PDA

View Full Version : Uploading to Costco Photo from Mac

StantonHyde
02-17-2011, 02:43 PM
DH stores the pix on his computer which is a Mac. I cannot, for the life of me figure out how to use the Costco photo uploader with the Mac. On my PC, the uploader asks what I want to upload and I am able to go to my documents, then my pix, then the album/folder I want. On the Mac, I can get to iphoto library but then it just has all the pix by year--it doesn't show the album I just saved the pix in. What am I missing? TIA!!

TwinFoxes
02-17-2011, 02:46 PM
Are you sure you can use a Mac? Last time I tried, which was a couple of Christmases ago the uploader wasn't Mac compatible.

BeachBum
02-17-2011, 03:15 PM
In my experience it is easier to just export the photos you want to upload to your desktop, then upload from there. That extra step is a pain, but I think they really want to keep you from messing up your iphoto library.

FWIW-after I go into iphoto, I choose the year, then I have to choose originals or modified. it is so annoying because I have to remember if I edited the picture...but then they are organized by date. that is why I chose to just pick the ones i want then export to the desktop.
if you find a better way, I'm all ears.

TwinFoxes
02-17-2011, 03:17 PM
In my experience it is easier to just export the photos you want to upload to your desktop, then upload from there. That extra step is a pain, but I think they really want to keep you from messing up your iphoto library.

FWIW-after I go into iphoto, I choose the year, then I have to choose originals or modified. it is so annoying because I have to remember if I edited the picture...but then they are organized by date. that is why I chose to just pick the ones i want then export to the desktop.

So you can use a Mac now? That's really good to know. I might consider signing up for Costco again if I can get cheap photo cards.

MommyAllison
02-17-2011, 04:46 PM
I use Costco photo uploader from my Mac. It is frustrating trying to find things in iPhoto through the uploader software - mine is organized by albums based on when I upload into iPhoto. (So, when I upload a batch, that is Album 1. Next time I upload, that is Album 2. I hate it and would much rather they organized by date, as it is when I open iPhoto.) My iPhoto is an older version though, so I'm not sure if that has been changed in current versions...

larig
02-17-2011, 05:43 PM

:yeahthat:
This is how I do it too. I just select all I want printed (command-click), export them from iphoto to a folder on my desktop. Then I upload from my browser by navigating to the folder on the desktop and selecting the ones to print.