PDA

View Full Version : Uppababy Vista as a double

blackiris
02-16-2011, 11:12 AM
How is it? Who uses their vista as a double and how does it handle? Does it feel heavy to push? Is it hard to push up hills?
I am due in June and will have 2 children 18 months apart. I was thinking about getting the mountain buggy duo but I think it is just too big, long, wide and heavy (and yes, I know that as far as doubles go, it's one of the narrowest).
I have tried the BJCS and felt it was heavy in SINGLES mode. And way too long.
If you have pushed both a mountain buggy duo and uppababy with rumbleseat, i'd love to hear how they compare.
Thanks so much!

arivecchi
02-16-2011, 11:19 AM
You should PM swissair81. She has both the MB Duo and the Uppa Baby Vista with rumble seat.

I would only get the Uppa over the MB Duo if you are mostly using it indoors or for car use.

momtoax3
02-16-2011, 11:39 AM
I have the Vista with rumble seat and would only recommend it as an occasional double or mall only double. It would not recommend it as a full time double especially outdoors. We have a sbs double for walks and long outings.

♥ms.pacman♥
02-16-2011, 01:00 PM
well i have the vista + rumbleseat but i can't yet speak to how well it handles as a double as i'm in similar situation (my 2nd is due in April, kids will be 15mos apart). i did try out the Vista in a store with my DS in the rumble seat, and the steering/push seemed ok.

i agree that it may not be a good idea to have vista as your "main" double, especially for outdoors... i plan on mainly keeping it in the van for mall/store use. for outdoor use i'm getting a Bob duallie.

PeppyParents
02-16-2011, 07:18 PM
How is it? Who uses their vista as a double and how does it handle? Does it feel heavy to push? Is it hard to push up hills?
I am due in June and will have 2 children 18 months apart. I was thinking about getting the mountain buggy duo but I think it is just too big, long, wide and heavy (and yes, I know that as far as doubles go, it's one of the narrowest).
I have tried the BJCS and felt it was heavy in SINGLES mode. And way too long.
If you have pushed both a mountain buggy duo and uppababy with rumbleseat, i'd love to hear how they compare.
Thanks so much!

Hi,

I'd agree with everyone else that Vista with a Rumbleseat wouldn't be great as a long-term double. Vista is great as a single, and Rumbleseat is a great add-on for errands, travel, and other short-term use.

Since you can wait a while, I'd suggest you wait and see the new MB Duet coming out in May (at least that's the current estimate). It's going to be the most narrow all-terrain side-by-side on the market. You can see the Stroller411 blog entry for the Mountain Buggy Duet (http://stroller411.com/blog/324/mountain-buggy-duet-double-stroller-2011/).

That may be just what you're looking for!