PDA

View Full Version : eBay purchase wwyd

YouAreTheFocus
02-15-2011, 05:28 PM
I bought a pair of Boden pants for my son off eBay. They were described as EUC. I recieved them yesterday, and immediately noticed that the tags are either cut or have info cut out of them, leading me to believe they are seconds. I'm a bit irritated this wasn't in the description. There have been a lot of sellers trying to make money off the deals they got at the Boden warehouse sale last month, and I avoid those auctions.

Would you care? Wwyd?

DebbieJ
02-15-2011, 05:41 PM
Yes, I would care.

Before you contact anyone, decide what kind of solution you would like--partial or full refund. Then I would contact the seller first. If they don't do what you want, then you can open a dispute with eBay.

In the cases that I made a mistake in my description, I have either given a partial refund or paid for the buyer to send back my item AND issued a full refund (in that case, they could not use it because I listed a feature that wasn't part of the item).

YouAreTheFocus
02-15-2011, 07:48 PM
Thanks, I wasn't sure if I was overreacting. I contacted the seller to voice my displeasure, she emailed me back and profusely apologized. She says she originally bought them on eBay and never thought about the cut tags or realized they might be seconds. She offered me a full reund for a return or a partial refund of 20% off the winning bid amt. I'm not sure what I will do. They were $13 + $5 s&h so it would only be $2.60 off.

Pennylane
02-15-2011, 08:15 PM
Are they not in EUC? I'm suprised that she offered to take them back, it doesn't seem like a big deal to me unless they are not in the condition described.

Ann

SnuggleBuggles
02-15-2011, 08:26 PM
Are they not in EUC? I'm suprised that she offered to take them back, it doesn't seem like a big deal to me unless they are not in the condition described.

Ann

:yeahthat: You got a fine deal. I wouldn't do anything.

Beth

TwinFoxes
02-15-2011, 09:18 PM
:yeahthat: You got a fine deal. I wouldn't do anything.

Beth

I thought this at first too. But the fact that they were considered seconds/irregulars by the company kind of swayed me to the OPs point of view. I bought a pair of irregular pants once, and the left thigh was smaller than the right. It bugged me every time I wore them. You couldn't tell by looking at them, but I could tell when I wore them. I'd be kind of annoyed if I bought something for my kid thinking they were first run, and there was actually something like that wrong with them.

mom2binsd
02-16-2011, 12:20 AM
I think you just need to decide if they are good enough quality to keep with the 20% discount. I know some sellers will sell outlet gymboree stuff and not mention it, some know it is outlet some don't and it bothers some buyers and other buyers not so much. BTW Gymboree outlet tags have a square of small orange squares on the tag.

jacksmomtobe
02-16-2011, 07:37 AM
Were the tags definitely cut in the way an outlet would? I know sometimes DS would have me cut the tags completely out if he found them itchy. Though in selling on Ebay I would definitley disclose that fact. I guess if you felt the Seller was being honest then I would accept their deal. What does the Seller's feedback say? Do you think this is an honest error or a way of doing business? Some Ebayers are just moms selling their old stuff and others are in it more as a business picking up stuff in bulk. I think I would cut more slack to the Mom just selling her old stuff than someone selling in bulk. Examine the pants and see if you are still happy with the deal if not make a counter proposal.

Good Luck!