PDA

View Full Version : No pregnancy symptoms--the norm?

fedoragirl
02-15-2011, 03:18 PM
I am 9 weeks pregnant and have no symptoms other than breast enlargement and tummy bloating (something I really don't need). My first pregnancy I urinated every hour, was nauseous all the time-- just all the textbook pregnancy symptoms.
The u/s was perfectly normal at 8 weeks but I am really wary about this lack of symptoms.
Is this something I should worry about or is this normal for some women?

lmr1101
02-15-2011, 03:27 PM
It's very normal for me. I'm at 10 weeks and honestly if it weren't for the lack of AF and the 8 week us I would have no idea I'm pregnant.
I'm still in all of my same clothes and feeling great. I also felt about the same for my first pregnancy so that's why I'm not really worried.
I wouldn't worry too much... but that's just my opinion. I know people say every pregnancy is different so maybe it will just be an easy one for you this time around?!?

Myira
02-15-2011, 03:37 PM
I am at 9 weeks too and was wondering about lack of frequent urination as well. I remember the last time I would make 1-2 trips to the bathroom even in the 1st trimester. This time I can sleep sleep through the night without it.

lowrioh
02-15-2011, 04:29 PM
I had no symptoms during the first trimester except an expanding belly. I had a tiny bit of nausea around 9-10 weeks but it was so minor that I probably wouldn't have noticed it if I didn't know I was pregnant.

maiaann
02-15-2011, 05:32 PM
I had no symptoms with DD1. None, nada. In fact, the entire pregnancy went smoothly. I worried excessively, of course! Looking back, I wish I would have just enjoyed feeling good!

Lupe
02-15-2011, 05:33 PM
I didn't have pregnancy symptoms other than tender breasts and a little more tired than usual on my first trimester. I didn't even have to buy maternity clothes until my second and started showing at 21 weeks. Other than my belly getting bigger and all the constraints that carries I had almost no pregnancy-related symptoms until my third trimester, to which I had to add having to pee all the time and constant kicks, and even then very mild for what I heard from some friends. I say, just be happy you feel good and enjoy!!

ahrimie
02-15-2011, 05:46 PM
Same here!! I was in disbelief for a long time because with my 1st, I threw up everyday for 4 months. This time, I hardly even know I'm pregnant (minus the bump now). The only thing I noticed were my breasts but it's just like when you get your period. So far, so good though and I'm at 23 weeks. Congratulations!! :)

Kira's Mommy
02-15-2011, 06:03 PM
Another prego with no symptoms but sore breasts here :wavey:. I'm only 6 weeks though.

Congratulations!

scrooks
02-15-2011, 06:07 PM
I had similar symptoms as you did in your previous pregnancies and I asked my doc about lack of symptoms...she just said EVERY pregnancy is different and can have totally different symptoms. I wouldn't worry....

sewarsh
02-15-2011, 06:21 PM
Were you experiencing symptoms that have since stopped in the past week or so?

I'm sure you are fine, but I had an ultrasound with 3rd pregnancy with heartbeat at 6.5 weeks and around 8 weeks i stopped symptoms...had miscarriage a week later.

Try not to worry too much. Is your next dr appt soon? At 10 wks they should be able to hear it from a dopper in their office if you want to call and make appt.

AnnieW625
02-15-2011, 06:34 PM
With DD1 with the exception of one week at week 6 or 7 and feeling sick for a week and only throwing up once, and feeling very tired until about 15 weeks I had no other symptoms.

With the baby we lost I was sick a lot in the first trimester. I know that's not normal to correlate the two because I have met plenty of moms who were sick a lot and gave birth to perfectly healthy babies, but for me when I got pregnant with DD2 and only threw up once and had no real other first trimester symptoms I was very happy to be pregnancy symptom free.

SnuggleBuggles
02-15-2011, 06:38 PM
I didn't have frequent urination till the 3rd trimester. I really didn't have many/ any symptoms with either boy (no sore bbs, no morning sickness...).

Beth

fedoragirl
02-16-2011, 12:21 AM
Phew! It's good to know that every pregnancy is different because all I've heard in my area is that each subsequent pregnancy is similar to your first one.
I will have a regular screening in a few weeks. I guess I am just going to wait it out till the next u/s.
Thank you!