PDA

View Full Version : S/O What's the longest you've gone without

hillview
02-19-2011, 07:39 PM
What is the longest you've gone without having SEX!? Not including medical issues.

Kymberley
02-19-2011, 07:44 PM
Almost 2 years, but that's not the case anymore! ;)

SnuggleBuggles
02-19-2011, 08:01 PM
Before we were married we had a long distance relationship for 2.5 years. During that time we'd go prob. no longer than a month before one of us made the drive. :) Since marriage, less than 2 weeks though maybe there was a 3 week in there (doubtful). Every time I think it's been a long time I think back and it usually hasn't been. ;)

Beth

karstmama
02-19-2011, 08:27 PM
4 1/2 years. i was married for 3 of them...then we got a divorce. then i still had a dry spell - i think i was giving off desperation fumes.

the married dry spell wasn't my idea. rabbits are good.

ilfaith
02-19-2011, 08:29 PM
A little over 20 years. Of course those include the years from birth through childhood, adolescence and into college. After that there were periods of a year or more where I was not in a relationship, and celibate.

I voted 2-3 months because I assumed you meant the longest I've gone in my current relationship.

american_mama
02-20-2011, 03:00 PM
I think the OP needs to clarify. I assume you are only talking about the period of time after your first had sex, not the years preceding that point. But still, do you mean longest period of time without sex regardless of relationship status, or only longest period of time when in a relationship, or longest period of time while married? I assumed you meant the latter.

And by medical issues, are you counting normal post-partum or any borderline medical issues (pain, dryness, lack of drive)? Your 2-3 month option might be weighted a bit by people who waited the standard 6 weeks post-partum, but 6 weeks isn't an option on your poll.

Also, some couples don't have sex because they are not in the same location (like a deployment), not because they don't want to or otherwise wouldn't.

amldaley
02-20-2011, 08:21 PM
I agree - this needs to be clarified as before DH or with DH.

Before DH > than one year, in between relationships and/or when dating a couple of straigt-laced boys in college.

With DH = 8 months. And I hope every other military wife will say the same for the times their DH is deployed!

Just because we weren't feelin' it? Couple of months.

eh613c
02-28-2011, 07:25 PM
2-3 months because DH was studying for the bar exam.