PDA

View Full Version : Using double stroller with one kid?

chesapeakesailor
02-15-2011, 02:24 PM
I'm currently shopping for a double stroller as Baby #2 is due in May. The majority of the time I will have both kids in the double stroller, but sometimes I will only have the baby in the stroller. So my question is... how difficult is it to push a SBS with only one child in it? I'm considering the BOB Rev Duallie and the MB Duo (or maybe new MB Duet when it comes out.) I like the storage space and push-ability of a SBS, but should I just get an inline like the P&T instead?

twowhat?
02-15-2011, 02:37 PM
With a good SBS double it will push easily no matter what. When we do only have one child in our BJCED (which I would consider upper middle class in terms of quality), it pushes just fine.

So with a BOB or MB (top-notch in terms of quality), I'd imagine those to be just fine too. And then you can use the second seat as your shopping cart:)

salsah
02-15-2011, 02:42 PM
i would go with a sbs. the mb pushes great, even with different weight children in the seats, it doesn't pull to one side like many others do.

roseyloxs
02-15-2011, 06:25 PM
I push my bumbleride indie twin around all the time with only one rider. AT strollers are great for pushing around 2 of different weights or no weight whatever the case may be.

hellokitty
02-15-2011, 09:43 PM
One of the moms in my stroller class still uses her double jogging stroller even though she only has one kid riding it now. She doesn't seem to have any issues with it.

WatchingThemGrow
02-15-2011, 09:55 PM
I always keep a single in the car also. Really, using the SBS when you only have one DC with you is just odd IMO. They are big and more challenging to maneuver inside stores. You'll really appreciate being able to take a single when you can.

roseyloxs
02-15-2011, 10:19 PM
I always keep a single in the car also. Really, using the SBS when you only have one DC with you is just odd IMO. They are big and more challenging to maneuver inside stores. You'll really appreciate being able to take a single when you can.

I suppose I could be more clear. I use my indie twin around the neighborhood. I don't currently have a single AT so I always use my double even if my ds uses his bike or scooter.

I keep a single with the valco HH in the car.

WatchingThemGrow
02-15-2011, 10:31 PM
I suppose I could be more clear. I use my indie twin around the neighborhood. I don't currently have a single AT so I always use my double even if my ds uses his bike or scooter.

I keep a single with the valco HH in the car.
Oh, yeah! Outside, around the neighborhood...we often try to take one more seat than we have riders. Someone will decide they can't scooter anymore, they don't want to walk, or they go bump on the bike and must ride home. (Neither of us want to carry folks.)

Although...as DD and DS1 are biking faster and faster, I kinda want a single jogger so I can keep up better. the BJCED is fine for it, but it is a bit big.