PDA

View Full Version : Bumbleride Indie Twin 2011 - Disappointment?

Bootsie
02-15-2011, 06:30 PM
Has everyone noticed that the Indie Twin 2011 is now listed as being available for pre-order on some sites? With a May 2011 ship?

I read the blurb on pishposhbaby and one other site and it made me think the 2011 could be a big disappointment. I didn't see anything about the 2011 accepting 2 car seats (but maybe this got missed - I guess the blurb suggests that maybe 2011 can accept 2 Maxi Cosi seats). Otherwise, the changes seem to be that the canopy is made of material with an spf of 45, that there's some optional stuff available --e.g., a lockable carrycot (presumably at an extra cost) AND that NOW the rain cover and air pump are NO LONGER INCLUDED. The rain cover (which will cost $39.50) and air pump (which will cost $10) are apparently optional in 2011. It also appears that no changes were made to darn harness clip that is so easy to open or to the weight of the stroller or to its fold.

crl
02-15-2011, 06:39 PM
Hmm, I wasn't under the impression that any big changes were expected for the 2011 indies? Didn't they do a redesign fairly recently and then improve the canopy even more last year?

Too bad if they are taking out accessories, I guess. But if that keeps the price down maybe isn't too bad? I know I'll never use the tire pump, for example. And if you live in Boulder, CO, not much use for the rain cover? So for some people it is better to be able to buy only the accessories you need, I think.

And I think the harness thing is six of one half dozen of the other. My older ds never tried to undo stroller harnesses, so easy was great for me! We will see how that goes with dd though, I may be singing a different tune.

Catherine

roseyloxs
02-15-2011, 06:41 PM
hmm? They probably took away the standard accessories (rain cover & tire pump) in lieu of raising the price. If you choose the movement collection I imagine the rain cover would be overkill anyway.

As for the two car seat compatibility I would email bumbleride directly. They almost always get back to me in 24 hours.

Bootsie
02-15-2011, 06:44 PM
They had announced that the 2011 would accept two carseats - I guess that is the major change I was expecting. My kids are getting old enough that I am not really interested in keeping them in car seats anyway, but it seems like a forecasted improvement that Bumbleride couldn't pull off.

I think the 2011 doesn't offer buyers any reason NOT to buy 2010s. 2010s are cheaper (and will probably be cheaper yet when retailers clear them out to sell the 2011s) and include more accessories. That seems odd. Even if they couldn't pull off the car seat thing, I expected everything else to stay the same.

Perhaps Bumbleride is putting its money on the Movement and Naturals Collections fabrics for 2011.

crl
02-15-2011, 07:02 PM
I guess it just doesn't strike me as all that odd (though if they announced the car seats and aren't making it happen, that is a disappointment! I'd check with them on that). I mean bobs were essentially the same for years and years.

Catherine

PeppyParents
02-15-2011, 10:31 PM
Hi,

Here are the details for the 2011 Indie Twin (http://stroller411.com/blog/367/bumbleride-indie-twin-stroller-2011/).

Note that the double adapter is only going to be for the Maxi Cosi, which I know is going to disappointment many moms who were thinking it was going to be universal.

HTH!

sweetsue98
02-15-2011, 11:39 PM
Now that's odd! Double carseat adapter for only Maxi Cosi?

Bootsie
02-16-2011, 12:17 AM
I don't know much about the Maxi Cosi -- is there something readily apparent about it that makes it easier to attach to a SBS stroller? Otherwise, you'd think Bumbleride would shoot for something like the Graco Snugride or some other infant car seat that is very widely used.

Bumbleride
02-16-2011, 04:09 PM
Hi Everyone,

Thank you for your feedback on our 2011 collection details. I would be glad to clear up our direction.

Bumbleride is moving towards locking, brand/model specific car seat adapters and Maxi Cosi is the first offering for Indie and Indie Twin in 2011. We look forward to offering additional adapters for other brands in the future. Each 2011 model will come standard with a universal multi-use bar which fits a variety of seats. This adapter will allow Indie Twin to accommodate only one car seat. The brand specific adapters will be available for purchase separately.

We are also moving towards latching accessories like the new 2011 Carrycot. The new Carrycot will be compatible with Indie and Indie Twin.

Due to consumer feedback, the air pump is now available as an optional accessory and no longer included with Indie and Indie Twin. A new non-PVC rain shield is also available for each model. They can be purchased separately and are no longer included with Indie, Indie Twin and Flite models.

2011, Movement and Natural Editions will be available for pre-order in March from our website and our authorized retailers (some retailers online have already listed pre-ordering without imagery).

2011 classic colors, Movement and Natural editions will be shipping in April.

If you have any further questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to contact us at 1800 530 3930 or info(at)bumbleride.com!

Best,

Ryan

roseyloxs
02-16-2011, 04:57 PM
Thanks for clearing that up Ryan.

Do you expect to have other brand specific adapters available by the end of 2011?

Also do you plan to sell the canopy and fabric sets in the movement and natural collection for pre-2011 owners?

momtoax3
02-16-2011, 11:25 PM
It is my understanding that swap kits will be available in June? I think I read it on their FB page.

meggswife
02-17-2011, 02:36 AM
I would love to buy a swap kit in the Natural edition! Does anyone have an idea of what the cost will run?

Bumbleride
02-17-2011, 12:14 PM
Hi Roseyloxs! We do plan on releasing other brand specific adapters in 2011 but do not have a release date or further details at this time.

In regards to fabric sets that include a canopy, seat fabric, bumper cover, and head and shoulder pads, these will be released in June and pricing announced at that time. They will be compatible for all 2009-2011 Indies, Indie Twins, and Flites (since Movement and Natural are not offered on Queen B or Flyer).

Thank you for your questions!

@meggswife- Thank you for your interest in an additional fabric set in the Natural Edition. Pricing and ordering will be available in June.

Best,

Ryan

bekahjean
02-17-2011, 02:19 PM
Ryan, Can you tell us a little bit more about the latching bassinet? Will it be interchangeable with the older bassinets (IE would a 2010 bassinet still work on a 2011 stroller and vise versa)?

Thanks!

PeppyParents
02-17-2011, 04:13 PM
Ryan, Can you tell us a little bit more about the latching bassinet? Will it be interchangeable with the older bassinets (IE would a 2010 bassinet still work on a 2011 stroller and vise versa)?

Thanks!

Hi,

I'm happy to take that one!

The existing BR carrycot (i.e., 2010 model) will continue to work with all years' Flite and Flyer... as well as 2010 and earlier Indie and Indie Twin.

The new BR carrycot (i.e., 2011 model) has a new click-in attachment system that will only work with 2011 Indie and Indie Twin.

So moving into this year, there's one (already existing) carrycot type for Flite and Flyer, and there's another (new) carrycot type for 2011 Indie and Indie Twin.

meggswife
02-17-2011, 10:59 PM
...They will be compatible for all 2009-2011 Indies, Indie Twins, and Flites (since Movement and Natural are not offered on Queen B or Flyer)...

Best,

Ryan

Thank you for the response Ryan. I am disappointed the new fabrics won't be available for my new (wonderful) Queen B. I know I saw a picture of it somewhere... Oh, here it is:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_2NjQuqxe3pM/TLfMFE8o6_I/AAAAAAAAABw/Cp8u3SrAeAo/s1600/IMG_0691.JPG

Did you guys just change your minds? I can't say enough good things about the Queen B - it rocks! (Pun intended.) :)

Stacie

roseyloxs
02-18-2011, 01:15 AM
Thank you for the response Ryan. I am disappointed the new fabrics won't be available for my new (wonderful) Queen B. I know I saw a picture of it somewhere... Oh, here it is:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_2NjQuqxe3pM/TLfMFE8o6_I/AAAAAAAAABw/Cp8u3SrAeAo/s1600/IMG_0691.JPG

Did you guys just change your minds? I can't say enough good things about the Queen B - it rocks! (Pun intended.) :)

Stacie

ooh. Nice catch. Maybe they can sell you the one used at the show.

meggswife
02-18-2011, 03:14 AM
A girl can dream! :love5:

Multimama
02-18-2011, 09:02 AM
The new BR carrycot (i.e., 2011 model) has a new click-in attachment system that will only work with 2011 Indie and Indie Twin.

So the current carrycot would be able to use on a Flite and Indie, if a person owned both, but the new carrycot will only be for the Indie and then you would have to buy a second carrycot if you wanted one for the Flite? That doesn't seem like an improvement.

The brown Queen B is gorgeous. :)

PeppyParents
02-18-2011, 12:52 PM
So the current carrycot would be able to use on a Flite and Indie, if a person owned both, but the new carrycot will only be for the Indie and then you would have to buy a second carrycot if you wanted one for the Flite? That doesn't seem like an improvement.

The brown Queen B is gorgeous. :)

Hi, as is our understanding... the 2011 Indie and Indie Twin will only be compatible with the 2011 carrycot.

The Flyer, Flite, and 2010 Indie / Indie Twin will be compatible with the existing carrycot.

So, if you were to purchase a 2011 Indie and a Flite, it does sound like there is no single carrycot to use across both.

But I also think about P&T and MB strollers, which have multiple versions of carrycots too, so I don't know that this direction is completely unheard of.

HTH!

Bumbleride
02-23-2011, 07:49 PM
Hi Stacie! You are correct, the Queen B in Natural did not go into production and was chosen along with Flyer to stay the same for 2011. Sorry to dissapoint! If I can find the Walnut Queen B sample, would you be interested? :).

Hi Multimama! Thank you for your feedback regarding the model specific locking Carrycots.

The 2011 Indie, Indie Twin, Flite, and Flyer are compatible with the 2009 and 2010 Carrycot. If you need a Carrycot to work with a 2011 Flite and Indie, the 2010 would be the best choice if you want them both to be compatible.

The 2011 Carrycot however only fits Indie and Indie Twin as mentioned.

Bumbleride is all about safety and we feel that moving towards locking, model specific accessories and car seat adapters are best for baby.

Best,

Ryan

Hi PeppyParents! Thank you for your comments!! Please note that the 2009 and 2010 Carrycots are indeed compatible with 2011 models (excluding Queen B) but we recommend matching 2011 products with 2011 accessories when possible (for the most secure fit). For those looking for a Carrycot compatible with the 2011 Flite and Indie, we are recommending the 2010 Carrycot.

meggswife
02-23-2011, 10:11 PM
Hi Stacie! You are correct, the Queen B in Natural did not go into production and was chosen along with Flyer to stay the same for 2011. Sorry to dissapoint! If I can find the Walnut Queen B sample, would you be interested? :).

Best,

Ryan

Gasp!!! Absolutely!!!!! Would it be possible to just buy the whole fabric set and not the chassis? I just bought my Queen B, so I don't need a new chassis. Boy, you sure know how to make friends/fans for life! Just the fact that you offered... I'm overwhelmed. What terrific customer service!! :bighand:

Have a wonderful day!
Stacie

roseyloxs
02-23-2011, 10:15 PM
Gasp!!! Absolutely!!!!! Would it be possible to just buy the whole fabric set and not the chassis? I just bought my Queen B, so I don't need a new chassis. Boy, you sure know how to make friends/fans for life! Just the fact that you offered... I'm overwhelmed. What terrific customer service!! :bighand:

Have a wonderful day!
Stacie

Aren't they awesome? :heartbeat: Bumbleride. Best customer service I have ever experienced. They go above and beyond every time I have contacted them.

momtoax3
02-23-2011, 11:14 PM
Wow. Jaw drop. Awesome CS!

meggswife
02-23-2011, 11:23 PM
I have been SO impressed with my Queen B! The design and build quality is amazing - and that really is enough - but to have CS like that too?? Wow!! :love5:

Bootsie
02-24-2011, 09:07 AM
Meggswife, I hope you wind up able to get the Walnut Queen B/fabrics for it. The picture you posted of it is stunning!

I have to say, Bumbleride has some of the most stunning fabrics I've ever seen on a stroller. After my DH and I first saw the Indie Twin in seagrass, we started to seriously shop for a car that would fit IT, rather than getting a car and then looking for a stroller. It is a fabulous stroller and soo eyecatching!

Multimama
02-24-2011, 10:10 AM
Sorry to dissapoint! If I can find the Walnut Queen B sample, would you be interested? :).

This is so awesome. The Queen B looks great in the walnut fabric. I think it makes even more sense for that stroller than the Indie since it is such a classic look.

Bumbleride
02-24-2011, 12:48 PM
Hey Stacie,

Great to hear you already have the Queen B!

I will see if I can locate the Walnut Fabric Set :).

Best,

Ryan

meggswife
02-24-2011, 12:52 PM
Even if you can't find it, you're wonderful - Bumbleride is amazing!! :bighand:

Stacie

(Of course I hope you find it though! :) )

meggswife
02-24-2011, 12:58 PM
Meggswife, I hope you wind up able to get the Walnut Queen B/fabrics for it. The picture you posted of it is stunning!

I have to say, Bumbleride has some of the most stunning fabrics I've ever seen on a stroller. After my DH and I first saw the Indie Twin in seagrass, we started to seriously shop for a car that would fit IT, rather than getting a car and then looking for a stroller. It is a fabulous stroller and soo eyecatching!

I agree - Bumbleride's fabrics set them apart visually from other companies. Lol about shopping for a car to fit!

meggswife
02-24-2011, 12:59 PM
This is so awesome. The Queen B looks great in the walnut fabric. I think it makes even more sense for that stroller than the Indie since it is such a classic look.

I agree! :)

legaleagle
02-24-2011, 01:02 PM
I'm just waiting for a double flite with bar handle :)

Multimama
02-24-2011, 02:30 PM
I agree! :)

If you decide not to buy the walnut fabric one, tell Bumbleride to give me a ring. :)