PDA

View Full Version : Hard water dishwasher magic!

ha98ed14
02-18-2011, 02:18 PM
I just wanted to let anyone with hard water know about a new product I discovered called "LemiShine". It's a powdered dishwasher detergent that you can also use as a dishwasher cleaner. It's done miracles for my glasses! I got it at Target for a little under $4. Just a happy FYI!

elektra
02-18-2011, 02:34 PM
Cool thanks. We have really hard water.

roobee
02-18-2011, 02:40 PM
I agree 100% - we were out and I was in a panic because it's often not in stock at my Target

Plus - DS got under our kitchen sink and ate some :( when I called the hotline they said to just give him some milk. I guess the ingredient is just fruit acids. No trip to the Dr!

twowhat?
02-18-2011, 03:36 PM
OK so I got this to try based on another thread here. I put it in the detergent receptacle and ran a cycle on an empty dishwasher. Then I put in dishes that were already clean (but had that filmy build-up) in and ran another cycle.

The filmy buildup came out WORSE!!! Anyone have this happen? What am I doing wrong??

kristenk
02-18-2011, 04:05 PM
twowhat? - I think you're supposed to run the LemiShine with the dishes. That's odd that your glasses came out worse.

twowhat?
02-18-2011, 04:08 PM
twowhat? - I think you're supposed to run the LemiShine with the dishes. That's odd that your glasses came out worse.

The packaging says to run an empty load first to remove any build-up in the dishwasher. Yes, it's weird the dishes came out worse! So strange! I've been afraid to use it again!

candaceb
02-18-2011, 05:03 PM
I use it in every load. I have my own system - one Finish Quantum pack, and then I fill up the rest of the space in the dispenser with LemiShine. Once I had used LemiShine according to the directions for long enough to get rid of some of the buildup on the dishes and the machine, the smaller amount is enough for maintenance. I also use the Finish rinse agent, and definitely see a difference when I don't. Someday we'll get a water softener. Until then, I just hope this keeps working.

golightly1118
02-18-2011, 05:24 PM
I use Lemishine along with the Electrosol powertabs (the ones with the red ball) and my dishes come out clean every time. The only thing is, I always buy two Lemishines at a time, because my Target always seems to run out-my town has awful water!

MamaMolly
02-18-2011, 10:55 PM
Love, love, love LemiShine. We live overseas with crazy hard (beach!) water and our dishwasher was so crusted the lime or calcium was actually caked on. It was horrible. We couldn't use the machine because the dishes would end up filthy. We could write our names on the film, I'm not kidding. I found LemiShine and we did the build up remover, where you stop the machine mid-cycle and let it sit (we did overnight) and then use it every load. Love it.

okinawama
02-19-2011, 12:14 AM
Add me to the group who LOVES this stuff. I use Lemishine along with our cascade tablets and the dishes come out so much clearer. Initially when we moved here I couldn't figure out why my dishes were always SO cloudy. A friend mentioned this product to me and I never do a load of dishes without it!

niccig
02-19-2011, 12:57 AM
Another use for lemi shine. I have some with water in a spray bottle. I spray my glass shower doors with it, let it sit, then attack the water spots with a scrubbie. If they're really difficult to come off, I use a magic eraser.....pristine glass. Their website says to not let it drip on stone tiles or enamel tiles, probably because it's an acid. Washing off should be fine as it's very diluted when you rinse. Those of you were stone tiles might want to check in smaller area first.

If you go here and then click on the "alternate uses" tab, it gives suggestions for toilet bowel cleaning, coffee pot cleaning etc http://www.envirocontech.com/products/Learn-More-about-Lemi-Shine.html

elephantmeg
02-21-2011, 09:08 PM
us too! love the stuff! I add a little to each load

niccig
02-23-2011, 01:49 PM
Another use.
I have a very old fridge with a water dispenser. It has all this caked on white stuff on the plastic tray that you can take out and the dispenser part you push in with your glass - sorry not explaining it well. I'm pretty sure it's calcium deposits from our hard water, and I can't get it off by scrubbing. So I sprayed it all with diluted mix of the lemon rinse, put paper towels on it and sprayed that so it would keep it wet with the solution. A few hours later, I was easily able to get the white deposits off. It's never looked so clean.

Be careful what you use it on. It is an acid, though natural. I had the container on the tile countertops, and I spilled some when pouring into the spray bottle. I didn't realise and didn't wipe it up. It ate away a bit of the grout in some spots. I don't care, as it's an old counter top and will one day replace, but if it had been new tiles, I would have been annoyed.