PDA

View Full Version : Electrolux ErgoRapido as primary vacuum cleaner?

citymama
02-19-2011, 04:50 PM
To all you fans of the ErgoRapido: would yu use it as your primary vac for the house? We (will) have 1500 sq ft of home to vacuum, all hardwood other than one room (and our own decorative carpets/rugs). Or is it really just intended as an electric broom? If not the Electrolux, what do you recommend as a primary, easy to use vac for someone with RSI problems in my wrists? Final question: does Costco still offer the best price on the ErgoRapido? Thanks!

vludmilla
02-19-2011, 05:11 PM
We have the ErgoRapido from Costco and we love it but it doesn't cut it on any kind of area rug at all. Our house is all hardwoods too and similary sized. We have area rugs in DD's room, LR and DR. I ended up getting a Miele canister for Christmas to do more thorough cleaning.

JTsMom
02-19-2011, 06:26 PM
It's ok for doing my tiny door mat rug, but that's about it's limit. I drag our big vac downstairs to do the area rug.

sullivanshops
02-21-2011, 09:46 PM
I wouldn't use it as the primary-it doesn't do well enough on area rugs. But it is FANTASTIC on hardwood-swivels around and picks up everything! We mounted it on the wall in our laundry room near the kitchen and use it constantly!