PDA

View Full Version : Graco SnugRider or Maclaren Easy Traveller?

NCGrandma
02-15-2011, 05:40 PM
Looking for a stroller frame for my DGC due in July, to be used with either a Graco SnugRide or Chicco KeyFit. Which stroller frame would you recommend? Here's what I've figured out so far:

The SnugRider is widely available and obviously fits the SnugRide seats (and maybe the KeyFit, although Graco doesn't say so).

The Easy Traveller is lighter and appears to fold up smaller/more easily. It doesn't seem to be available in stores like BRU, so harder to try before buying. According to Maclaren, the Graco seats work but they don't list the KeyFit.

What other factors should I think about?

jbbhb
02-15-2011, 05:56 PM
I haven't tried the Maclaren, but I have the Snugrider and I really don't like it. In fact I never use it anymore now that I have my Bumbleride Flite which accommodates my Graco car seat when I need it to.

The Snugrider seems really cheaply made. The fold is easy, but after a few months would stick and I would have to try it a few times to get it right. The push gets you from point A to point B but is not a smooth push. The cupholder tray area is constantly snapping off.

My husband doesn't mind using it so it is his primary stroller for now. So I suppose I am just a little more picky since I am usually the one strolling :)

star04
02-16-2011, 11:14 AM
I loved my ET! It doesn't come with a cup holder, but I loved how smooth it rode. I had a Keyfit 30, and was sad when I had to move my daughter out of her carseat and couldn't use the ET anymore. I'm not sure if you can use the Keyfit with the Snugrider. I had to buy my ET online (don't remember which site though). The Keyfit doesn't "snap in", but fits snug.

TraciSK
02-16-2011, 11:22 AM
I loved the Graco Snugrider. It was the only stroller I used for the first 6 months. I live in NYC and walk / take a bus everywhere and can't say enough good things about the Snugrider. It was easy for me to fold up and get on the bus by myself. I liked that I could adjust the handle height so DH & I both found it comfortable to push.

I never had any trouble folding it up and feeling like the stroller was 'sticking' or hard to fold. I also never had any issues with the cupholders falling off. In fact, we forgot to take them off one time at the airport and gate checked the stroller with them still on. We eere happy to see they were both still there at the end of our flight.

At the end of the day, I would go with whichever you can get more easily and is less expensive since both the Snugrider and Mac are basically the same thing and you will only be using them with the infant car seat.

purpelina
02-16-2011, 11:24 AM
I vote maclaren! Loved that thing, it's very light and has huge basket.
Keyfit fits there, and there might be a way to snap it in- there are adjustable bars on the frame, that you should position according to your seat brand. It's nor apparent, because they are screwed on, but on the sides there are letters - ABCD, and you match them depending on your car seat. It all should be in the manual. I had a graco seat and my frame came adjusted for it.
Also, if you google reviews, you'll see many people who chose maclaren because that's one of the few options to use with keyfit.
There are reviews with pics of keyfit on a Mac.

It's hard to find a good deal though, but you have time. I bought mine off the floor as floor model for 40, for example.

TraciSK
02-16-2011, 11:25 AM
A couple more things..... the basket on the Graco is huge and easily accessible, the Mac basket is not once the car seat is in place.

You might also want to look at the Baby Trend Snap n Go. I believe that stroller base will accomodate both a Graco and Chicco infant car seat.

arivecchi
02-16-2011, 11:29 AM
Has a stroller already been purchased? Many strollers take car seats these days and IMO, it is much better to have the actual stroller as it is not recommended that babies spend too much time in a car seat outside the car. With an actual stroller, you can use the car seat in a pinch, but have the fully reclining seat for baby to be more comfortable in longer rides.

Pinky
02-16-2011, 11:30 AM
We used the Easy Traveller with the Keyfit 30 and loved the combination... it fits very securely (though doesnt "snap") and is so easy to use. We bought ours on Craigslist.

purpelina
02-16-2011, 11:32 AM
A couple more things..... the basket on the Graco is huge and easily accessible, the Mac basket is not once the car seat is in place.

I have to respectfully disagree. Basket of easy traveler is easily accesible from the front.

ohsara430
02-16-2011, 12:54 PM
Any reason you're not considering the baby trend snap n go? We have one and I used it quite a bit with our Grace Snugride 35. I tried the Chicco car seat with the snap n go and didn't personally care for how the worked together.

I really liked the SNG, it folds really easily (in half basically) has 2 cupholders and is lightweight with a good sized basket. I often see them on CL too if you don't mind a used one.

MamaBear
02-16-2011, 01:29 PM
Has a stroller already been purchased? Many strollers take car seats these days and IMO, it is much better to have the actual stroller as it is not recommended that babies spend too much time in a car seat outside the car. With an actual stroller, you can use the car seat in a pinch, but have the fully reclining seat for baby to be more comfortable in longer rides.

:yeahthat: