PDA

View Full Version : Ryder (and Techno) questions

npl
02-15-2011, 01:02 PM
Got some questions about the Ryders, because I can't see them irl here, but thinking of buying one to be delivered to my parents.
Mostly, I'm trying to see how it compares to the Quest and the Techno:

Wheel size:
Is it the same as the quest or the Techno (I think the techno xt is 6" and the xlr is 6.5")?

Hood/Canopy:
Does it have the zip-out portion like I'm reading about on the Techno?
Is the zip-out portion that opens larger just on the xlr, or also the xt?
Does it have the flip-out visor?
When the canopy is fully extended, does it keep out the wind?

Handles:
What height are they?
Are they adjustable like the Techno? (for which I am finding conflicting lowest heights - anyone know?)

Carry strap:
Does it have the shoulder strap, or just the handle on the side?

Think that's all my questions!
Thanks!

vtmom
02-15-2011, 02:18 PM
We have a techno XT. It has 6" wheels, a zip out hood with a flip out visor (keeps out some light wind maybe but use the rain cover for best wind protection) and a carry handle (no strap). I'm not sure what the lowest handle height is, but I'm 5'4 and find it comfortable to push at the lowest height.

npl
02-15-2011, 02:37 PM
Thanks - that's really helpful. I'm 5'1", so handles are usually too high. The handle height on the Quest is fine, but I don't think I'd be comfortable with anything higher. I am hoping that the lowest setting is lower than the Quest!

sweetsoul99
02-15-2011, 03:53 PM
I believe the ryder has the same size wheels as the techno. But it does not have the awesome canopy. It will have the same canopy as the qwest. Look for reviews about the al thurston stroller on this forum. Lots of love for It here and I believe its a ryder. a rider.

arivecchi
02-15-2011, 04:38 PM
Wheel size:
Is it the same as the quest or the Techno (I think the techno xt is 6" and the xlr is 6.5")? LARGER WHEELS THAN QUEST

Hood/Canopy:
Does it have the zip-out portion like I'm reading about on the Techno? NO
Is the zip-out portion that opens larger just on the xlr, or also the xt?
Does it have the flip-out visor? NO
When the canopy is fully extended, does it keep out the wind?

Handles:
What height are they? HIGHER THAN QUEST AND TRIUMPH
Are they adjustable like the Techno? (for which I am finding conflicting lowest heights - anyone know?) NO

Carry strap:
Does it have the shoulder strap, or just the handle on the side? SHOULDER STRAP IN THE BACK

purpelina
02-15-2011, 04:53 PM
wanted to add: even though handles on techno are adjustable, the setting goes from high to HIGHER.
lowest setting is as high as ryder (so it's higher than quest / triumph to begin with). Might be not the most comfortable option for someone petite. Even though I've known petite moms who loved pushing their technos. I'm tall and handle hight was very comfy for me.

npl
02-15-2011, 06:38 PM
Thanks - guess I'll just have to wait till I can try them all out side-by-side with dh. So much for having something shipped for when we arrive. I won't be able to tell what will work for us without trying them out.