PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Kinect....

Melaine
02-19-2011, 08:02 PM
We bought one today, totally out of the blue. I think we will sell our Wii.

What games do you have? We bought Kinectimals and Game Party but the reviews on Game Party are awful so we'll have to exchange it. I want to get Dance Central, are there any others you would recommend?

Does anyone actually use it for exercise?

GaPeach_in_Ca
02-19-2011, 08:08 PM
I'm actually sitting here watching my kids play Kinectimals right now. lol I think it's kind of a dumb game, but my 6 year old & 2 year old seem to like it quite a bit. I just asked them and they said yes they do. :)

I just finished some rounds of Dance Central. I rocked it out to 5 stars on hard for Hey Mami. Dance Central is really fun and can be a good workout. I used to workout with DDR on PS2 back in the day (2002ish) and this is as good as that. I would dance for about 20 minutes every day. :D

ETA - the other games we have are Kinect Sports and Kinect Adventures (maybe this one comes with it?). Really I only play Dance Central.

ellies mom
02-19-2011, 08:15 PM
I wouldn't rush out and sell the Wii yet. Kinect is fun and all but sometimes the interface gets to be a bit of a bother and it doesn't always read the girls right especially since they tend to move out of the optimal area and if youngest stands in the wrong spot it "connects" her to the person playing which can mess things up. So the girls still play the Wii quite a bit.

I bought the Biggest Loser but found it to be pretty annoying at times. So I haven't used it as much as planned. The husband and I felt we got a bit of a workout just playing the Adventure game.

BillK
02-19-2011, 08:30 PM
My wife uses Fitness Evolved every day that she doesn't run and seems very happy with it (I've used it a few times and it gives a good workout and seems to work well). Kinect Sports is also great fun (as is the included Adventures).

The the Brain and Body game is supposed to be good - the marketplace has a demo for download I think.

mezzona
02-19-2011, 10:07 PM
kinect sports is fun and a great workout. however you actually burn more calories with dance central. and it is also extremely fun. I hear great things about fitness evolved but I haven't tried it yet. next game to try, tho!

Melaine
02-19-2011, 10:32 PM
I wouldn't rush out and sell the Wii yet. Kinect is fun and all but sometimes the interface gets to be a bit of a bother and it doesn't always read the girls right especially since they tend to move out of the optimal area and if youngest stands in the wrong spot it "connects" her to the person playing which can mess things up. So the girls still play the Wii quite a bit.

I bought the Biggest Loser but found it to be pretty annoying at times. So I haven't used it as much as planned. The husband and I felt we got a bit of a workout just playing the Adventure game.

We already listed it on CL and have had several offers. I hope I don't regret selling it, but we really never played it. I logged on to Wii Fit to make sure everything still works and it had been like 290 days since my last "visit"....I'm hoping the kinect will be easier for the girls to use.