PDA

View Full Version : Help me choose a phone - PLEASE!

Uno-Mom
02-19-2011, 01:32 AM
Today I decided my b-day present is going to be a touch screen phone. I don't know why, I suddenly really, really want one. :) We're on a tight budget but DH agrees that it's a fine present for me to get myself. It actually isn't too silly - I'll be able to work from my phone quite a bit if I have internet and email access.

I am very literate about computer technology but totally CLUELESS about cell phones. We have Verizon and plan to keep that service. I stopped in the store today and looked at phones. They have the Droids, of course, and also a few other cheaper touch screen options. There is one Droid that I can afford ($99 after discounts) but the cheaper phones are a better price ($49 after discounts).

Seems like the big difference between Droids and the others is screen clarity and camera quality?? Or is the operating system actually better? Does one have a better interface system (is interface even the right term?)? Will I care about screen quality?

Heh heh. As you can tell, I'm clueless. Please share your knowledge. Tomorrow I plan to pick!

swrc00
02-19-2011, 05:13 AM
I have Verizon and have a Droid 2. I love it! It is my first touch screen phone, so I can't really compare it to anything.