PDA

View Full Version : They Cancelled.

ha98ed14
02-18-2011, 10:06 PM
I'm so bummed... We went to all this trouble to cook an amazing meal; I cleaned my house, and our dinner guests cancelled a half hour before we were expecting them. She says DS has a fever. But she texted me 70 minutes prior to let me know what time they were leaving to get here. Do fevers really come on that fast? She's my favorite mommy friend. I'm so bummed. :(

elephantmeg
02-18-2011, 10:09 PM
ugh-so sorry And yes, last weekend DD went through the day OK (whiny but hey she's 2!) and all of a sudden she was HOT 101.5 By bedtime DS was 102.8. We were at the IL's when I realized that she was getting warm-had made cupcakes with them, had gone to swim class...

Edensmum
02-18-2011, 10:44 PM
Sorry you are disapointed. Yes kids get sick and it can be quick. Last week we went to the park for the day had a picnic ran around all day everyone had fun. We went to get out of the car when we got home and dd said she was really thirsty. I got her water and kissed her head she was hot and then threw up. Fun stuff.

Twoboos
02-18-2011, 11:00 PM
Well that stinks. But on the bright side, more cake for you! :wink2:

I definitely think sickness can come out of no where.

alexsmommy
02-18-2011, 11:12 PM
That stinks.
Yes, my kids can seem fine one minute, throw up the next and spike a temp of 102+ within ten minutes.

niccig
02-19-2011, 12:01 AM
I'm sorry your dinner plans were cancelled. But, look on the bright side, you're house is clean for the weekend.

2 years back with H1N1, DS was acting grumpy just before leaving to go trick or treat around the block. I checked temp and it was normal, thought he was just being difficult because waited all day to go T&T. We got back to the house 90 mins later, and he's spiked a fever. Didn't know it was H1N1 until 2 days later...sorry neighbours for all the germs were shared!

I would call to reschedule. I'm sure they're disappointed too.

Melanie
02-19-2011, 04:49 PM
I'm sorry. I'd be really disappointed as well. :(

I'm glad she's a good enough friend not to bring her sick child over, though.

ShanaMama
02-19-2011, 11:51 PM
I'm sorry. I'd be really disappointed as well. :(

I'm glad she's a good enough friend not to bring her sick child over, though.
:yeahthat: I'd be frustrated too, having gone to all that work & looking forward to having them, but I defnitely have people in my life who would come anyway with the sick child. That would really anger me.

SnuggleBuggles
02-19-2011, 11:55 PM
That's a bummer. :(

Ds2 went from happy and healthy to screaming in pain with an ear infection (I presume...he's had many and I know the symptoms) shortly after falling asleep tonight. I thought of this thread.

I hope you can reschedule soon.

Beth