PDA

View Full Version : DH, grow up.

gobadgers
02-16-2011, 07:52 PM
DS has been sick and took a monster nap this afternoon. He woke up at around the time DH usually gets home. When I went upstairs to get him, DD was happily looking at a book. When I get back downstairs, DH is home and DD is sitting in front of the TV, watching The Simpsons. Really?

Then I walk into the kitchen to find him about to post to Facebook a picture of DD in front of the TV (and you can tell it's the Simpsons thats on). Excuse me, but I worked my butt off today (and every day) to be sure DD had wonderful, fun, happy, wholesome day. And DH wants to broadcast to all our friends and family one snippet of this day - DD like a zombie in front of the tube, watching a wildly inappropriate show. I admit it, I exploded. I was pissed. At which point my DH says nonchalantly, "Well, as you know, I'm secure in my parenting." :angry-smiley-005:

This is ridiculous. I do not like what he is implying about my confidence in my (or our) parenting skills, or when he is totally insensitive to the work I do every day. I do not like it when he posts stupid stuff on Facebook, especially when its about our kids. But I really don't like it when he does not act like the good father that I know is.

If you've gotten to this point, can you send me a big glass of wine? (maybe whine would be better given this post, but it's good to get it off my chest...)

Melaine
02-16-2011, 08:05 PM
You deserve a big glass. That would infuriate me. Completely. I'm mad for you. I hope he realizes why it bugs you, but it sounds like something that a guy just might never "get". I'm sure others here will, though, so plenty of sympathy from us.

Melanie
02-16-2011, 08:08 PM
I'd be infuriated for sure. Just make sure the caption under the photo reads that it's on HIS watch!

SkyrMommy
02-16-2011, 08:27 PM
I would be irritated as well... and then I'd go comment on his post something to the effect of "This is what happens when Dad is in charge!"

:hug:

hillview
02-16-2011, 08:34 PM
Yikes that would bug me. Sounds like this is a bunch of issues -- is DH appreciating what you do? It sounds like maybe he is not and that is why it is especially upsetting (I've BTDT and it sounds like me BUT I may be way off base!). I might wait to calm down some and then discuss any other issues you may have on your mind.

HUGS and sending you a big glass of something you like!
/hillary

MamaMolly
02-16-2011, 10:18 PM
This struck a huge nerve. :54: care to share?

mctlaw
02-16-2011, 10:48 PM
I totally get your bitch. Big :thumbsdown: to your DH!

ha98ed14
02-16-2011, 11:57 PM
He was an @$$ to do that!!! I think you should take a picture of him in his cubical at work looking at the Victoria's Secret website and post *that* on fb.

gobadgers
02-17-2011, 12:54 AM
Thanks ladies. I needed that!

Why do grown-ups do such juvenile things?

To his credit, he canceled the upload to Facebook when he saw my reaction. So, he lost about a million points by pulling this stunt, but did earn 1 or 2 back there.