1099/13265991/23619062/395173062.jpg

That is what it looks like when I pull the fold belt. Instead of snapping shut it stays this way until I push it closed.

Other pics:

http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL1099/13265991/23619062/395173066.jpg

http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL1099/13265991/23619062/395173065.jpg

http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL1099/13265991/23619062/395173064.jpg

http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL1099/13265991/23619062/395173063.jpg

arivecchi
02-15-2011, 12:37 PM
Have you called Baby Jogger?

I would start there.

I think I am going to stop recommending Baby Jogger. They have way too many quality issues. :(

artvandalay
02-15-2011, 12:39 PM
Have you called Baby Jogger?

I would start there.

I think I am going to stop recommending Baby Jogger. They have way too many quality issues. :(

I haven't because I think I have something snapped/or unsnapped wrong.. or perhaps there is fabric in the way... I think this is the problem because when I first got the stroller it closed

arivecchi
02-15-2011, 12:40 PM
If it is just the fabric, I would still call them and have them help you figure out the issue. They are actually quite helpful.

TwoBees
02-15-2011, 12:44 PM
Did you try turning the front wheel? Mine won't fold flat if the front wheel is not horizontal (parallel to the ground then the stroller is placed folded on the ground).

ETA: I can't see the photo, so my suggestion might be totally off.

Smillow
02-15-2011, 12:49 PM
Is the basket empty? Do you snap the open snaps (I don't)? Does it have something to do with the new upright mechanism or the PE board? Just throwing things out there...

artvandalay
02-15-2011, 12:58 PM
Is the basket empty? Do you snap the open snaps (I don't)? Does it have something to do with the new upright mechanism or the PE board? Just throwing things out there...

Basket's empty. I have the upright straps, but I am not using them (they are velcroed to the back). I've tried closing it with the front wheel facing the same direction as the back wheels, and also with the front wheel turned sideways, it does't seem to make a difference.

There are two snaps on the side, and they are both snapped.

Do the up close side pics look weird to anyone?

Multimama
02-15-2011, 01:17 PM
Basket's empty. I have the upright straps, but I am not using them (they are velcroed to the back). I've tried closing it with the front wheel facing the same direction as the back wheels, and also with the front wheel turned sideways, it does't seem to make a difference.

There are two snaps on the side, and they are both snapped.

Do the up close side pics look weird to anyone?

I think you need to unsnapped the two snaps on the side (one on each side) that you mention here. They are for keeping the stroller open (to stop it from folding).

lauti
02-15-2011, 02:02 PM
Yeah, unsnap the snaps on the red straps that snap onto the frame.

salsah
02-15-2011, 03:00 PM
I think you need to unsnapped the two snaps on the side (one on each side) that you mention here. They are for keeping the stroller open (to stop it from folding).

that was my first thought. but you said that you can collapse it all the way, you just have to push it shut. if those snaps are the ones that i am thinking of, then i don't think you would be able to force shut.

try unsnapping them. if that doesn't work, call cs. their cs is great.

kep
02-15-2011, 03:17 PM

Yes!! I have an older BJCD, and it WILL NOT fold when the snaps are on. I never use the snaps, in fact. I can't figure out how my kids could fold it up while sitting in it, so I do not bother. Call me lazy. :waving4:

artvandalay
02-15-2011, 03:25 PM
OK - Progress... I completely removed the canopy (the entire thing) ... and it folds!

I just read what you guys are saying about the snaps... each side has a total of 4 snaps. The top two (near the handle) are for the canopy... so you don't snap either of these?

I was playing around with the fabric/velcro/snaps a bit because I was trying out the upright straps and also I was trying to find different positions for my stroller hooks... this is what probably screwed everything up.

I haven't put the canopy back on yet... I'll do that in a few and report back

lhafer
02-15-2011, 05:28 PM
Okay - we have the same stroller (mine's red too), except your's is a newer model (mine's 2010).

To me, it looks like the fabric/canopy is too far down on the handle bar. I have to go get mine out of the car to compare...be right back. I will take some pics of mine to compare for you.

lhafer
02-15-2011, 05:43 PM
Okay, yeah - it doesn't look like your canopy is high enough on the handle bar.

Mine is a 2010 model, so not sure how (or if) the upright straps they added changed any of the snaps, etc on the stroller.

Here is what mine looks like:

I don't see any of the silve part of the frame on my stroller, unlike yours - I can see a lot on yours. That black poofiness is the black mesh cover for when the seat is reclined.

I have hooks like yours, but I keep them under the little flap that wraps around the frame. It keeps the hooks out of the way for when I don't need them, and I can tuck them up under the black cover so they don't catch of stuff.

I undid that velcro flap and lifted it back. The canopy is snapped to the frame here, and you can see the stroller hook is attached to the frame right below it. Then the looonnnngggg velcro piece where the canopy attaches to the body of the stroller starts. I undid the velcro on the long strip so you could see where I am talking about.

I undid the snap for the canopy and lifted it back so you could see it.

Maybe the canopy is the issue? If it's too far down it might not let the stroller close?

pampers37
02-15-2011, 05:54 PM
i love that we also give tech support! <3 BBB!

lhafer
02-15-2011, 05:55 PM
I think I see what you might have done. From where the canopy ends on the frame (by where the snack tray/belly bar would go) and up, there are a total of 4 snaps (on one side, so actually a TOTAL of 8 if you are counting both sides). 3 of these snaps are on the side of the frame strapping the canopy down tight to the frame, and the 4ths is up on the underside of the frame close to the rubber part of the handle bar. This snap is where you wrap the canopy strap around and velcro it back onto itself.

Is yours set up this way?

3 of the snaps are showing in this picture...the one closest to where the belly bar/snack tray would go is NOT showing.

OKKiddo
02-15-2011, 06:08 PM
I haven't because I think I have something snapped/or unsnapped wrong.. or perhaps there is fabric in the way... I think this is the problem because when I first got the stroller it closed

Had this same problem on Sunday when I put the fabric on the new frame that BJ sent me. I followed the "Pull To Fold" straps to the bottom of the stroller to the metal clips that you attach to the frame and found that one of them had shifted sideways just enough that it wasn't totally pulling the metal arm all the way to make it fold. I adjusted that and haven't had a problem since--and I did it about 10 times in a row afterward to make sure I wouldn't have issues again, lol.

Good luck!

Edited to say never mind since you figured it out--and I have an older stroller and fabrics than you do, lol.

artvandalay
02-15-2011, 06:53 PM
lhafer --- thank you so much... I am nursing the baby at the moment and can't get to the stroller, and then I have to take DS to a dentist appt.. but tonight I'm going to get my stroller and compare them to your pictures. You're right... I don't see any silver frame on yours but I see alot of it on mine... so something is way off with mine. I think this has to be the problem.

I know I screwed something up because I kept playing around with the fabric/velcro trying to find a good place to put those stroller hooks.

poohbear
02-15-2011, 09:32 PM
If it helps, I put all the stroller hooks above the canopy. I think lhafer is correct though - I think the canopy was too low...

artvandalay
02-16-2011, 01:01 PM
THANK YOU Everyone!! Especially lhafer, those pictures were exactly what I needed~ :bowdown:

I had the snaps snapped to the wrong place. I wasn't using the first set of snaps (the ones closest to the handlebar and under, not on the side).

I must have unsnapped them a while back when I was trying to find a good place for those stroller hooks. Instead of snapping the fabric back to that first snap, I used the second snap, and then everything got messed up and the fabric was too low. That is why the stroller wasn't shut right.

I placed my stroller hooks exactly like you have in your pics, lhafer..that is a really good spot for them.. they are kind of incognito there!

You guys seriously AWESOME :thumbsup:

crl
02-16-2011, 01:54 PM
I love this board. :love-retry::boogie:

Catherine

lhafer
02-16-2011, 03:23 PM
THANK YOU Everyone!! Especially lhafer, those pictures were exactly what I needed~ :bowdown:

I had the snaps snapped to the wrong place. I wasn't using the first set of snaps (the ones closest to the handlebar and under, not on the side).

I must have unsnapped them a while back when I was trying to find a good place for those stroller hooks. Instead of snapping the fabric back to that first snap, I used the second snap, and then everything got messed up and the fabric was too low. That is why the stroller wasn't shut right.

I placed my stroller hooks exactly like you have in your pics, lhafer..that is a really good spot for them.. they are kind of incognito there!

You guys seriously AWESOME :thumbsup:

WOO-HOO!! Glad it worked!!

I keep my hooks there, because I have the SK buddy on top of the canopy (I took it off for the photos).

Now...can anyone tell me if you can wash the City Mini fabric? Like in the washer? And let it air dry??

artvandalay
02-16-2011, 04:19 PM
Now...can anyone tell me if you can wash the City Mini fabric? Like in the washer? And let it air dry??

Haven't washed mine yet but I would wash in cold/gentle and then air dry

amldaley
02-16-2011, 04:28 PM
Are you all cleaning your homes before you take these pictures?????????? They are both lovely!

lhafer
02-16-2011, 04:48 PM
Are you all cleaning your homes before you take these pictures?????????? They are both lovely!

:hysterical::hysterical: Ha! No - you can see my daughter's chair on the fireplace in mine!! Have no idea why she put it there. Thank you though!

roseyloxs
02-16-2011, 05:10 PM
:hysterical::hysterical: Ha! No - you can see my daughter's chair on the fireplace in mine!! Have no idea why she put it there. Thank you though!

Haha. :ROTFLMAO: I didn't even notice that which is probably an indication of the state of my house on most days.

artvandalay
02-16-2011, 06:27 PM
Thanks amldaley! Although if I would have shot that in my living room at the present, it would have looked like a different story!

And the little chair on the fireplace is too cute.. I didn't notice it either:rotflmao: