PDA

View Full Version : Talk to me about MiraLax

BabbyO
02-17-2011, 01:48 PM
My doc prescribed Zofran because of the intense nausea. It has been helping, but as mentioned previously...can lead to constipation. The doctor's nurse recommended MiraLax when the script was first given to me...but I just started taking the MiraLax.

Of course I meant to ask the doc this at my appt yesterday, but forgot and today is his day off. Anyway, the directions on MiraLax say to only take for 7 days. Did you take it longer? Any cautions from your doc about how often to take it.

I've been taking it 1x/day for about 6 days. Wondering if I need to stop for a couple days, then resume?

Any BTDT advice? TIA!

twowhat?
02-17-2011, 01:52 PM
No BTDT but DD2 has been on it for more than a year, with no concerns from her ped.

I think the reason they say 7 days is because they want you to check in with your doc to figure out the root cause of the constipation. So - call your doc and juat have him/her OK taking it for longer.

BabbyO
02-17-2011, 02:09 PM
That's kinda what I thought, too. I planned on asking the dr yesterday, then forgot and he's out today.

I think we know the root cause here...;)

s7714
02-17-2011, 06:09 PM
I've never taken it, but both my DDs have been on it for extended periods of time without any side effects.

My MIL has IBS and was told she could take it a couple times a day if she really needed too.