PDA

View Full Version : Paying Dog Sitter?

PMJ
02-16-2011, 12:41 AM
How much would you pay a Dog Sitter per day? Person will be having our dog (md sized) at his house. I'm guessing a walk once a day and feed/water etc. He/roomie currently have a Lab (older in age).

Roomie - is my friend.
Guy - I've never met. This guy just lost his job, which is why my Friend wants me to pay him instead of her, to help him out. I've NEVER met this guy, but hope he will be good w/ our dog!

What do you think?

thanks!

Nooknookmom
02-16-2011, 03:59 AM
My daughter gets $15 per visit, for about a half hr. The one couple just want her to let out the doggie & wear him out (they work nights). If it is a longer visit or a walk she will get up to $25.

Other clients pay the same.

We went out of town a few yrs back and had our cousin come here 2x's a day for our shepherds's & cats. I paid her $25 a day.

So maybe somewhere btwn $20-30 since it is all day/night & you can be pretty comfortable that your baby will be safe (won't your friend be around too-they r roomies?)

ha98ed14
02-16-2011, 04:16 AM
I'd say at least $20 would be fine, but $25 sounds nice and robust compared to $20.

$30 seems like overkill but if your pet had special medicines or therapies that needed to be applied, I would pay $30.

eagle
02-16-2011, 05:22 AM
we pay $20 a day when we leave town.

often i give a day's tip, esp if our trip was more than a week.

lfp2n
02-16-2011, 08:56 AM
We do $15 a day to come and do our indoor cat and I know the girl charges $25 for a dog as its more work/walking etc.

o_mom
02-16-2011, 09:16 AM
We paid around $15-20/day for a kennel. I paid a teen dog sitter $5/visit, three times/day, so $15/day - she had no travel time (next door) and would be there about 15-20 min at a time, so I figured she was making $15/hr. This is also something that will vary widely by region, so if you are in a high COL area, it might be more. I would call around to a few kennels and get their rates and compare.

BabyBearsMom
02-16-2011, 10:38 AM
Our dog walker will take our dog to her house if we are going to be away over night. She charges us $35 per day that she has him. It is a great set up because she has two small dogs (we have a small dog) that my dog likes to play with and she lets him sleep in her bed (he sleeps in our bed) unlike a kennel where he would have to be locked up and alone.