PDA

View Full Version : 2 Year Olds Rule the World

arivecchi
02-16-2011, 11:22 AM
My 2 year old is so funny lately. He is just saying the cutest things. My faves phrases right now:

I do not want to!

MINE!

Cookie now!

Big butt.

Poopoo, ewwwwww!

:rotflmao:

What is your 2 year old up to these days?

kedss
02-16-2011, 11:31 AM
yep my 2.5 year old DD is into:

why?
I dunno
arguing with her 7 year old brother, no matter what the issue, if he says yes, she says no and vice versa :)

SkyrMommy
02-16-2011, 11:33 AM
My little one now declares...

"Me too" (to everything!:rotflmao:)

When she poos in her diaper she finds the nearest big person and declares "turd" to them in a very loud voice pointing to her rear!

My favorite is now the "Love you" followed by a huge and noisy blown kiss.

And when things are not going her way the "No, no, no, no" is followed by foot stamping in a circle which makes her dizzy so she sits down and says "slippery" in a very disgusted voice.

She is totally pushing for her way in everything! Hysterical coming from such a little person... :hysterical:

lmr1101
02-16-2011, 11:40 AM
Just yesterday at daycare all of the kids were getting lined up to go outside and play.
They all had to wait for my 23 month old dd. She was about 10 feet away from them... sat on her bottom and then scooted on her bottom all the way to the rest of her class.
As soon as she got to them she looked up and said "Kaitlin's SILLY!!!"

I just wish I was there to see it happen :)

Smillow
02-16-2011, 11:47 AM
My DS will be 2 at the end of the month - his latest - "That's gross!" (I wonder who he heard that from:bag)!

And last night I was reviewing his day to him and I said, "Remember, you went to the library this morning?" and he replied," I memember.":love-retry:

SpaceGal
02-16-2011, 12:29 PM
My two year old likes to say:

Yessss
Sit
Ten U (Thank you)
Bess U (Bless you)

Pretty funny...just waiting for the real talking to start then I'll be in trouble with this little girl.

Myira
02-16-2011, 12:48 PM
My DD says when she wants me to hold her - I carry you!
Also "its hurting you!"

nowadays at bedtime it is - "but I don't like to go to sleep"

Gummy vites are "gummy wife". Cracks me up :)

Philoscript
02-16-2011, 01:26 PM
My little girl is 22 months and enjoys the following phrases:

"carry you" This is when she wants to be carried.
"Chase you" This is when she wants to chase each other
"Hide Seek"
"Tank you Tank You" for Thank you
"Roar (Tiger) eat piggy" (Yeah, I know this is a weird one. I'm still not sure where she got this one.) The animals are found in her Duplo set.
"Peese" Please with head tilt as if saying I know I'm cute.
"Scout Friend"

emily
02-16-2011, 02:27 PM
She's closer to 3 than 2 but yesterday she asked her baby brother, "you got toe jam, baby?" as I was taking off his socks.:hysterical::hysterical: FTR, he did... he often does.

And she still says "carry you" instead of "carry me".

amm40
02-16-2011, 02:31 PM
We have a lot of pointing at pictures and saying "What dat guy doing?". It gets old when there are lots of people on every page ofthe book we're reading. And he's just starting to ask it out in public too. I also hear lots of "Go dat way!" when I'm driving. As he's rear facing, I have no idea if I'm going the "right" way or not :). And just this morning he climbed on top of the laundry pile I was folding (yes, a chore was actually being accomplished, and in the morning too!) and instructed me to " fold baby, put there.". So I folded him up and put him on the empty spot he had indicated.

mimosa
02-16-2011, 02:40 PM
DS2 will be two next week, and is a riot. Some of his best ones are:

"Up-me, carry!" (pick me up and carry me)

He hangs on the freezer door, begging for "Ahhhh Keeeeem!" (Ice Cream)

Bacon is called "meat chip". He'd eat it for breakfast every day if he could.

He points to the Starbucks lady at Target (or whenever he sees a Starbucks) and says, "Hot Cuppee!"

Nearly two months after Christmas, he is still talking about Santa all. the. time. Some times it makes sense, sometimes...not so much.

This morning, I asked if he had pooped, and he replied, "Poopy Santa! Ewwwww, stinky butt. Change diaper NOW."

Diaper creame is called gut goop or gut boop.

Last night in the tub, he slipped and almost went under but caught himself on one elbow. He came up looking sheepish and said, "Trip!" So I said, "You tripped? Looks like you're swimming in there." He thought this was so hilarious, he kept cracking up, saying "Swimming!" and throwing himself down or lying on his back in the water.

He has decided that the Leapfrog fridge farm does NOT belong on the refrigerator, but on the coffee table. So whenever he finds it back on the fridge, he yanks it off and yells, "Nooooooooo!!!!!!" as he runs back to the coffee table and slams it down.

elektra
02-16-2011, 02:42 PM
"Ewwww, gross!" gets me all the time too.
Or
"I farted, hehe"

Boys!

Oh and DD can sing the first few lines of Journey's Don't Stop Believing, and sometimes I also catch DS singing to himself, "train going anywhere...."

TwinFoxes
02-16-2011, 02:43 PM
Well, my DDs are finally starting to talk. They're in full Royalty mode (as in they are little empresses, we are their serfs). They say things very demandingly, but add a "pease" on the end. As end "more milk now...pease."

DD: "Cuddle mama?" (I cuddle) DD: "Awwwww!"
"Watch mama cook!" (This means, I want to stand in the LT)
"I luv Mama oo" (I love mama too)
A complete misuse of the phrase "ok". It's very funny. Me: "Did you poop?" DD: "OK!!"
DDs: "I naked baby, I naked baby" as they run through the house...naked.
DDs while petting our dog: "Goo' boy, you goo' boy...awwww!"

They also act out entire scenes from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Very cute.

theriviera
02-16-2011, 02:49 PM
This age is hilarious. My 22 month DD loves to sing. She sings the ABCs at the top of her lungs and emphasizes certain letters by screaming them. Rinse and repeat with all of her favorite songs right now.

I was changing her diaper and getting her into her pjs the other night and she was so hyper and trying to jump off the changing table. i asked her to be calm and she looked at me and yelled "calm down!" i wonder where she gets that one from :)

niccig
02-16-2011, 02:52 PM
So DS is 6, but I still remember the 2 year old and "I'm doding" for "I'm doing". DH still says to me "what are you doding?" And we still laugh.

elektra
02-16-2011, 02:55 PM
They also act out entire scenes from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Very cute.

DS is also always singing "Hot Dog, Hot Dog, Hot Diggety Dog"

arivecchi
02-16-2011, 02:55 PM
These are cracking me up.

DS2 cracks up at farting noises and immediately says "ewwwwwwwwwww!" What is with boys and toilet humor?

I also love how he throws a massive tantrum when he wants something and as soon as we figure out what he wants he gives you a sad "ok" accompanied by a super cute pouty mouth.

He has also now started to request TV programming. :eek: Caillou is is fave.

We have also been entertained with his version of Jingle Bells (sounds like fufu fells) since Christmas!

I love two year olds!

ThreeofUs
02-16-2011, 03:05 PM
No, NO NO!!!

and

MIIIINNNEEEEE

and

"You're poopy!" or "You're stupid!" (gotta love older brothers) with pouty face and pointing finger

Saying "I hate X" then asking for X, repeat, to spin DH and I around like yo-yos.

We've started laughing and saying, "oh, you're so two, aren't you...", which seems to confuse him.

ewpmsw
02-16-2011, 03:30 PM
It's so odd to hear 2 1/2 yo DD use the same words and phrases I use, in the same tone of voice.

"Really? Really, Mommy?" (Sounds like "Willy?")

"Pretty much."

"Oh, my goodness!"

"Ring around the rosie, pockets of posie, Ashley, Ashley, we all fall down!"

When I caught her dumping her bowl of cereal on purpose: "I'm a booger. I was fusterated. The cereal is cold. Can I have Minnie panties?"

"I caaaaan't" really means "I don't want to." "I need ____" really means, "Gimme _____!"

She is in love with the idea of being a ballerina and dances around the room with a very serious face, eyes closed. Two is a maddening age, but it's so, so sweet sometimes.

stillplayswithbarbies
02-16-2011, 03:39 PM
(as we were driving through a wooded area after darK)
"stop car! stop car!"
me: what's wrong?
"a bear!!"
me: you saw a bear? (not likely here but not totally impossible)
"no . . . a monster!!"

she sings "Happy Tuesday" for Happy Birthday, and to the tune of Are You Sleeping. I dunno why.

"you happy?" randomly asked throughout the day to all people and pets.

our latest fun is to ask her "what does a pirate say?"
"Arrrrr, maties!" (complete with an arm motion like Popeye) Cracks us up every time.

She calls her older sister "Sister" for some reason. She had been saying her name, so we don't know where this came from. "Sister, you happy?" "where Sister go?"

over Christmas all the cousins were there (all teenaged boys). She came running into the bedroom, slammed the door, and stood against it with her hands splayed out, like as if to bar the door. She exclaimed "aHHH!! Monsters!". I said "monsters? what are their names?" and she said (with a sparkle of pure delight) "Jake and Michael!"

A few weeks after Christmas, she brought me the phone and said "talk Meemaw, now! talk Meemaw NOW!". I guess she missed grandma. :) We called her and grandma was suitably touched by it all.

She wouldn't say her name, she would only say "Baby" and insist that is who she was. Then she pooped in the potty one time, and ever since then, if you ask her if she is a baby, she says "nooooo", and if she is a big girl and she says "nooooo" and then you ask "what are you?" and she says her name.

she really only started talking over Christmas, so we are loving every word.

jennilynn
02-16-2011, 03:51 PM
Every time I take my 2 y/o shopping, I hear "have it that" a million times. And sometimes he calls his brother "guy" or "monkey." But this morning he said "thank you daddy," so at least he's very polite for a 2 y/o :love-retry:

LMPC
02-16-2011, 04:41 PM
Sometimes when DD asks me to do something, I will tell her to try doing it herself....she'll say "Oooh mama, I can't...I'm too busy!"

At times she will say "I love you, too!" without me or DH saying "I love you" first. For some reason, that cracks me up!

She's at the stage where she wants to know things about people, but she doesn't realize that I am not clairvoyant. So she'll ask me things like..."Where does she live?" "When's her birthday?" "Who lives in that house?" Or other times, she will just ask random people around us....like at WF or TJ's. Thank goodness people are understanding :tongue5:

But my favorite this week has been her comment about my upcoming birthday.
DD: Mama, it's your birthday soon!
me: Yep, that's right.
DD: You pick a color yet?
me [thrown off]: Huh, picked a color?
DD: Yeah mama, you need to pick a color for your birthday! Pick purple!

I honestly have NO idea where this came from, but I totally LOL!

Beckylove
02-16-2011, 05:00 PM
My 2.5 DS likes to suggest an alternative to any activity I mention:

Me: Lets go to Walmart
DS: How about... Chick-fil-a

Me: Time for lunch
DS: How about... chips and salsa

He also has a funny phrase when putting on his shoes. He doesn't like new shoes, here is how the conversation went.
DS: No, no, no. Too big. Too big.
Me: They're not too big, I think they look awesome.

Now every time we put his shoes on he says: Too big, not too big- aweso

mommylamb
02-16-2011, 05:03 PM
My favorite from when my DS (now 3.5) was 2 was one day we were driving in the car after I had just gotten back from a work trip and I said to him "DS, I missed you so much, you're my favorite boy" or something like that and he responded to me "I like spinach." (which, I've never seen him eat in his life, though my DCP swears it happens).

MommyofAmaya
02-16-2011, 05:04 PM
Sebastian has started to say "Are you happy Mama?" every time I start to get frustrated with him. If I say "No" he says "I can make you happy" with a flirty eye and smile. It works!!

stillplayswithbarbies
02-16-2011, 05:23 PM
I forgot one.

She threw a complete kicking screaming tantrum the other day. While wearing her squeaky shoes (from Taiwan). http://www.velveteenrabbit.org/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/th_dry.gif full-on banshee screams, punctuated by *squeak*squeaky*squeak*

the first time she wore those shoes and realized they squeak with every step was priceless. I swear she learned to walk just to hear more of it.

sunshine873
02-16-2011, 06:03 PM
Love these!

My new 2-year old's most common phrases:

No, no, no, no (as a response to just about any question you ask - unless you're asking if she wants a cookie or something like that.)
Up peese (Up please when she wants you to pick her up & carry her)
Tattoo (Thank you)
& she has just started to hold her empty cup to the fridge water dispenser, saying, "Milk peese" :) Yeah, there's a cow in there, just waiting for you to ask.

I'm loving it! :)

TwinFoxes
02-16-2011, 06:53 PM
our latest fun is to ask her "what does a pirate say?"
"Arrrrr, maties!" (complete with an arm motion like Popeye) Cracks us up every time.

I really hope you guys have videoed this! That's hilarious! Arrrr!

sunshine873
02-16-2011, 06:54 PM
Oh and DD just reminded me of the other one. My niece introduced her to You Tube and now anytime my laptop is open, she points to it, saying "Emmo san, Emmo San" Which means, Elmo's Song, Elmo's Song. :)

MoJo
02-16-2011, 07:07 PM
"I am cereal" = I am sorry. It's so hard to keep a straight face with that one.

"Aya make mama SO happy" whenever she has done something that pleases me.

bigpassport
02-16-2011, 08:08 PM
We're only at 20 months, but this cracks me up every time...

DS: More?
Me: More what?
DS: More please?

ShanaMama
02-16-2011, 08:37 PM
The one that pops into my mind are "napshee". In case you couldn't figure out what that means, she's usually holding a doll & gesturing to her onesie & commanding me to (s)nap she! Everything is she- I want to play with she, dress she, etc.

Another cute one is whenever the light is too bright, like if she wakes up in the middle of the night, It's too sunny!

Melbel
02-16-2011, 08:55 PM
I'll play! Some of my current favorites...

Me: Where are we going? (a la Dora)
DD2: Starry - bucks

DD2: After a coughing fit, DD2 stated "oh no! I drank too much coffee!" (she has not ever had coffee for the record but is well aware of my addiction ;))

Me: DD2, you are a little stinker
DD2: Ack chew a wee (actually), I am a BIG stinker (she is all about everything big these days)

DD2: DS you are a BIG baby (after I explained to her that I had 3 babies)

DD2: Mommy, can I pweese have a wowipop (just as I was typing)

ETA: She now likes to exclaim "I can't take it anymore!" and "enough already!" which makes me laugh

blondflava
02-16-2011, 09:12 PM
My 22 month old... Once she sees me on my knees (like trying to get something out from underneath the couch or crib) drops everything, runs to me and giggles saying IIIIha - she wants to get on my back and 'ride' LOL. It's funny because it usually catches me completely off guard.
Her favorite phrases are 'Myammi myammi (yammi) and she rubs her tummy, "hi mommy, hi lala, hi mimi", she is such a mommy's girl, when we're out somewhere and she wants to be picked up, she runs to someone with jeans on, grabs on and lifts her leg saying "up", then she realizes she's grabbing on some random mom, and her face is just priceless then... Love that girl!

MamaSnoo
02-16-2011, 09:38 PM
Re: her dad "Where is him?"

Also: "I want sumfing...." (me: what would you like?) "I do not know."

MSWR0319
02-16-2011, 10:07 PM
DS will be 2.5 in April. His current phrases are:

"NO WAY!!" with as much attitude as you can say that phrase

" I took a big poop" - If he ever says this in public I will shrivel up and die. I have no idea where he got this from

"My pee comes from my penis. My poop comes from my butt" - If only he'd put as much effort into attempting to potty train as he does into talking about it : )

"Yeah" With a huge southern drawl. In fact, he's starting to get a pretty thick southern accent with everything he says and I have no idea where it's coming from. We live in the Midwest and know no one with an accent.

Jo..
02-16-2011, 10:18 PM
"Don't worry Mommy, I help"!

Just melts my heart.

Babymakes3
02-16-2011, 10:22 PM
My ds is 2.5 and definitely not talking as much as some of yours!
Here are some of his little sayings...

"Neen" means green and he is obsessed, everything is green including himself
"Na Na Na Na Nanny" = singing the Handy Manny song, another obsession
"When he farts or burps he says "Meee" in a giggly voice = excuse me

Every night I tell him I love him and he says "uh huh, daddy (then I say yes daddy loves you), meow meows (i repeat yes again, this follows after every person or animal), bubba (cat), chickie (cat), mimi (my SIL, no idea why she is included, lol)

"Memo" is how he says Nemo and is his newest obsession - a week ago when this started it was "Memaw" so we're progressing I guess!

mousemom
02-16-2011, 11:41 PM
My favorite is when I ask DS to help me clean up or tell him it's time to get his diaper changed and he very politely responds, "No dank you, Mama." This is not in response to yes or no questions, but it's hard to force the issue when he's being so polite.

Another cute one was when he was practicing drinking from an open cup in the tub. After a couple of good sips, I said, "yeah, DS". One time he turned to me and said, "Yeah, Mama, too!" I smile and agreed and now he says it all the time when we're practicing.

blue
02-17-2011, 12:57 AM
We're only at 20 months, but this cracks me up every time...

DS: More?
Me: More what?
DS: More please?

Hey! What is my ds doing with you? I thought he was sleeping in his crib right now ;)

My gonna be 20 months next week ds does the SAME thing. Except he signs the word more, I ask more what, and he signs more please.

Makes me giggle too!

gobadgers
02-17-2011, 01:06 AM
These are fun!

Everything in our house is 'stinky garbage' right now. DS cracks himself up with this one (and it doesn't help that I can't keep a straight face either).

Dirty diaper? Stinky garbage! Used kleenex? Stinky garbage! DS's bare feet? Stinky garbage! At which point DD chimes in that we do not want to throw out DS's feet because he needs to walk.

Reyadawnbringer
02-17-2011, 01:17 AM
DS is in the "sooo much!" stage. For example, "mama, I love you soooo much!" Or "thank you sooooo much!". I love it.

He is especially good with his manners, but sometimes gets demanding by adding a "I said..." before things, such as "I said PLEASE!" even when he hasn't.

He runs around the house saying "Mama, I be Iron Man and you be Spiderman!"

And he begs for another book at bedtime by jumping up with one finger sticking up and says "picka one book!" (Meaning he wants to pick one more book).

And my favorite: "Mama, I protect you!" When he is running away from tickles, he hasn't figured out how to say "Protect me" yet.

He talks a whole bunch a literally just picks up every thing we say. He has started to also say "bless you" after someone sneezes and "after you" while trying to pull the door open.

I just love this stage!

blue
02-17-2011, 01:29 AM
Having fun reading all the responses

One of my ds's favorite activities right now is to insult my house keeping.
He walks around and points out EVERY crumb on the floor (that HE dropped) and says icky.
At least his second favorite activity is to "vacy" (vacuum) with me. He grabs his "vacy" then drags me to mine, and continues to say "vacy" until I cave and vacuum with him.

longtallsally05
02-17-2011, 04:33 PM
My DS will turn two years old in two days, and I am really impressed that he's starting to use pronouns. Yesterday when he heard DD (whom DS calls, "Sister") call out from another room in the house, DS hopped up, called back to her, "I coming, Sister!" and took off in DD's direction.

Today he saw a toy he had left in the door, just next to his car seat but out of his reach and said, "I want that!" (pointing). " Door open!", as Grandmother gets out of her seat to open his door. Then, "Thank you. Thanks!", after Grandmother handed him the toy.

I am amazed at all this development because in October, pretty much the only word he would say was, "Light", (he loves to play with light switches). Isn't it amazing how quickly things change?

stillplayswithbarbies
02-17-2011, 05:39 PM
this one was from a few weeks ago. She burped, rather loudly for a small girl. She looked confused and thoughtful for a few seconds. You could tell she knew she was supposed to say something after she burped, but couldn't remember what. Then it dawned on her, and she threw her hands in the air and shouted "Taa-daa!"

:)

we have no idea where that came from. But we've all taken to saying it now when we burp.

arivecchi
02-17-2011, 06:36 PM
2 year olds are just freaking adorable!