PDA

View Full Version : Do I need another double?

triple_j
02-17-2011, 02:14 PM
Ugh! I thought I was done stroller shopping after DS. When he was born 2 years ago I did EXTENSIVE research and settled on a Vista with the expectation that we would add the rumble seat when we had another child. We use the Vista in the neighborhood (rough sidewalks, brick lined streets) and absolutely love it.

BUT, needed a car stroller that was a bit more manageable. Also after research we got a Peg Si. (Would recline for the next newborn, good canopy, etc.) Again, absolutely love it.

Well, nature had other plans and when we got pregnant with #2, we got #3 as well! So I now have 7 week old twins and a 2 year old. I did an impulse purchase a few months ago and got an EasyWalker Duo to replace the Vista for outside. Haven't used it yet but I think it will work fine for the neighborhood. But it's way too big for car use.

My question is -- do I really need a second double for the car? I was looking at the Combi Twin Sport EX http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3955997#showReviews-- good deal right now with BRU trade in. Does anyone have this stroller or know anyone who does? Did they like it?

OR I can get the rumble seat for the Vista? OR just use the Peg Si and sling the second baby? (But this forces DS to walk.) Ugh! And I'm not even sure how often I'll be going out with them all anyhow. (Might be easier to leave them home with DH and run errands on my own.) Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!!

legaleagle
02-17-2011, 02:48 PM
I personally would get a car double, esp if you have all 3 by yourself frequently. My older DS was 21 months when DS2 was born and I found a double essential to keeping everything contained for outings.

The uppa rumble seat is only for 6+ months, I believe. You could put a baby in the main seat, 2 year old in the rumble and sling the baby but that will actually take up more space in a store than just getting a smaller SBS double like the BJCMD or the valco latitude twin (which is only slightly bigger than a vista which I also have).

I don't know anythign about the combi but I know combis in general aren't terribly popular here.

scriptkitten
02-17-2011, 04:04 PM
i think a BJCMD or Valco Latitude would be a good fit for you for the car. Can you fit a board on either of those? I think its good to have a spot for everyone.

roseyloxs
02-17-2011, 04:32 PM
Found a review for the valco ion from a mother with twins..
http://sotorrifictwins.blogspot.com/2009/09/review-valco-ion-4-two-stroller.html

I don't think a 2 year old can ride very well on boards so I think you will be wearing one baby until she turns 2.5 or 3. Valco has the hitchhiker as compatible with the lattitude but not the ion. The HH might fit the easywalker as well. Also I am pretty sure Uppa Baby makes a piggyback board for the vista.