PDA

View Full Version : Survivor Redemption Island DISCUSSION thread!

alien_host
02-16-2011, 05:39 PM
Anyone with me?

I have to say I'm not sure of the need to bring back Boston Rob and Russell for a 4th and 3rd time...but I'm still going to watch. ;)

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor/cast/

I edited the title to make this a discussion thread....

sunshine873
02-16-2011, 05:40 PM
I'm with you! The TIVO is set & I'm pretty darned excited about it!!! :)

arivecchi
02-16-2011, 05:41 PM
Thanks for the reminder!

Woohoo!

calv
02-16-2011, 05:48 PM
I'm so darn excited for tonight. =) I'm also loving Idol. W/that said, thank goodness for DVR!!!!!!!!!

Kitten007
02-16-2011, 05:58 PM
Thanks for the reminder! I always miss the first few episodes because life gets in the way. (Hear that kids? Mommy time!)

kristac
02-16-2011, 07:11 PM
Totally can't wait!

baymom
02-16-2011, 07:12 PM
Thanks for the reminder! Off to set the DVR!

Beth24
02-16-2011, 08:25 PM
You saved me...always miss the first episode. Thanks!

wencit
02-16-2011, 08:26 PM
:boogie:

DH will be coming home late, and the (low fat) brownies are in the oven -- it's like I have a date night with myself! :ROTFLMAO:

purpleeyes
02-16-2011, 09:24 PM
:boogie:

DH will be coming home late, and the (low fat) brownies are in the oven -- it's like I have a date night with myself! :ROTFLMAO:

Fun!!
I am dvr-ing right now! Can't wait for to see my reality-tv boyfriend again... :wink2:

Jo..
02-16-2011, 10:37 PM
OMG OMG

I have watched EVRY SINGLE EPISODE since the first season!

billysmommy
02-16-2011, 11:00 PM
This is my all-time favorite show and I :heartbeat: Boston Rob

Don't want to post too much since I know others haven't watched yet but OMG ~ that was one of the best tribal councils ever!!!

purpleeyes
02-16-2011, 11:10 PM
I :heartbeat: Boston Rob

Don't want to post too much since I know others haven't watched yet but OMG ~ that was one of the best tribal councils ever!!!

Yes, yes, and yes again!!

alien_host
02-17-2011, 10:28 AM
Anyone care to discuss. People can post spoilers in white if they want.

I thought it was really good. I like the Redemption Island twist, not knowing if you should get rid of someone since they might come back. I think it's kind of funny that some of the players are in awe of Boston Rob and Russell.

And Phillip.....that guy is a nut job! I mean he really is crazy....what a way to start off the game. I love how they have "Former Federal Agent?" with the question mark at the end.

ETA: I also still love Boston Rob. And I even like Russell...I just think it is funny that he thinks he is going to win....I just don't want to hear the whining about how he is the "best survivor" and he didn't win etc. etc.

SPOILER....

It would have been funnier if Kristina got sent to RI without using the Idol...I thought it was funny that Francesca got voted out after what she said about RI in the beginning....classic

minnie-zb
02-17-2011, 10:36 AM
Anyone care to discuss. People can post spoilers in white if they want.

I thought it was really good. I like the Redemption Island twist, not knowing if you should get rid of someone since they might come back. I think it's kind of funny that some of the players are in awe of Boston Rob and Russell.

And Phillip.....that guy is a nut job! I mean he really is crazy....what a way to start off the game. I love how they have "Former Federal Agent?" with the question mark at the end.

ETA: I also still love Boston Rob. And I even like Russell...I just think it is funny that he thinks he is going to win....I just don't want to hear the whining about how he is the "best survivor" and he didn't win etc. etc.

SPOILER....

It would have been funnier if Kristina got sent to RI without using the Idol...I thought it was funny that Francesca got voted out after what she said about RI in the beginning....classic

Loved it!!! I haven't watched Survivor in a while, but decided to last night and boy, that was the best tribal council! Philip -- I loved the fact he outed them, but I think he was having an anxiety attack, did you see how he was sweating and couldn't pronounce her name? I don't know if it was because he was dehydrated or hungry, but something wasn't right.

almostmom
02-17-2011, 10:45 AM
Me too! DH and I have watched every single episode together - such a history of our relationship! We thoroughly enjoyed it last night. I love Boston Rob.

arivecchi
02-17-2011, 11:38 AM
Gosh, I hope Phil sticks around. What a nutcase. Highly entertaining!

I am another huge Boston Rob fan! Go Rob! :)

http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/survivor-redemption-island-episode-1/

scriptkitten
02-17-2011, 11:58 AM
OMG OMG

I have watched EVRY SINGLE EPISODE since the first season!

so have i.

i love BR and Russell but i'd be annoyed as a contestant that it was going to be the "rob and russell show" again.

phillip is so messed up.

he's like Coach plus JimmyT combined.

Kitten007
02-17-2011, 06:47 PM
Gosh, I hope Phil sticks around. What a nutcase. Highly entertaining!

I am another huge Boston Rob fan! Go Rob! :)

http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/survivor-redemption-island-episode-1/

I kind of agree with you keeping Phillip around, but if I was playing the game, I would want him out ASAP because I would sleep with one eye open and make sure he didn't have anything he could use as a weapon. He needs a special padded room with a nice white jacket that ties in the back.

Gotta say, that tribal council was the best one! I loved Jeff's reaction!

LarsMal
02-17-2011, 08:25 PM
Gotta say, that tribal council was the best one! I loved Jeff's reaction!

Definitely one of the best tribal councils. Definitely the best FIRST tribals! DH and I had to keep pausing and rewinding because we were laughing so hard. Philip is a nut job! I hope they realize the guy cannot be trusted now.

I am giggling now thinking about "Fran-qwes-qua...Fran-fresca". :rotflmao:What did he say, "I have a dry throat. I've been seeing a doctor for it?" hahaha!

sunshine873
02-17-2011, 10:01 PM
Definitely one of the best tribal councils. Definitely the best FIRST tribals! DH and I had to keep pausing and rewinding because we were laughing so hard. Philip is a nut job! I hope they realize the guy cannot be trusted now.

I am giggling now thinking about "Fran-qwes-qua...Fran-fresca". :rotflmao:What did he say, "I have a dry throat. I've been seeing a doctor for it?" hahaha!

OMG - we were rolling in laughter. I've been seeing a doctor for it? Really? Then what are you doing on Survivor if you have such a "severe" condition? That guy is a train wreck! Oh, I'm sorry. I guess I should call him Former Federal Agent Train Wreck. :)

LarsMal
02-17-2011, 10:04 PM
I can't believe Probst isn't doing his blog this season. I loved his blog! DH said he's doing Q&A with Dalton Ross on ew, but I haven't checked it out yet.

Gena
02-17-2011, 10:08 PM
I can't believe Probst isn't doing his blog this season. I loved his blog! DH said he's doing Q&A with Dalton Ross on ew, but I haven't checked it out yet.

Here's Jeff Probst's blog:
http://www.jeffprobst.com/roundtable/blog/

LarsMal
02-17-2011, 10:15 PM
Here's Jeff Probst's blog:
http://www.jeffprobst.com/roundtable/blog/

Awesome! Thanks!

Beth24
02-18-2011, 01:39 AM
OMG - we were rolling in laughter. I've been seeing a doctor for it? Really? Then what are you doing on Survivor if you have such a "severe" condition? That guy is a train wreck! Oh, I'm sorry. I guess I should call him Former Federal Agent Train Wreck. :)

That's Special Agent Train Wreck to you ma'am...OMG I just watched him with my jaw dropping the entire time. Loved Francesca's line about how she got stuck in an alliance with the saggy old guy in pink underwear or something to that effect! :rotflmao:

alien_host
02-24-2011, 10:19 AM
I really enjoyed last night's episode. Although I really wanted Franchesca and Philliip to have to "duel" on RI :) Anyone know if they have the two contestants spend a few days together and then have the duel or what?

Anyway, I thought it was a riot how 1/2 the tribe was making fun of Phillip as he "hunted" the crab. The play-by-play announcment was a hoot.

And I don't know how much more I can take of Ralph's "man sweater".

Fairy
02-28-2011, 03:38 PM
I just found this thread and am loving this season. I'm Team Rob all the way. He is always stuck on the suckiest tribes ever. Seirously. It's not fair by any stretch of the imagination.

Ralph is awesome. Anyone who can take Russell down a peg is ok wtih me. What I won't understand is if they keep him come first tribal. I mean, I know taking him with you means you'll win, but you'll also hate every moment of every day you have to spend with him. LETHIMGO.

Special Agent Wackdoodle is a hoot. We thought Coach was screwey. No, he's a frakking head of state compared to this doof. I want him voted off, but then who will I laugh at?

No one does it like Dalton Ross. And to go without Jeff's blog would be murder. Can't wait for Wednesday.

Jo..
02-28-2011, 03:59 PM
Special Agent Wackdoodle is a hoot.

How dare you malign his name and his love for his country? SOB!!!!:(

If you insult him, you are insulting the USA, because, you know, he is a federal agent, which means he has integrity. And a deep abiding love for the USA that no one else can fathom.

You are a rotten, rotten girl.

AnnieW625
02-28-2011, 04:00 PM
I just found this thread and am loving this season. I'm Team Rob all the way. He is always stuck on the suckiest tribes ever. Seirously. It's not fair by any stretch of the imagination.

I am Team Rob too. I love him, have since day 1, and was sucker for him and Amber when they hooked up.

I missed last week's episode, but might try and catch it On Demand tonight or tomorrow, but most likely will remember to set my DVR for a season pass of Survivor.

I didn't see the original Survivor season Russell was on, but yeah after the first episode not liking him at all.

I like Ralph too so I should have something to look forward to on last weeks show then.

Fairy
02-28-2011, 04:10 PM
How dare you malign his name and his love for his country? SOB!!!!:(

If you insult him, you are insulting the USA, because, you know, he is a federal agent, which means he has integrity. And a deep abiding love for the USA that no one else can fathom.

You are a rotten, rotten girl.

Oh dear. Er ... My country 'tis of thee? Ok, no Wackdoodle? Howa bout Special Agend Shepdoodle. Would that fly?

Jo..
02-28-2011, 04:13 PM
I have a pet name for him but the BBB has it censored.

****doodle

arivecchi
02-28-2011, 04:18 PM
SPOILER..... (need to highlight to read)

I am glad goldilocks got kicked off. That good boy act was sooooo annoying!

Would much rather watch Mr. Pink Briefs - Special Agent.

Rob continues to amaze me. He is just a master at this game The way he finessed Mr. Pink Briefs and the rest of his tribe before tribal was just awesome.

alien_host
02-28-2011, 04:52 PM
Rob continues to amaze me. He is just a master at this game The way he finessed Mr. Pink Briefs and the rest of his tribe before tribal was just awesome.

:yeahthat:
I've always loved Rob as a player (not to mention he is from Boston) and I take back my previous comments about the fact that he shouldn't be allowed to play a 4th time. He really is smooth and it's amazing that these people fall for it. Seriously, perhaps none of these other contestants have watched his prior seasons!

mackmama
02-28-2011, 04:55 PM
Love Survivor!!!

Fairy
03-01-2011, 11:08 AM
:yeahthat:
I've always loved Rob as a player (not to mention he is from Boston) and I take back my previous comments about the fact that he shouldn't be allowed to play a 4th time. He really is smooth and it's amazing that these people fall for it. Seriously, perhaps none of these other contestants have watched his prior seasons!

I think they're star struck. The real difference I've seen is that they see Boston Rob and they are just enamored of him, his game-play, who he is. I think he's got all of their respect, and I think most or all of them genuinely like him. With Russel, I think it's the opposite. The players despise him, hate his game-play, and wish to god they could play on some other season. They don't respect him, because while he may be good at the game, he's bad at being a genuine, decent person underneath it, he's a terribly sore loser, and he's a narcissist. That's how I see these guys.

What amazes me is how anyone keeps either of these guys around. I mean, honestly, you keep Russell, he's going to nudgey his way in and intimidate you to bend to his will. DROP. HIM. PEOPLE. I don't get how you don't remove him immedately. But Rob? So likeable! And take charge. And people look up to him. And in the misery that is sure to come with this game, sometimes you just need the comfort that just having him there probably brings.

arivecchi
03-01-2011, 11:53 AM
We have quite the Boston Rob fan club going on! :love5:

rlu
03-04-2011, 05:51 PM
Spoiler alert (no idea how to make words in a different color)

His torch was finally put out!

geochick
03-04-2011, 07:56 PM
Spoiler alert (no idea how to make words in a different color)

His torch was finally put out!

But what if he does well on R. Island?

Fairy
03-04-2011, 11:56 PM
HIghligh the words then click the A drop down above here on the formatting toolbar and choose white. That should do it.

=========

Someone eventually is gonna beat Russell. It may not be Matt, but whomever it is, it will happen. I so don't want Russell to win I cannot tell you. My guess is that Russell will maybe make a round or two, and then he'll be out.

Anyone have any guesses when they'll quite with Redemption Island and have a final "winner" there come back into the game? I think at the merge it'll be done. that person will have a chance to woo their way back in, and that will be their real final chance. Just a guess.

It was so great watching his torch be snuffed. Mmmmmm.

Kitten007
03-05-2011, 02:02 AM
I hope Matt kicks his butt. I won't name who just in case others have to catch up on the episode.

alien_host
03-15-2011, 03:47 PM
Spoilers ahead....

Well I'm not surprised that Russell lost... as he has never really been strong at challenges. I did find it amusing that he went off on his tribemates.

I'm also not sad that Kristina got sent to RI. That person was bugging me, I just hope Phillip doesn't over throw Rob anytime soon.

Kaylee31
03-15-2011, 03:55 PM
Spoilers ahead....

Well I'm not surprised that Russell lost... as he has never really been strong at challenges. I did find it amusing that he went off on his tribemates.

I'm also not sad that Kristina got sent to RI. That person was bugging me, I just hope Phillip doesn't over throw Rob anytime soon.

It's not a spoiler is it? Since it happened last week...
I'm so glad Russell is gone! 3 times playing is way too many. His gameplay was soo tired. It was entertaining the first time around, not so much on HvV, and definitely annoying this time. I think Philip is hilarious! They need to keep him around just for entertainment value, although I agree the sight of him in his pink undies is not too pretty. I guess I'm rooting for Rob, since I haven't seen enough of anyone else to really like them. And I used to hate Rob, go figure.

alien_host
03-15-2011, 04:27 PM
I know it was last week but I wasn't sure if people had caught up on DVR watching...although I always watch on Weds. I wasn't sure of the proper etiquette ;) and didn't want to reveal too much.

SnuggleBuggles
03-15-2011, 04:28 PM
I know it was last week but I wasn't sure if people had caught up on DVR watching...although I always watch on Weds. I wasn't sure of the proper etiquette ;) and didn't want to reveal too much.

IMO, if you got though the weekend and still haven't watched then boo on you and bring on the spoilers. :) I usually watch on Sundays and I'd just avoid this thread until I watched. :)

Beth

Fairy
03-15-2011, 10:02 PM
I was cheering when he lost and about did a jig, I was overjoyed. Then he cried and I was like d'oh! Poor dude! Then he went smackdowny sore loser again like he always does and I was annoed at myself for feeling a,momentary blip of sympathy for him. What a douche.

Kristina was the right one to vote off, I just hope she can beat matt cuz I fear he can and will make problems for rob if he returns to the game.

I loved ralph but now im not so sure. I like sarita and the older guy on that tribe too. Hate stephanie. She looks like a turtle and grates on my nerves.

alien_host
03-24-2011, 11:39 AM
Anyone still watching?

Kudos to Matt for winning the RI challenge again (4 in a row).

Maggie'sMom
03-24-2011, 11:55 AM
Having a hard time really getting into it this season, but rooting for Boston Rob. Unlike Russell, I think he has adapted his game each time he has played.

geochick
03-24-2011, 12:04 PM
Having a hard time really getting into it this season, but rooting for Boston Rob. Unlike Russell, I think he has adapted his game each time he has played.

Boston Rob is hands-down the best Survivor player ever. So smart!

GaPeach_in_Ca
03-24-2011, 12:23 PM
Was it on last night? I don't think our DVR taped it. Hmmm... I hope we don't have a conflict. Might have to bump it up in importance.

geochick
03-24-2011, 12:25 PM
Was it on last night? I don't think our DVR taped it. Hmmm... I hope we don't have a conflict. Might have to bump it up in importance.

I'm sure you can find it online today.

scriptkitten
03-24-2011, 12:32 PM
Boston Rob is hands-down the best Survivor player ever. So smart!

He is my favorite as well, but I also think Parvati is pretty brilliant and seasoned as well

billysmommy
03-24-2011, 12:34 PM
Loving it!!!

Boston Rob is still my fave but I am loving Grant too!!!

I hope Phillip sticks around for awhile, DH and I love waiting to see what he comes up with next!!

I also like Julie on Zapatera, she is in amazing shape!!

Fairy
03-24-2011, 02:00 PM
No, no, BAD that Matt keeps winning, he'll be trouble for Boston Rob later. We need Stephanie to win this so Rob can get her to (easily) flip on her tribe. I'm worried about Philip, too, cuz he's off, but he's going to flip on Rob, too. He can only be just so counted on. I am for Rob all the way. I also like the dread guy, he's pretty great. I can do without Sarita and the older woman from that tribe for sure (that latter one is a really bad player). And the spa day beauty queen girls.

This is a great season. Nothing, however, is better than Jeff Probst's blogs. If you're not reading htem, you're missing out big time. www.jeffprobst.com.

Kitten007
03-25-2011, 04:19 AM
No, no, BAD that Matt keeps winning, he'll be trouble for Boston Rob later. We need Stephanie to win this so Rob can get her to (easily) flip on her tribe. I'm worried about Philip, too, cuz he's off, but he's going to flip on Rob, too. He can only be just so counted on. I am for Rob all the way. I also like the dread guy, he's pretty great. I can do without Sarita and the older woman from that tribe for sure (that latter one is a really bad player). And the spa day beauty queen girls.

This is a great season. Nothing, however, is better than Jeff Probst's blogs. If you're not reading htem, you're missing out big time. www.jeffprobst.com.

:yeahthat::yeahthat:

Couldn't agree with you more! I watched it online today and can't wait till next week! Looks like it's gonna get heated up for Boston Rob. I hope he wins. Everyone else seems so blah.

arivecchi
04-07-2011, 02:21 PM
Man oh man is Matt DUMB!

I'm gonna start calling Boston Rob the godfather!

Fairy
04-07-2011, 02:45 PM
Man oh man is Matt DUMB!

I'm gonna start calling Boston Rob the godfather!

I know! I was so like WHAT R U DOING?! I was pulling for the kid, he's so genuine and decent! But not good at this game, apparently.

mackmama
04-07-2011, 02:56 PM
Poor Matt... I love Rob!

KHF
04-07-2011, 03:29 PM
I would just like to let Matt know that God doesn't care who wins Survivor. That is all.

alien_host
04-07-2011, 03:59 PM
I love Rob more and more as each week passes...the fact that he gave them some BS word for a tribe name was classic. The fact that Ralph's idol was wasted was also great.

And Philip took 15 minutes to go on and on during the RI challenge was pretty funny too.

How many are typically on the jury? I hope Rob goes to the end but at least he has to be on the jury!

arivecchi
04-07-2011, 05:20 PM
I would just like to let Matt know that God doesn't care who wins Survivor. That is all.:hysterical:

Classic.

Fairy
04-08-2011, 02:04 AM
I would just like to let Matt know that God doesn't care who wins Survivor. That is all.

Nice....

billysmommy
04-08-2011, 12:51 PM
I loved David's comment as Jeff was snuffing Matt's torch out ~ "That was genius"

Gotta love Boston Rob!!! I was getting nervous that Grant was going to get voted off. If Boston Rob doesn't win, I'm really pulling for Grant

Kaylee31
04-08-2011, 01:16 PM
I just watched it last night, and I have to say this was my fav episode so far this season. I was actually in suspense wondering what would happen at tribal council. I like Matt, he is just too naive and sweet to be good at the game. I was kind of surprised Andrea didn't clue him in on what was really going on. I guess it was a smart move on her part; she is more shrewd than I thought her to be. I'm rooting for her to go far, I like her the most out of the females. Rob and Philip are both really funny and entertaining to watch, in their own ways. Philip is just so out there!

SnuggleBuggles
04-08-2011, 03:59 PM
I love Rob more and more as each week passes...the fact that he gave them some BS word for a tribe name was classic. The fact that Ralph's idol was wasted was also great.

And Philip took 15 minutes to go on and on during the RI challenge was pretty funny too.

How many are typically on the jury? I hope Rob goes to the end but at least he has to be on the jury!

I've always loved Rob. I even got sucked into the Rob and Amber reality TV show a few years back. :) But, he's hwy I am watching this season and he hasn't let me down/ I *love* the team name!!! Too funny!

Beth

Kitten007
04-08-2011, 05:03 PM
Yes saw the episode online last night and loved it! Poor Matt! I think all old members of the Zapatera tribe are going to be kicked off fairly quickly. I can see David jumping ship and teaming up with Rob and crew. Boy does Rob have his gang wrapped around his finger. The two people I am voting for to win this game is Boston Rob and Andrea. Phillip, got love him. He needs to stay around for his wise wisdom and knowledge of the Bushido code. :hysterical:

alien_host
04-14-2011, 11:55 AM
I won't give too much away but I do have to say this, I totally don't get how some of the Zapaterra tribe is upset/feels bad that Matt got sent to RI last week. I mean if he didn't go then one of them would have gone last week.

Good show last night!

elbenn
04-14-2011, 12:09 PM
I won't give too much away but I do have to say this, I totally don't get how some of the Zapaterra tribe is upset/feels bad that Matt got sent to RI last week. I mean if he didn't go then one of them would have gone last week.

Good show last night!

I totally understand your point but I think they expected for one of Zapatera to be voted off, and they think that it was so cold-hearted for Rob to earn Matt's trust and then send him right back. I think they feel bad for Matt because Matt is a nice kid who put his trust in Rob over them and Rob screwed him. If Matt would have trusted them, he would have been safe (if Andrea would have voted with Matt) and of course Zapatera would have been in a much better position. Of course, this is a game and Rob played it brilliantly and I think Matt showed that he saw the error of his ways. I like Rob, but I would love it if Matt would end up back in the game again. That would make it really interesting!

scriptkitten
04-14-2011, 12:24 PM
Zapatera is just mad that their plan to oust grant didn't work and they lost their immunity idol. They don't really care about matt

Kitten007
04-14-2011, 01:56 PM
The saddest part about Zapatera is that Ralph is the only one "trying" to get in with Ometepe. Seems like everyone else that is left from Zapatera is just waiting their turn to get kicked off. You think they would try a lot harder. Still can't wait till next week to see what challenge the boys on Redemption Island have to do. I think poor Matt's luck is running out.

Fairy
04-17-2011, 02:39 AM
I totally understand your point but I think they expected for one of Zapatera to be voted off, and they think that it was so cold-hearted for Rob to earn Matt's trust and then send him right back. I think they feel bad for Matt because Matt is a nice kid who put his trust in Rob over them and Rob screwed him. If Matt would have trusted them, he would have been safe (if Andrea would have voted with Matt) and of course Zapatera would have been in a much better position. Of course, this is a game and Rob played it brilliantly and I think Matt showed that he saw the error of his ways. I like Rob, but I would love it if Matt would end up back in the game again. That would make it really interesting!

Shush! No!

Zapatera is just mad that their plan to oust grant didn't work and they lost their immunity idol. They don't really care about matt

Totally agree. They're just sour grapes. Any "poor Matt" talk is jealousy.

The saddest part about Zapatera is that Ralph is the only one "trying" to get in with Ometepe. Seems like everyone else that is left from Zapatera is just waiting their turn to get kicked off. You think they would try a lot harder. Still can't wait till next week to see what challenge the boys on Redemption Island have to do. I think poor Matt's luck is running out.

Yes, I agree here, also, Zapatera has just plain old given up. They're tired and hungry and really given up. Only the man sweater is really trying. He's not saavy or even bright in this game, really. But he's honestly trying. I did think the one guy whose name I forget, the older one, was smart. He didn't try for the challenge and ate instead cuz he just knew he wasn't going to win, and so he went for the sustenance. First order of business, stay alive. That means eat.

The thing that has me running a little scared is the qualfiication of Omatepe as a cult that Rob is the head of. I don't like that. I get what they're saying (which is mostly more sour grapes), but what i see it as is a master playing the game. And he is GOOD. I mean really really good. and they do follow him without much question. Of course, that's his edit. That's what they want to show us. But they do seem to be following him. But that they put "cult" out there might make some of them think, and that scares me.

I'm so rooting for Rob I cannot tell you.

Phillip is OUT THERE. I can't wait till the reunion show to see if he's all an act or if this is really him. I mean, if this is him then there's no doubt in my mind that he's on the spectrum. Some kind of high functinoing Aspergers. I'm serious.

I think Zapatera's best offense is to get voted off and take their chances at Redemption Island. Cuz they're done. There's no question that they're done. I think MIke is the lucky one and will be back. And I think he's probably the only one they respect, too. By the time he's back, who knows where this may have gone. Will be interesting to say the least.

Kitten007
04-17-2011, 02:46 AM
Only the man sweater is really trying.

:hysterical: Love it!

Phillip is OUT THERE. I can't wait till the reunion show to see if he's all an act or if this is really him. I mean, if this is him then there's no doubt in my mind that he's on the spectrum. Some kind of high functinoing Aspergers. I'm serious.

Oooooo...never thought about the reunion show. I wonder????

I think Zapatera's best offense is to get voted off and take their chances at Redemption Island. Cuz they're done. There's no question that they're done. I think MIke is the lucky one and will be back. And I think he's probably the only one they respect, too. By the time he's back, who knows where this may have gone. Will be interesting to say the least.

I totally agree! DH thinks Mike will win too. Still can't wait till next week.

SnuggleBuggles
04-17-2011, 09:45 AM
I agree, Fairy, the cult impression might really start to be an issue for Rob. It looks like they are setting it up that way. He comes across truly masterful though, that's for sure!

Beth

alien_host
05-12-2011, 07:22 PM
I can't believe the finale is Sunday!

Go Rob! He continues to amaze me and crack me up...he has some funny comments. I really wonder which RI player will make it back in - do you think that is an automatic ticket to the finals?

mackmama
05-12-2011, 08:11 PM
Yeh I can't believe the finale is so soon either with so many players left - incl the redemption island folks. I'll be sad to see it end. Go Rob! I also really like Grant.

Fairy
05-13-2011, 11:09 PM
I cannot WAIT. My theory is that the 3rd person in teh finals will be the survivor on Redemption Island. Andi think it's gonna be Matt. I'm not sure what's best, but It hink Grant has to be om the jury, as his vote will go right to Rob. If it's Matt, he might garner serious support from all the eviscerated tribe, who are bitter beyond belief. But David might be smart enough to say, ya know, this guy is so brilliant,I have to give him my vote (Rob).

I think Rob is in the final three no matter what cuz he has the idol. However, I think for the first time Rob made the wrong choice voting off Grant before splitting up the girls. I didn't want Natalie voted off any more than he did, but you HAD to break up she and Ashley for all the reasons Rob had said was a problem. I fear that she'll go with Ashley. But ... it's posible that Natalie will see that Rob kept her and trust in him all the way. Ashley cannot win immunity or Rob is in trouble. I also think it's time to get rid of Philip's ass.

SnuggleBuggles
05-14-2011, 08:56 AM
I cannot WAIT. My theory is that the 3rd person in teh finals will be the survivor on Redemption Island. Andi think it's gonna be Matt. I'm not sure what's best, but It hink Grant has to be om the jury, as his vote will go right to Rob. If it's Matt, he might garner serious support from all the eviscerated tribe, who are bitter beyond belief. But David might be smart enough to say, ya know, this guy is so brilliant,I have to give him my vote (Rob).

I think Rob is in the final three no matter what cuz he has the idol. However, I think for the first time Rob made the wrong choice voting off Grant before splitting up the girls. I didn't want Natalie voted off any more than he did, but you HAD to break up she and Ashley for all the reasons Rob had said was a problem. I fear that she'll go with Ashley. But ... it's posible that Natalie will see that Rob kept her and trust in him all the way. Ashley cannot win immunity or Rob is in trouble. I also think it's time to get rid of Philip's ass.

Totally agree with the bolded but I admit I am worried that Rob has lost some power in this game. Grant was a loyal alliance. Natalie is divided. I have no idea why he kept Natalie. I guess because she isn't a threat in challenges though and Rob has a better chance at getting the immunity idol next time. I was really holding my breath and hoping Andrea wouldn't get immunity. Rob would still be the king- which is how I like it.

The RI players have me all confused and I do think one of them could win.
Beth

randomkid
05-14-2011, 09:30 AM
Totally agree with the bolded but I admit I am worried that Rob has lost some power in this game. Grant was a loyal alliance. Natalie is divided. I have no idea why he kept Natalie. I guess because she isn't a threat in challenges though and Rob has a better chance at getting the immunity idol next time. I was really holding my breath and hoping Andrea wouldn't get immunity. Rob would still be the king- which is how I like it.

I think Rob made a big mistake voting off Grant. This is the first time he went with his heart and not his head. He said that he thinks Natalie is sweet and naive and that he really likes her. I think he kept her because he kind of feels like her protector. Bad move! He let his feelings get in the way. If Natalie goes to the end with him, she might just win because she is the cute little young girl who didn't piss off anyone.

And, I just have to say this. Does anyone else think the relationship between Natalie and Ashley is just a little much? I mean, I have had close girlfriends before, but even at 19, I cannot imagine plucking hairs from or smelling another girls armpit! Just sayin'.

SnuggleBuggles
05-14-2011, 09:48 AM
I think Rob made a big mistake voting off Grant. This is the first time he went with his heart and not his head. He said that he thinks Natalie is sweet and naive and that he really likes her. I think he kept her because he kind of feels like her protector. Bad move! He let his feelings get in the way. If Natalie goes to the end with him, she might just win because she is the cute little young girl who didn't piss off anyone.

And, I just have to say this. Does anyone else think the relationship between Natalie and Ashley is just a little much? I mean, I have had close girlfriends before, but even at 19, I cannot imagine plucking hairs from or smelling another girls armpit! Just sayin'.

I think if you were stuck with people 24/7 for 35 days you might get a bit loopy. Anything to break up the tedious boredom. :)

Beth

scriptkitten
05-14-2011, 10:36 AM
Voting out grant was the best strategy.

Why?
He's not going to be a bitter jury member
He has the best chance of beating mike & matt in RI
Grant could win at f3. He hasn't made enemies.

geochick
05-14-2011, 02:10 PM
He's not going to be a bitter jury member

He might be now!

scriptkitten
05-14-2011, 02:15 PM
Isn't he a yoga teacher? ;) I think he is most likely to be able to transcend bitterness

geochick
05-14-2011, 02:18 PM
Yeah, all he'll need to do is a little downward dog, and he'll be back on Team Rob. lol

alien_host
05-16-2011, 04:03 PM
Anyone want to discuss the final episode? I hesitate to post too much since I don't want to spoil it for anyone.

I was on pins and needles all last night though!

Jo..
05-16-2011, 04:07 PM
Not me. The winner was a gimmee, and like Jeff said, that person played a close to perfect game

arivecchi
05-16-2011, 04:13 PM
Great finale!

I am in awe of his Survivor skills. I mean, the man figured out a way to have two completely unacceptable options sitting next to him!

Touche.

I appreciated David's cute little speech to the jury. I also loved how Phil basically told the jurors off! LOL!

Sheena the warrior princess was pi$$ed! :ROTFLMAO:

And Amanda is such a pouty face. Poor baby. Wahhhhhhhhh!

Kaylee31
05-16-2011, 05:05 PM
Great finale!

I am in awe of his Survivor skills. I mean, the man figured out a way to have two completely unacceptable options sitting next to him!

Touche.

I appreciated David's cute little speech to the jury. I also loved how Phil basically told the jurors off! LOL!

Sheena the warrior princess was pi$$ed! :ROTFLMAO:

And Amanda is such a pouty face. Poor baby. Wahhhhhhhhh!

Who's Amanda? Do you mean Andrea?
I didn't watch it last night (planned to watch it On Demand to skip the commercials) but the winner was spoiled for me when I opened my yahoo page. :p No big shocker though.

arivecchi
05-16-2011, 05:26 PM
Yeah Andrea, sorry. Lame blonde girl. :tongue5: Her expressions during last tribal were hilarious.

alien_host
05-16-2011, 05:33 PM
The winner did play a nearly perfect game, I was still nervous for some reason that some people would turn on him. Until they had the final TC, I was nervous...once Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum started speaking I was more confident who was going to win.

I do have to say that I thought Steve was an a$$ to Phillip. I actually think Phillip is probably a really good person at heart and was a wacko for effect. I think Steve's comments were uncalled for (am I remembering this right - didn't he go off on Phillip - calling him a sad man or something?). Phillip did for some reason apologize to Steve but I don't like Steve at all and Russell was right that it was pathetic for a former NFL player to suggest throwing a challenge.

And I have to know....what shoes was Grant wearing throughout Survivor - were they espadrilles? They did not look like good "survivor" shoes.

rlu
05-16-2011, 06:24 PM
Phillip did for some reason apologize to Steve but I don't like Steve at all and Russell was right that it was pathetic for a former NFL player to suggest throwing a challenge.

My interpretation was that Phillip was apologizing for accusing Steve of being a racist. From what we saw I thought it was an unfair accusation and was glad to see Phillip acknowledge that.

SPOILER******************************************* ******************

As for the rest, I didn't realize the girls knew Rob had the idol but that explained a lot.

Beth24
05-17-2011, 12:44 AM
I thought the way they edited the show was very misleading. They made it seem as if no one knew Rob had the idol.

Tanya
05-17-2011, 02:31 PM
I didn't know the girls knew about the idol either and that certainly explained a lot.

I think Philip blew it. He could have had more votes if he'd done a better speech at the end and said his whole strategy was to annoy enough people that they'd want to be sitting next to them at the end like Rob did. Of course, you have to have someone "smart" enough to realize that and not just be so annoyed that they just want to get rid of him.