PDA

View Full Version : mickey mouse clubhouse party ideas?

elephantmeg
02-19-2011, 10:42 PM
I've read a thousand websites and still don't have a clear idea of what to do with the kids' party this year. We're doing mickey mouse clubhouse for a theme. I think I have the cake figured out. They will be 5 and 3 (b/g). Looking at anywhere from 3 friends to 8 or 9 plus adults.

Here's what I've come up with so far

food:
mickey mouse nuggets from costco (no brainer!) with various dipping options
maybe mac n cheese? or some sort of pasta salad/potato salad? or both?
fruit salad of some sort
mickey mouse shaped jello jigglers (I got a cookie cutter in the shape of mickey mouse head/ears)
veggie tray
cake (one huge one to share, borrowed a 1/2 sheet cake pan from a friend and have played with marshmallow fondant tonight and I think it's doable)
some variation of this cake
http://www.coolest-birthday-cakes.com/coolest-mickey-mouse-clubhouse-cake-42.html

I was able to find plates/napkins etc at walmart so I'm set there. What I can't figure out is activities and goody bags. Would you make mickey mouse cookies and let the kids decorate them? Should I do mouse ears for everyone (minnie for the girls,mickey for the boys?). Would that plus a decorated big cookie be enough of a favor? Any other ideas?

cheri
02-19-2011, 10:46 PM
I love the idea of mickey/minnie cookies to decorate and take home. I think that's a great favor--edible and nothing to throw away later.

Sounds like a great party! Have fun :)

crl
02-19-2011, 10:57 PM
Love the cookie to decorate and as favor idea. I think that is plenty for a favor.

If you want a game you could play musical chairs with the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse theme song.

Have fun!
Catherine

sail731
02-20-2011, 04:32 PM
I believe the Playhouse Disney (now Disney Junior) website has birthday party ideas. May be worth a check.

JTsMom
02-20-2011, 05:39 PM
Fun theme to work with!

I love the cake! I like the mouse ears idea, but just in case you do decide to change it/add to it, Dollar Tree has a ton of Mickey stuff, including puzzles- both 24 and 48 pcs.

For food, it would be really easy to make Mickey pizzas- you could do 3 pies and put them together.

I wonder if you can find Mickey balloons somewhere- the big ones they sell at the park.

ETA: Activities- pin the nose on Mickey, or maybe make up a story with 3 clues, Toodles, the whole nine yards.

katydid1971
02-20-2011, 06:19 PM
How about a read aloud. http://www.amazon.com/Mickey-Mouse-Clubhouse-Birthday-Disneys/dp/1423106520/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1298240225&sr=1-1

newg
02-20-2011, 09:34 PM
We just had a Minnie Mouse party for DD1 on Saturday! She turned 3 so I didn't worry about games or anything.........but we did pizza, veggies and dip, fruit, and pretzles for food.
I bought a Mickey Mouse head cake pan at JoAnn Fabrics, and then I made a sheet cake to make sure we had enough cake. At my Walmart they had edible stickers and sprinkes in Mickey Mouse shapes and I used those to decorate the sheet cake.

I went to party city and target for goodie bag stuff.

3blackcats
02-22-2011, 01:57 PM
I don't know if you have done invitations yet, but Costco has a Mickey Mouse Club themed card you can order. I can't link it as you have to be logged in.

But, if you are a member, or know someone who is -- it's in the Greeting Cards area under "More".

ewpmsw
02-22-2011, 04:37 PM
"Gooey Fish" favors: Swedish fish, or gummy fish, if such things exist.

Mini pigs in a blanket (Hot Dog dance)

Musical Chairs, the freeze game or some other game that plays off of the Hot Dog Dance.

Toast the birthday kid: "We have ears... Saaaaay cheers!"

Our local party store (Party City) has a ton of inexpensive Disney favors, including MMCH.

Hope these aren't too dorky. We watch way too much of MMCH right now.

elephantmeg
02-22-2011, 06:20 PM
thanks everyone! I got a couple of the suggestions-the book and also found a mickey mouse tag game on amazon that looks cool. I've also checked out the disney website :) it should be a fun day!

BeachBum
02-22-2011, 07:35 PM
I just did a Mickey party for my twins turning two.

We did hot dogs "hot diggity dog" with a big topping bar. I made several toppings, (slaw, several types of onions, and hot sauces) plus had the classics (relish, mustard, kraut etc). A few classic sides mac and cheese, potato salad etc.

For the cake, I wasn't as ambitious as you. I baked 6 round cakes, (to make a 2 layer cake) and then trimmed four down to use as ears. My cake and invites looked something like these

http://www.etsy.com/listing/67093926/mickey-mouse-birthday-invitations?ref=sr_list_12&ga_search_type=all&ga_includes%5B0%5D=tags&ga_search_query=mickey+mouse+birthday+invitations&ga_page=6&ga_facet=

I did the black with buttercream and the red with fondant.

We did the mickey cookies for a favor. I didn't let my guests decorate...many of them were young.

We didn't do much in the way of activities...but we did have the MMCH theme song and had a dance "contest".

Have fun!

elephantmeg
03-05-2011, 04:20 PM
update: the party turned out awesome. The cake came out well, we did the cookie decorate and mouse-k-tag and read whose b-day is it anyway. We had mickey mouse nuggets, mac n cheese, fruit and veggie trays and mickey mouse jello jigglers that I made with the cookie cutter I had gotten. We always do a video of pics/videos from the year so we did that and opened presents. By 1/2 way through presents DD was DONE but DS was moving right along. I found great gift bag stuff at the dollar store-gave out a set of mm flash cards (counting for the big kids and colors/shapes for the littles and bath books for the babies) and stamp sets for the big kids, sippy cups for the babies. For the biggest kids I got color on velvet mickey mouse at the $ store. They also had coloring books etc there but I decided against those. The kids had a blast playing with toys etc-the play kitchen was a huge hit and the gifts were spot on-so a great day! I worked on the cake all week but it didn't take long to put it together last night and it tasted awesome.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=10150102698061437&set=a.83053261436.95041.715806436&theater

kdeunc
03-05-2011, 04:48 PM
Sounds like an awesome party. Good job Mama!!