PDA

View Full Version : good iTouch apps for 1yo?

♥ms.pacman♥
02-16-2011, 11:52 PM
any suggestions? i have an iPod Touch and am just looking for something to keep DS (13mo) entertained for a few minutes here and there in certain situations (e.g. when we're waiting a table at a busy restaurant or waiting at a doctor's office).

free apps would be nice, but i'd pay a few bucks for a good one (i got an iTunes GC for xmas that i'm itching to use). i did a search on iTunes and found some things, but am wary of some of the free apps. for example, on some free apps for kids, reviewers mention that the app stops working after a few months and requires you to pay a monthly subscription to continue using it (so sneaky!). i want to avoid something like that.

i should add that right now i don't have an iPhone or other smartphone (just an iTouch that uses WiFi), otherwise i'd just play videos from YouTube of Baby Einstein or something like that. most restaurants and places like doctor's offices, etc don't have WiFi so that's why i'm looking for apps i can download.

kellij
02-16-2011, 11:55 PM
Rattle CE is free and it's a Christmas one, but it's great. My almost 11 month old really likes it. We just typed in baby rattle and it came up.

ellies mom
02-17-2011, 12:15 AM
Hatch! Plus. Basically, there is an egg. And as you tap it, cracks appear until the egg breaks and some animal pops out. My youngest daughter loves it. I think it cost $1 for the ad-free version. With the free version, the ads are just as easy for the baby to push as the "new egg" button so it is really easy to get kicked out of the game. I've found it well worth whatever I spent to upgrade it. We've had it for ages and she still plays with it.

Neatfreak
02-17-2011, 12:31 AM
The Peekaboo Barn/Forest/Wild apps were popular with my toddler at that age. She also liked Phoney Phone and Wheels on the Bus.

She learned how to navigate my iTouch shockingly quick!

wellyes
02-17-2011, 07:52 AM
Seconding Hatch and Peekaboo Barn -- DD's favorites for a long time.