PDA

View Full Version : DS makes SUCH a mess!

boltfam
02-16-2011, 10:45 PM
DS is 3 and very rarely actually plays with his toys. His "playing with toys" involves lining up his truck or piling mass amounts of toys in one place. Even if I suggest, "Let's play with your trains...", he's not really interested. He would prefer to just move toys from location to location. He has stopped taking naps but he has rest time. During that time, he is allowed to look at books or do puzzles. Today, I walk into his bedroom, and he literally has like 30 books piled onto his bed!

So, I just wonder if this is normal behavior of a 3 year old or if I should be concerned.

On a side note:I'm reading the book "Simplicity Parenting" and am wondering if he just has too many toys that he is overwhelmed by them all.

wimama
02-16-2011, 11:23 PM
Simplicity Parenting is a great book.

That said my DS did the same thing at that age. He still likes to take tons of toys out at once. At three year old, my DS was very much into containerizing. He was a little hobo, constantly moving his toys and treasured possessions from one part of the house to another in his containers. By age 4 he was making machines and other creations out of couch cushions. I hate messes, but I would hate to stifle his creativity.