PDA

View Full Version : Communion Party Favor Ideas

mopat11
02-18-2011, 01:03 PM
Does anyone have a unique idea for communion party favors? We are looking for something useful, tasteful, and hopefully, reasonably priced. The favors do not necessarily have to be of a religious nature. We have already thought of personalized music cds and yankee votive candles. Thanks in advance for any and all input!

mopat11
02-23-2011, 12:04 PM
Bump...

g-mama
02-23-2011, 12:34 PM
I have been to many First Communion celebrations and have hosted one myself. Honestly, I've never seen a favor given out. Maybe that is why you're not getting much in the way of a response.

The one thing I can think of that might work for you, though, if you really want to do a favor, is to make chocolate lollipops using a candy mold with a cross on it or something like that. I'm thinking of this because when I took my ds to the cake supply store to get stuff to make his cake with, I noticed they had candy molds there and thought they were cute. You could use white chocolate and then wrap them with a cellophane bag with a pretty ribbon to tie it closed.

mopat11
02-23-2011, 01:08 PM
I certainly don't have to "do" a favor, but it's fairly common practice among our family/friends to give out one. Thanks for the suggestion!

hellokitty
02-23-2011, 02:05 PM
I've never heard of favors for communion before. However, it might be fun to do something like give a little pk of seeds, so ppl can grow something in the spring time.

katydid1971
02-23-2011, 02:10 PM
How about having some nice cookies made up in a cross or flowers and put into cello bags?
These are kinds cute http://www.marthastewart.com/photogallery/handmade-party-favors?lpgStart=1&currentslide=31&currentChapter=1