PDA

View Full Version : Goodwill Finds

ha98ed14
02-17-2011, 12:14 AM
1 pair black leather maryjane's from target NWT $5

1 pair pink suede maryjanes with the flower appliqués from target NWT $5

Size 100 red plaid HA Christmas dress with black velvet trim $4

(and found new at target, a pair of the Lelli Kelly knockoffs, $5)

Feelin' pretty good about being a cheapskate!

VClute
02-17-2011, 07:14 AM
Here in my town, Target takes all the stuff they didn't sell to Goodwill. I LOVE shopping thrift and consignment! It's a treasure hunt! Congrats on your haul!

Nyfeara
02-17-2011, 07:35 AM
The GoodWill near my mom (NJ) has the same arrangement that the other poster mentioned. My mom has picked up (all new in the box): train table for $40, Alex art table for $40, and a baby gate for $15 (retailed for about $50). She has good luck at her local store. The train and art tables were at 50% or more off their usual retail price.

MoJo
02-17-2011, 09:26 AM
I :heartbeat: Goodwill and thrift store shopping.

However, I want to warn you that I've been burned SEVERAL times by those Target clearance and other supposedly new items. A percolator with coffee stains. . . . a drawer closet organizer type thing with missing pieces. . . an inflatable pool with a hole in it . . . a laminator with a cracked cover. If it was just one time, I'd say it happens. But I think I've had a problem with every item I've purchased that way.

*I* won't be buying any Target clearance I find at Goodwill unless I can check it VERY carefully from now on.

Mikey0709
02-17-2011, 10:26 AM
Our goodwill's in Pennsylvania are the same - i LOVE buying the Target stuff.... I have actually found a KEURIG and a hand-held DYSON! My brother got the best deal ever - a Canon SLR! I think it retailed for around $900+ on target's website, it was the latest version... goodwill had it for $299. BRAND NEW!

...and FYI - our Goodwill takes returns if ANYTHING doesn't work!!!!! You only have 7 days - but a GREAT policy if you buy the Target stuff.... they know some of it was returned to target for a reason, other stuff they get after Target's last markdown so it's perfect condition.

One bummer though - i have seen stuff marked down at Target, only to see it at Goodwill the following week marked HIGHER at Goodwill!

boilermakermom
02-17-2011, 10:41 AM
My FIL found a brand new Kate spade purse. I was equally shocked that he knew who Kate spade was, and that I LOVE her. Ha!

ha98ed14
02-17-2011, 03:33 PM
Here in my town, Target takes all the stuff they didn't sell to Goodwill. I LOVE shopping thrift and consignment! It's a treasure hunt! Congrats on your haul!

Out target has the same arrangement. I find all kinds of things! At Christmas, I found the Disney Princess (Barbie-type) doll collection for $20. It's $50 in the store. I'm going to be keeping my eye out for a camera!!! But most of the target stuff I get at goodwill is kid-related (not electronics), so that is pretty easy to tell the condition.

I too have seen stuff priced higher at GW than at the clearance at Target. I won't buy those items, but is always seems to be junky stuff anyway.

MamaMolly
02-17-2011, 03:49 PM
Yay momma! I love thrifting deals, esp on anme brand stuff like Hannah. Our very first Hannah was a 99 cent zipper from the Salvation Army. Of course, that was many years, many zippers and many $$$$ ago LOL!

AnnieW625
02-17-2011, 04:05 PM
can you PM me the location of the Goodwill you go to? I have traditionally not had good luck at Thirft stores.