PDA

View Full Version : OMG! Trader Joe's Edamame Hummus..

JMS
02-16-2011, 01:57 PM
...where have you been all my life?
That's it!:bouncy: back to whatever you were doing!

calv
02-16-2011, 02:05 PM
...where have you been all my life?
That's it!:bouncy: back to whatever you were doing!

LOL! I tried it last week too and OMG! almost ate the whole thing w/tostitos scoops in ONE sitting. Must get more ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

crl
02-16-2011, 02:06 PM
Will have to try it! Thanks!
Catherine

Melanie
02-16-2011, 02:18 PM
Adding to my list! Thank you!

JMS
02-16-2011, 02:18 PM
LOL! I tried it last week too and OMG! almost ate the whole thing w/tostitos scoops in ONE sitting. Must get more ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I highly recommend the Trader Joe's Pretzel Slims. Very good and preservative and fat free!

calv
02-16-2011, 02:20 PM
the week before I ate the garlic hummus w/the sea salt pita chips. Oh so VERY yummy! :)

will try the pretzels. Gawd, must get some ASAP! LOL

amldaley
02-16-2011, 02:23 PM
super easy to make at home, too. DD loves it!

JustMe
02-16-2011, 03:19 PM
Really? Anyway anyone can describe the taste? I love hummus and like edamame beans, but never thought of the two as one.

How do you make it at home?

Melaine
02-16-2011, 03:23 PM
Sounds so yummy! Yesterday I had the Tomato and Roasted Red Pepper soup and it was sooo good. I have pretty much liked, loved, or adored everything we have tried from there.

mommylamb
02-16-2011, 03:52 PM
I love TJ's organic hummus. Will have to try the edamame kind.

amldaley
02-16-2011, 03:52 PM
Edamame hummus at home:

Frozen or fresh shelled edamame
fresh parsley (not in the TJ's version but I like it!)
olive oil
lemon juice
tahini OR cashew butter
sea salt

Throw it all in the blender, food processor (I use a Ninja, my mother uses a magic bullet) and blend.

There are several recipes online. I have been experimenting with all kinds of hummus including kidney bean and black bean. Even when they don't come out perfect, they are still really tasty and they are sooooooo easy to make. We keep one or two kinds in the fridge at all times and eat it 4 or 5 times a week.

http://www.confessionsofachocoholic.com/healthy/trader-joes-edamame-hummus

http://www.thedeliciouslife.com/edamame-hummus-worlds-fifth-biggest/

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/edamame-hummus-recipe/index.html

s7714
02-16-2011, 03:57 PM
That's one of my all time favorites! :love5: FWIW, it freezes and thaws well too. I usually buy a couple containers so I don't have to run back for more, LOL! When I was doing Weight Watchers, I could slather a sizable amount for like a 1/2 point on sandwiches and stuff. (Don't know what the new point value would be with the WW changes though.)

Someone asked about the flavor...to me it's kind of a cross between hummus and guacamole.

DrSally
02-16-2011, 04:47 PM
I haven't tried it, but now I'm going to have to put it on my list.

DrSally
02-16-2011, 04:48 PM
That's one of my all time favorites! :love5: FWIW, it freezes and thaws well too. I usually buy a couple containers so I don't have to run back for more, LOL! When I was doing Weight Watchers, I could slather a sizable amount for like a 1/2 point on sandwiches and stuff. (Don't know what the new point value would be with the WW changes though.)

Someone asked about the flavor...to me it's kind of a cross between hummus and guacamole.

I was just going to ask if it was reminiscent of guac. I hate buying my fav perishables and then running out b/c I only drive to TJ's once a month. Freezing it is a good idea.

Melanie
02-18-2011, 05:10 PM
OMG. I asked Dh to get some this week. It is AMAZING. My 9 yo just said, "THAT IS THE BEST HUMMUS I HAVE EVER HAD!"

Thanks for sharing. :)

kdeunc
02-18-2011, 05:17 PM
It is fantastic! Thanks for the recommendation. My closest TJ's is an 1 and 1/2 hours from here. I happened to be in that city for a meeting this week and made sure to make the trip to pick some up based on your post! I also picked up some goat cheese and sun dried tomato ravioli which was pretty darn good! :)

I am now searching old posts for my list of must buys when I head up for a meeting next month!