PDA

View Full Version : Checking out strollers this weekend!!

Kennie
02-17-2011, 10:42 PM
So I am finally going to lay my hands on some delicious strollerness this weekend. :yay: We are going on a trip to visit family and I told DH to be prepared as we were going to do a lot of baby shopping.

So, what strollers do people recommend that I look at? I am def. checking out MB Swift/Urban, the Indie and compare them to the Valco Tri Mode (which I can get locally). Any other AT-I am looking for one with a lay flat option for newborns or it would need to accomodate my Britax Chaperone carseat-which I think rules out BOB...

I am also going to take a look at Cybex vs Maclaren for a travel stroller. Although with travelling with a baby at 2 months old, I really may just opt to wear DC. So many decisions!! So many fun things to look at.

I just want to make sure I don't miss anything, so that I can get a good idea of what I am looking for and then see if I can find some great deals online for what I decide on (I'm sure you all can help me with that!!).

Anyway, I am just really excited..I'm not sure it's healthy!!;)

Annyeb
02-18-2011, 12:04 AM
Have fun! I went to an upscale shop today and saw plenty. Was drooling over the Vista. Had no interest in that stroller until I saw it, but I have no need or $$$ for it. It just looked pretty! I thought the Swift looked pretty awesome too.

roseyloxs
02-18-2011, 01:34 AM
Those are the favorites here but since you are looking you can check out...

Bugaboo Frog (maybe you can find one on closeout)
Baby Jogger City Elite
Easywalker sky or qtro

Kennie
02-20-2011, 01:24 AM
I went and checked out a few stores today and I was kinda underwhelmed. Lots of pegs, some new maclarens.. No swift, there was an mbus though I was hoping to be able to figure out if I would want a swift but they said mb doesn't sell well here so they are pulling them!!

Question: what is the real life difference between never flat tires like bjce and air tires?

berlinsoul
02-20-2011, 02:16 PM
Question: what is the real life difference between never flat tires like bjce and air tires?

Funny, just popped the very same question in an extra thread.
Did you like the BJ?
MBs are hard to find in shops nearby here, too...

Kennie
02-22-2011, 10:40 AM
The BJCE was alright, but I think I preferred the Valco over it. The saleswoman didn't really seem to think that there was much difference between the forever tires and the air tires. I found this in the BJ FAQ sections:

Forever-Air tire is a rubber tire inflated with a lightweight foam instead of air. This ensures the tire will not go flat with frequent use or rough terrain. The City Elite and City Select both feature Forever-Air tires.

A pneumatic tire is an inflatable rubber tire that provides a comfortable, smooth ride on many different terrains. The Summit, F.I.T. and Performance joggers have pneumatic tires, which add to their all-terrain capabilities.

The MB thing was really frustrating because I checked the website and went to almost all of the stores that were listed on the site (except one), and only one store carried them but were discontinuing them (at that location). The ones they had were old models too, not even 2010.

Annyeb, I also really liked the Vista but I don't think I can justify spending 800 on one stroller. I really wanted to see a Valco Quad, but I didn't see one of those either. It was kind of disappointing because I thought that Calgary would have a much better selection than what I can find here, and it didn't really seem like it was that way. I'm supposed to go to Edmonton next month..maybe I will have better luck there.