PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions on what to do with this to keep it safe? (pic)

BillK
02-15-2011, 09:28 PM
Today we picked up the ashes of our beloved girl - Shasta - from our vets. They surprised us by giving us this plaster pawprint heart they made:

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/_vWVq6yK2ftk/TVsm8UppjBI/AAAAAAAAAE8/wSP8HasJ6GE/s400/1297818909151.jpg

Obviously this is very dear to my heart and I want to keep it safe - so I'm looking for suggestions on the best way to do this. I can't just leave it laying around to be broken by one of the boys or whatnot. I was thinking of having someone frame it for me or something but I'm not sure it would hang well in a frame. Any ideas?

Surprisingly - this is not getting any easier for me. :(

LMPC
02-15-2011, 09:33 PM
I think it would work well in more of a shadow box (think frame but deeper)...or maybe a strong acrylic box -- although I like the idea of "framing" it better.

BTW, that is such a thoughtful thing for them to have done. Brings tears to my eyes!

Dr C
02-15-2011, 09:33 PM
What a lovely thing to remember her by! I wonder if you could display it like a plate or tile on one of those stands made to display china plates. We have a tile (made by a friend, sentimental value) displayed on a high shelf of a built in bookcase. The kids haven't broken it yet.

Hugs and sympathy... it took me many months to get over losing my pup Saba 3 years ago now... and I still get a little choked up thinking about her.

Penny's Pappa
02-15-2011, 09:34 PM
I was going to say frame it. Maybe mount it in a shallow shadowbox?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

TwinFoxes
02-15-2011, 09:37 PM
What a lovely thing to remember her by! I wonder if you could display it like a plate or tile on one of those stands made to display china plates.

This is exactly what we did with our cocker mix's print. It's in DHs home office I believe (he loved our little buddy even more than I did).

crl
02-15-2011, 09:37 PM
Maybe take it to a frame shop and see what they suggest?

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Catherine

wimama
02-15-2011, 09:39 PM
I think a shadow box would work well. Our vet put our cats paw print on a nice piece of paper with a touching poem on it. I was a crying mess when I saw it for the first time. But, I do treasure that little paw print. It does get easier. :hug:

DrSally
02-15-2011, 09:44 PM
What a lovely way to remember her. I like the shadow box idea.

bubbaray
02-15-2011, 11:28 PM
Another vote for a shadowbox frame or an acrylic box of some sort, maybe with the heart on a stand??

I am so sorry for your loss. Wishing you peace.

BabyMine
02-15-2011, 11:34 PM
Our vet surprised us also and I broke down all over again. We have a California Closet system in our MB closet and I have a section I displayed it with the ashes. For awhile everytime I would look at it I would tear up and sometimes cry. Oops just started tearing up again.

I am so very sorry Bill.:hug:

mctlaw
02-15-2011, 11:40 PM
OK, this is like the third time I've come to tears over a BBB post tonight. I am so sorry for your loss. What a nice memento. I second or third the suggstions to shadowbox it.

tmahanes
02-15-2011, 11:43 PM
:grouphug: What about something like this? With the heart and a pic of her?

http://www.yourpictureframes.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Plate-Shadow-Box-Frame-300x225.jpg

NancyJ_redo
02-15-2011, 11:58 PM
I like the shadow box idea, esp like tmahanes' suggestion.

So sorry this has been so difficult for you bill :grouphug:

jenstring95
02-16-2011, 01:01 AM
Do you have a hutch/china cabinet? We display plates that the kids have made at the paint your own pottery places that way.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Pets are part of the family every bit as much as people.

BillK
02-16-2011, 01:05 PM
Thank you all for the suggestions - I'm going to try to find a shadow box that will hold it along with a photo of my sweet girl.

Ceepa
02-16-2011, 01:23 PM
Bill :hug:

I like the shadow box idea, and if it would help to keep her pawprint out so you can touch it during these fresh few weeks, I'd place it in a safe high place for now. In the meantime, getting the shadow box ready for the pawprint with a nice photo sounds like a good way to remember her.