PDA

View Full Version : Chicco Keyfit in a BOB duallie???

cookiemonster80
02-16-2011, 10:31 PM
Hi everyone-
I, like lots of Mom's on here am looking for a dual AT stroller that I can put an infant seat in. I currently have a BOB Revolution (LOVE!) and would love to get the Duallie- however, on the BOB site it says that the only car seat that will work with this is the Graco Snugride. We have the Chicco Keyfit that I love and don't want to change.

My question is- is there a way to finagle the Keyfit/carseat adapter and make it work with the Duallie? When we bought our BOB single (2008 or 2009 model) the Keyfit was not advised to use with the car seat adapter (I even called BOB and asked and they didn't advise it) but we made it work and it fits perfectly fine, if not a big snug. Has anyone tried this with the Duallie?

If it doesn't work I know I need to start really researching my other options, but I really, really, REALLY just want to get another BOB because I just can't imagine a better stroller out there. And I don't particularly want to buy another infant seat just to make the stroller work- seems so backwards to me.

Thanks everybody!

♥ms.pacman♥
02-16-2011, 10:34 PM
i don't have a bob duallie but i just came back from looking at the BOBs at BuyBuyBaby (both the old and new ones) and the salesperson was telling me that the new BOBs (2011s) have adapters for Chicco carseats. he also said that the way the carseat adapter snaps into the frame is supposedly easier than it is on the 2010s.

cookiemonster80
02-17-2011, 08:33 AM
Yeah- I saw that on the website for the singles, but the duallie's only have the Snugride listed. I think BOB finally realized that lots of people were making the Keyfit work with the adapter that wasn't technically made for it so they decided to capitalize on the opportunity!

roseyloxs
02-17-2011, 10:38 AM
My neighbor uses the duallie with the chicco. I personally feel it doesn't look right to me. The angle seems off. I think she eventually stuffed the seat to keep the front of the car seat higher, correcting the angle. Unless they come out with a specific adapter I would say don't do it.

poohbear
02-17-2011, 11:58 AM
I have seen it done on the single using the belt to hold the seat in. Kind of like the snap n go. I think that's the way it was done before. Like a seatbelt install...
I don't know if the duallie is the same...