PDA

View Full Version : another birthday party question........

newg
02-15-2011, 08:54 PM
Hi Ladies! :wavey: I have another birthday party question that I hope you can help me with!!!

Ok. So all the invites for DD1s party were addressed to her actual friend, and in ( ) I also said "and family too!" because all her friends are 3 and all have siblings close to her age (and all siblings are part of our various playgroups).

So I figured at least one parent would come, but wanted to let them know all family members were welcome.

So I just got an email back from one mom that her daughter "A" won't be able to come, but they want to give DD1 her birthday gift at our playgroup on Friday (DD's party is on Saturday)

So my question is two part: 1) do you think I should bring a goodie bag for this girl to the playgroup, since she is giving DD a gift? and 2) should her brother get a goodie bag as well, since he was part of the "and family too!" invite. He may or may not be at the playgroup...he's almost 5 and doesn't always come.

Thanks ladies!! I always appreciate your wisdom and advice!!

mezzona
02-15-2011, 08:59 PM
i would just give goody bags to those who go. however, if i can afford to make extra, i will, and give the parent an extra to take home.

Melbel
02-15-2011, 09:04 PM
If I had extra goody bags, I would probably bring them to playgroup as a nice gesture. On the other hand, if I did not have extra, I would not worry at all about not providing a goody bag other than at the party. As for the sibling, 5 year olds tend to get jealous easily, so I would include him too if you have enough and he is at the playgroup (maybe leave the bags in the car until you can assess whether or not he is there). Good luck at the party and happy birthday to your DD1!