PDA

View Full Version : "A Dog's Purpose"...

BillK
02-19-2011, 06:59 PM
If you are a dog lover - you owe it to yourself to read "A Dog's Purpose" by W. Bruce Cameron. Great read!

sewarsh
02-19-2011, 07:36 PM
Did you read "The Art of Racing In the Rain"?
OMG that was such a great book. When you are ready, you should read it.
So sorry about the loss of your dog....they truely are amazing family members.

ETA: Just requested your rec from my library...all 8 copies in the local libraries are out so i'm on waiting list.

BillK
02-19-2011, 08:32 PM
Yes I read the Art of Racing in the Rain also - which was very good too.

I think I may like A Dog's Purpose a little bit more. It's definitely a lot sadder than Art - especially if you've lost a dog recently - but it is also more uplifting in it's message I think.

Mamma2004
02-19-2011, 09:26 PM
Bill, I trust your recommendation and plan to request it from my library.

I lost one dog 3 1/2 years ago and it still hurts. Our other (now only) dog is 15, deaf, seems to have some sort of doggie Parkinson's....so I pray every day that he will remain a healthy, active member of our family.

I wish you well in your recovery, for lack of a better word. There is no way to explain the love of/for a dog to someone who has never experienced it. I hope your memories are already making you smile!

Nooknookmom
02-19-2011, 11:07 PM
I'm scared to read it. Will it make me sob again?

I lost my baby girl back in July and will still fall to pieces if I think of her.

Hopefully I'll be brave enough to read it, and I truely hope you are doing better in your loss.

BillK
02-20-2011, 12:47 PM
I'm scared to read it. Will it make me sob again?

I lost my baby girl back in July and will still fall to pieces if I think of her.

Hopefully I'll be brave enough to read it, and I truely hope you are doing better in your loss.

Yes without a doubt it will make you sob. But I think in a good way.

Thanks - getting better but I still miss her a lot.

It helps that my best buddy got a yellow lab pup - so I'm on the lunchtime duty while he's at work - and once he's trained a bit better - he may start coming to work with me since he and his wife both work and are gone from 8-5pm weekdays.