PDA

View Full Version : Does Pez go bad?

Globetrotter
02-18-2011, 09:40 PM
Do you know if Pez will go bad after over a year?

MamaMolly
02-18-2011, 09:43 PM
I can't imagine it would go too bad. Or be dangerous. It's just sugar and flavor, right? It might taste stale but I think that would be the worst of it.

mommylamb
02-18-2011, 10:04 PM
I would guess that pez could survive nuclear holocaust.

elephantmeg
02-18-2011, 10:06 PM
no we have some much older than that!

katydid1971
02-18-2011, 10:13 PM
I would guess that pez could survive nuclear holocaust.
:yeahthat:

MamaMolly
02-18-2011, 10:16 PM
A very odd part of my brain is occupied with musing if the OP's question should be "DO pez go bad?"

Are Pez plural like deer?

I also want to know what is the correct plural for hippopotamus. Is it hippopotamusses or hippopotami? I've had to say the plural for hippotamus at least two times this week and I don't know which is correct.

Anyone?

Indianamom2
02-18-2011, 10:37 PM
A very odd part of my brain is occupied with musing if the OP's question should be "DO pez go bad?"

I also want to know what is the correct plural for hippopotamus. Is it hippopotamusses or hippopotami? I've had to say the plural for hippotamus at least two times this week and I don't know which is correct.

Anyone?

:popc1: I had the same thought! (well, not about the hippos!....but there, I think I solved your problem...just call them hippos and no one will care!:wink2:)

fortato
02-18-2011, 10:59 PM
Well....

We had a Pez Bride and Groom for our cake toppers at our wedding and every year, we ate one Pez out of the dispensers... but humidity took over and now we don't do it.

So- it doesn't go bad. But, in less than stellar conditions, it gets funky.

Now- I collect Pez dispensers, and I have no idea when I got some of them, and I've caught Jack eating a random package here and there... and he's still alive.

AshleyAnn
02-18-2011, 11:50 PM

Anyone?

National Geographic uses "Hippopotamuses" or hippos.

DrSally
02-19-2011, 12:02 AM
National Geographic uses "Hippopotamuses" or hippos.

AND.......The musical card I got DS for Xmas says:

I want a Hippopotamus for Xmas
Only a Hippopotamus will do
No Crocodiles or Rihnosoruses
I only want HIPPOPOTAMUSES
and HIPPOPOTAMUSES like me too!

ETA: I've kept Pez for a verrry long time. I can see how humidity would mess with them though.

Globetrotter
02-19-2011, 01:45 AM

:rotflmao:Yes, it should be do! That sounds like something I would think about. In my defense, I was in a hurry when I wrote it.

Thanks for answering my question!

Uno-Mom
02-19-2011, 01:54 AM
I'd ask: are pez ever good?? Not my favorite candy. :)

Globetrotter
02-19-2011, 02:03 AM
I used to love them as a kid, but now I think they are gross. The containers are kind of fun, though, in a cheesy way.

Uno-Mom
02-19-2011, 02:09 AM
I used to love them as a kid, but now I think they are gross. The containers are kind of fun, though, in a cheesy way.

True, the dispensers are great. That's what made me SO sad when I first tried the candy as a child. I had high expectations.

catsnkid
02-19-2011, 10:22 PM
The answer is no. I had some that I was using as giveaways fillers for my babyshower. Some didn't get used, I put it away and forgot about it until last month. About 2 years went by, it was at room temp and it was fine. I survived.

boolady
02-19-2011, 11:47 PM
I'd ask: are pez ever good??

Ha! This is exactly what I thought when I read the title of the thread. I'm not a fan, either.

bubbaray
02-20-2011, 12:33 AM
Pez never last long enough in our house for us to find out if they go bad. If the kids don't eat them, I do. If I don't , DH does. If DH doesn't, the dog goes. That pretty much sums up 24 hrs of candy life in our house.