PDA

View Full Version : reallygreattoys.com

MamaSnoo
02-16-2011, 09:53 PM
I ordered some stuff for DD for her birthday and gift closet from this site, and I have ordered from them once in the past. The shipping was quick and free (over $75). The prices are not super bargains, but are competitive. They also giftwrap for free!!! :jammin: I hate that chore, so this was huge to me.

I think they are associated with a toy store in Detroit (The Doll Hospital)? Any Detroit area BBBs with experiences to share?

swissair81
02-28-2011, 06:16 PM
The store is in Berkley, MI and it is called The Doll Hospital and Toy Soldier Shop. The store has an amazing selection, and it is also a teaching supply store. They don't have the BEST prices anywhere, but they have better prices than our other specialty toy store (Adventures in Toys). The best part about it is that it is right around the corner, which is obviously not the case if you are ordering from their website. Their customer service is amazing. I have bought tons of birthday and Hanukkah presents there and my swingset as well.

elliput
02-28-2011, 06:23 PM
I shopped there frequently when I lived in the metro Detroit area. Loved that it is a family owned business, and that they really care about their customers.

swissair81
02-28-2011, 06:28 PM
I actually went to nursing school with a member of the family that owns the business. It makes me feel like I'm supporting local people that I really know.

MamaSnoo
02-28-2011, 09:45 PM
Good to know they are good people. DH lived in Detroit for many years before we met, so it feels local for him.

You are right that the prices are not rock bottom, but the CS has been fantastic. Sometimes, I would pay a little more to not worry about things. Plus, they have good sales on Schleich sometimes, and DD is obsessed.