PDA

View Full Version : Haan Slim and Light Pieces

Claki
02-19-2011, 08:06 AM
My mom bought a Haan Slim and Light, used it once and declared it junk. She doesn't have much patience for appliances and gadgets and I'm sure she didn't read the directions. So I convinced her to give it to me instead of throwing it away. But by the time it got to me it no longer has the floor pads or directions. I see I can buy more floor pads on Amazon, but is there anything else I need to purchase that she may have lost? Do I need to track down some directions online or from Haan

ETA: It looks like I am missing the floor resting pad. Is this something I can buy? Is it necessary? I have never used a steam mop before. TIA

Claki
02-20-2011, 07:44 PM
Bumping... I know there are a few on here who own the Haan Light and Slim! I also emailed Haan and I'm hoping to hear back.

essnce629
02-27-2011, 03:57 AM
Oops, just seeing this now. All you need are the cleaning pads (I have 4 of them) and the resting pad. You must have the resting pad since you have to sit the mop on it while it heats up and while in use if you have to stop for a moment while the mop is on you have to put it on the resting mat or it will ruin your floor. Our cleaning lady left the mop in one spot for about 5 minutes when it was on the first time she used it and it messed up one of our slate tiles in the bathroom (left a cloudy white imprint in the shape of the mop head :(). It takes about 30 seconds to heat up and if you have a stuck on piece of food on the ground, just hold the mop over it for about 10 seconds to loosen it up and it should come right off. I'd still request an instruction manual from the company though. I'm sure they'll send you one for free. The mop also comes with a plastic piece that fits over the mop head and can be used to steam clean your carpets (like for a small spill).

Claki
02-27-2011, 06:58 PM
Thank you!

I realized that there is a plastic cover on the mop right now. I'm not sure if this i the resting pad or the carpet attachment?

essnce629
02-28-2011, 02:50 AM
That sounds like the carpet attachment. The resting pad does not attach to the mop. It's just a black foam/rubbery rectangle that you put on the ground and sit the mop on.