PDA

View Full Version : Thank you ALL!!: WWYD if you found out a family member was stealing from you?

twowhat?
02-20-2011, 12:23 AM
I've read and re-read every single reply and PM that I got and just want to let you all know how much it means to me. You never think that something like this could happen to your family, and I will forever be amazed at all the people I have never even met who care so much. Any time I needed a little lift I'd log on and read (and re-read).

It was a strange day for me, being home with sick DD2 (Hand foot mouth disease - worst thing EVER!!) and sometimes being in a great mood, feeling immense relief, and then other times having to sit and cry, especially when there were reminders (like when DD2 told me that my brother had brought me the birthday balloons that are still floating around in the house). Total roller coaster of emotions. I was able to get time off from work and sometimes want to just hole up at home and sometimes suddenly just want to do something for myself, like get a haircut or go shopping (and then feel guilty about even thinking that).

We're still waiting on the police report to get any more details on exactly what happened that night. My poor parents have been on a wild ride, because when the police first found him he was still alive and taken to the hospital so my parents rushed over there only to be told that now he was being Care Flight-ed to a larger hospital, so they rushed over there with hope in their hearts that he would survive. But when the hospital chaplain and several doctors and nurses came out to talk to them, they knew. My heart is breaking for my parents much more than for myself. I know I will be be OK. I know we will all be OK. My mom sent me an email and said "I still have a lovely daughter and granddaughters." She is one of the strongest people I know.

My friends have been so awesome and I am so lucky to have them. Friends I haven't talked to in years have called and it seems like no time has gone by at all. We've had offers to bring us dinner and it is so wonderful. I couldn't be any luckier. Really!

-------------------
Update #2: He didn't make it. My little brother killed himself. I'm taking comfort in the fact that no one else was hurt. But...this. sucks.

eta: my parents cannot bear the thought of burying their child, and he is not a candidate for organs (because he is considered a crime victim). They want to donate his body for medical research, in the hopes that somehow somewhere sometime, someone else will be helped.

-------------------
Update: I emailed my brother to tell him I knew, and to say he wasn't welcome in our house without supervision anymore (I also said that I knew he still needed help, and that we were going to help him get it), and called my parents to tell them (he lives with my parents). They were of course shocked and saddened and when he was out of the house, they raided his room and found more evidence of lying, stealing, and using drugs. We all agreed we needed to let him know that we knew why he still needed help. So my mom confronted him (in a very nonconfrontational way). He totally blew up. He got a gun from his room (how the hell he got it I don't know) and brought it out in front of Mom (scaring her to death of course). He told her he wouldn't use it on her, but that she wouldn't have to worry about him anymore. Then he took one of my parent's cars and left.

The police have been called and went to my parent's house and a description of him and the car are out. My parents have locked up the house (he has no key) and locked the garage door. I am sort of freaking out because he knows where I live and it's within 30 min of my parent's house. We're setting our alarm tonight. I almost wish he WOULD kill himself because I'm terrified of him hurting someone innocent - another driver on the road, or someone who just happens to be in his way.

Please send P&PT. I am a mess:( I just don't see this having a happy ending at all.

The only silver lining is that DH has been my rock. We've put aside our differences for now to focus on supporting each other.

eta: we all still believe confronting him was the right thing to do - just wanted to make mention of this esp for those of you who suggested it (and THANK YOU). We would have gotten nowhere without doing SOMETHING. Hopefully he just hits rock bottom, doesn't hurt himself or others, and agrees to getting more help.

Just discovered that my brother stole money from my wallet. He's gone through a rough couple years with a suicide attempt, drug abuse, rehab...and we all thought he was getting better. And maybe he is - maybe he really is drug-free now. But he steals. That means he can't possibly be "all better". I am sick about it because it just violates the trust that I had in him despite his problems.

What would you do? I just really have not even an inkling of an idea of what to do. Do I confront him? Call police? I have no idea:(

ha98ed14
02-20-2011, 12:30 AM
It doesn't sound like it was rent money, so I'd let it go and just remember to lock up all my valuables when he came around. I'm sorry your dealing with this. ETA: I say let it go because #1) you can't prove it was your brother, so to the police it's a he-said, she-said. And #2) I doubt you will ever get your brother to admit to it and if you back him into a corner, you might make more trouble for yourself that the amount of money was worth with the family fall out from accusing him.

marge234
02-20-2011, 02:11 AM
From what I understand it's helpful to be really, really tough in these situations. But only if you're up for it. I'd assume he's using, and tell him you don't trust him. Encourage him to go back to rehab/call sponsor/whatever. Al-anon might have some useful info.

So sorry.

dcmom2b3
02-20-2011, 04:00 AM
You want money? Get the stones to stick up a convenience store. Or go large and hit up a bank. Or go humble and ASK a family member for help. But one way or another, own it, dude. Put some skin in the game, don't sneak money from your sister's wallet.

Your gut is giving you the right message: he's not all better. He's probably using. This is addict behavior -- even if he's techcnically not using drugs now, he's still dealing with those around him from the same addict mindset. Which is why you feel like he violated your trust. Because that's what he did, and that's what addicts do.

Our family has had years of similar problems with one member. He's doing better for now (in college, getting good grades, etc.) But I still won't trust him, and he knows that b/c I told him so, told him why, and told him that I wouldn't consider him to be family again until he proved that he could keep up his end of the bargain by not stealing from us.

IMO, stealing from family is a particularly awful act -- it breaches the trust that you give someone when you allow them the unfettered access to your life that family members enjoy. It's also extremely cowardly, lazy and manipulative IMO -- victimizing the people who are least likely to file a police report, and most likely to get bound up in guilt and self-recriminations-- thinking and re-thinking again about how to handle the situation in some way short of sending him directly into the consequences that the criminal justice system has to offer.

I wrestled with this for years, some of my family is still wrestling with it. But B knows that if he steals from me or my mother again, he'll be in handcuffs before he can say jack sprat. I can't say what the right approach would be for you, but in my experience, this sort of behavior doesn't resolve itself, and needs confrontation and clear boundaries drawn.

hillview
02-20-2011, 08:36 AM
I agree assume he is using again. I'd say tell him you know he is stealing from you and that next time you will call the police (if you can say that and mean it) in the mean time I agree with pp al-anon.

So sorry you are dealing with this.
/hillary

twowhat?
02-20-2011, 09:48 AM
Does anyone know whether Al-Anon or Narc-Anon would help if the addition problem he had was related to prescription drugs (and not just alcohol/narcotics)?

Thanks for the replies so far - I've had a gut feeling for a while now and just needed someone to confirm that I should follow my gut. Ugh what an awful thing to have to go through:(

randomkid
02-20-2011, 10:04 AM
Does anyone know whether Al-Anon or Narc-Anon would help if the addition problem he had was related to prescription drugs (and not just alcohol/narcotics)?

Thanks for the replies so far - I've had a gut feeling for a while now and just needed someone to confirm that I should follow my gut. Ugh what an awful thing to have to go through:(

Prescription drugs that are addictive ARE narcotics. You should have no problem getting help from them.

So sorry you are going through this. I agree with PPs that he is likely using again, otherwise why would he steal from you? I looked it up and it's Nar-Anon. Here is their website http://www.nar-anon.org/Nar-Anon/Nar-Anon_Home.html Here are some things I read: "The only requirement to be a member and attend Nar-Anon meetings is that there is a problem of drugs or addiction in a relative or friend." "Whether the addict is using or not, Nar-Anon offers hope and recovery to all people affected by the addiction of a loved one or friend."

I would contact Nar-Anon first to see what they recommend, then go with what they suggest. I'm sure they will tell you to confront it. Letting it go is enabling.

mmommy
02-20-2011, 10:17 AM
:grouphug: BTDT, and sorry to say that if you don't confront it, it will escalate. The sooner and clearer the confrontation the more likely it will lead to your brother getting clean

Prescription medication addiction is very real, and addicts of these meds are not really different from addicts of other substances. Al-Anon or Nar-Anon are really helpful resources.

Another thing we found helpful was to speak openly with other family members. Often the addict has each member of their family hiding bits of their secret and once you get all those pieces together you can get a clear picture of the scope of the problem. This can also get you all on the same page, so that the "punishment" for stealing from each of you is the same.

This step is where my family is fumbling the ball. MIL just can't bring herself to stop giving SIL money, even though we all know she is addicted, she continues to steal, lie, and be a general screw up with her kids...but because she has this support from MIL her addiction is continuing years after we first confronted her. The rest of the family hasn't caved, but that one weak link (and I understand, it must be so devastating for MIL to watch her daughter do this) has extended the addiction behaviors.

twowhat?
02-20-2011, 11:28 PM
Update in OP.

ha98ed14
02-20-2011, 11:35 PM
Update in OP.

RE: OP
Wow that is super scary! Sending P&PTs! Maybe you and DH should take the girls and go to a hotel for the night?

JoyNChrist
02-20-2011, 11:37 PM
Update in OP.

So scary! I'm praying for all of you right now. Please please update as soon as you know something.

And just in case it's bothering you - this is absolutely NOT your fault for confronting him. With his behavior, it was bound to come to a head sooner or later.

♥ms.pacman♥
02-20-2011, 11:39 PM
oh my goodness, i am so, so sorry you are dealing with this. :hug: :hug: :hug:

sending lots of prayers and positive thoughts your way.

ett
02-20-2011, 11:41 PM
Update in OP.

Oh my goodness! How scary. Sending lots of prayers your way.

GaPeach_in_Ca
02-20-2011, 11:44 PM
How scary! Thinking of you and your parents. I hope everything works out.

lmh2402
02-20-2011, 11:45 PM
i'm so sorry you and your family are dealing with this

p&pt for all involved - i hope it ends quickly and as well as possible.

:hug:

SnuggleBuggles
02-20-2011, 11:52 PM
Yikes! I really hope everything works out safely!

Beth

dcmom2b3
02-20-2011, 11:55 PM
I'm so sorry. I don't want to be suggestive, but the suicide prevention hotline could probably point you to resources and strategies for keeping everyone safe. 1-800-suicide (awful number to call, I'm sorry for even bringing it up, but I know that I'd be sorrier if I didn't and the worst happened.)

All of you are in my prayers.

DietCokeLover
02-21-2011, 12:11 AM
HOw scary!! I wasn't clear if you live in the same town as your parents, but if not, maybe call your local police and inform them so theycan increase patrols in yourneighborhood til he is located.

alexmommy
02-21-2011, 12:13 AM
Hugs to you. How scary and sad. I'd consider spending the night somewhere else too, if it were me. Not sure I'd be getting any sleep otherwise. Sending prayers your way. Hope all turns out as good as possible.

ShanaMama
02-21-2011, 12:15 AM
Oh no. That is a frightening update. PT coming your way. I hope you can update soon with a good outcome.

kristenk
02-21-2011, 12:32 AM
Oh, no. I'm so, so sorry. :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

lmh2402
02-21-2011, 12:34 AM
oh. that is just awful.

i'm so sorry. really, really sorry. :hug: :hug: :hug:

ett
02-21-2011, 12:35 AM
I am so, so sorry. You are in my prayers. :hug: :hug: :hug:

jenfromnj
02-21-2011, 12:36 AM
Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts to your family.

Melbel
02-21-2011, 12:36 AM
I am so sorry you and your family are struggling with addiction. My older sister is also an addict/alcoholic. I read your post earlier, and did not know how to respond. We are struggling with some of the same dilemmas and there are no easy/right answers. Sending prayers and positive thoughts to you and your family tonight.

crl
02-21-2011, 12:37 AM
I am so sorry for your loss.

Catherine

Penny's Pappa
02-21-2011, 12:41 AM
So sorry for your loss. My condolences go out to you and your family.

DietCokeLover
02-21-2011, 12:41 AM
Oh no! I am so so sorry. Prayers for comfort for your family at this time.

brittone2
02-21-2011, 12:45 AM
I am so, so very sorry. I have had family members at the brink before and have been so very scared for their lives.

You and your family will be in my thoughts. We are here for you. :grouphug:

smiles33
02-21-2011, 12:46 AM
I am so sorry. I can't even begin to imagine the sadness, relief, anger, frustration, and all the other crazy emotions you and your family must be going through. I am glad you are no longer afraid for your family's safety but feel terrible to learn at what cost.

Octobermommy
02-21-2011, 12:49 AM
I am so very sorry for you and for your loss. Please take care.

wimama
02-21-2011, 12:50 AM
I am so very sorry for your loss and for everything you and family has been through and are going through. My thoughts and prayers are with you!:grouphug:

Smillow
02-21-2011, 12:57 AM
I am so sorry to hear this. Lots of P&PT for you & your family - it truly does suck.

kijip
02-21-2011, 01:00 AM
I am so very sorry for your family's tremendous loss.

turtledove
02-21-2011, 01:06 AM
I am so sorry for your loss! :hug:

hopeful_mama
02-21-2011, 01:09 AM
:hug: I'm so sorry for you and your family.

mousemom
02-21-2011, 01:09 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss. Sending prayers for comfort and healing for you and your family.

LexyLou
02-21-2011, 01:14 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss and the pain you and your family have been going through.

NancyJ_redo
02-21-2011, 01:29 AM
I'm so truly sorry for your loss. Having lived with an addict I know it's an extremely difficult road, and having had a cousin commit suicide in the last year, I know that's an abrupt, senseless ending to the promise of what could have been. My heart goes out to you and your family. :grouphug:

caheinz
02-21-2011, 01:29 AM
So sorry for your loss.

kwc
02-21-2011, 01:41 AM
So so so sorry for your loss. Prayers for peace and comfort for you and your family.

Rarick0
02-21-2011, 01:44 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss. Many prayers for you and your family.

dotgirl
02-21-2011, 01:48 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss. *hugs*

pinay
02-21-2011, 01:51 AM
So sorry for your loss.

fumofu
02-21-2011, 02:26 AM
I'm sorry. My condolences to you and your family.

Globetrotter
02-21-2011, 02:26 AM
I am so sorry to hear this :hug:

ellies mom
02-21-2011, 02:28 AM
I am truly sorry to hear about your brother. You and your family are in my prayers.

JoyNChrist
02-21-2011, 02:29 AM
Oh my God, honey. I'm so, so very sorry. My prayers are with your family.

twowhat?
02-21-2011, 02:34 AM
Thanks everyone for the P&PT. It means a lot to me. I'm not ready to tell my friends yet and deal with the grief and tears all over again so I've been reading and re-reading this thread, and it is making me feel better. Just a couple of things:

You want money? Get the stones to stick up a convenience store. Or go large and hit up a bank. Or go humble and ASK a family member for help. But one way or another, own it, dude. Put some skin in the game, don't sneak money from your sister's wallet.

Your gut is giving you the right message: he's not all better. He's probably using. This is addict behavior -- even if he's techcnically not using drugs now, he's still dealing with those around him from the same addict mindset. Which is why you feel like he violated your trust. Because that's what he did, and that's what addicts do.

Our family has had years of similar problems with one member. He's doing better for now (in college, getting good grades, etc.) But I still won't trust him, and he knows that b/c I told him so, told him why, and told him that I wouldn't consider him to be family again until he proved that he could keep up his end of the bargain by not stealing from us.

IMO, stealing from family is a particularly awful act -- it breaches the trust that you give someone when you allow them the unfettered access to your life that family members enjoy. It's also extremely cowardly, lazy and manipulative IMO -- victimizing the people who are least likely to file a police report, and most likely to get bound up in guilt and self-recriminations-- thinking and re-thinking again about how to handle the situation in some way short of sending him directly into the consequences that the criminal justice system has to offer.

I wrestled with this for years, some of my family is still wrestling with it. But B knows that if he steals from me or my mother again, he'll be in handcuffs before he can say jack sprat. I can't say what the right approach would be for you, but in my experience, this sort of behavior doesn't resolve itself, and needs confrontation and clear boundaries drawn.

I didn't comment about this earlier but just wanted to say - WOW. This was so beautifully written, and so completely true. I keep re-reading it and seeing the story of his life in your post. Thank you!

I am so sorry. I can't even begin to imagine the sadness, relief, anger, frustration, and all the other crazy emotions you and your family must be going through. I am glad you are no longer afraid for your family's safety but feel terrible to learn at what cost.

And this is exactly how I'm feeling right now, for sure!

Thanks so much everyone. So glad I have the BBB!!!

Reyadawnbringer
02-21-2011, 02:37 AM
My thoughts go out to you right now. I am sorry you have had to endure such a gut-wrenching tragedy.

mommy111
02-21-2011, 03:37 AM
I am more sorry than I can say for your loss. May you and your family and your little brother all find the peace that they so desperately need.

niccig
02-21-2011, 03:38 AM
I am so sorry for your family. P&PTs during this difficult time.

randomkid
02-21-2011, 04:05 AM
I was truly hoping for a good ending for you and your brother. I am very sorry that it turned out so tragically. I would recommend that you still contact Nar-Anon for help in dealing with all the emotions wrapped up in this. I am sure they have experience with this and can offer support to you and your parents. Prayers go out to you and your family. I cannot imagine what you all are going through.

Melanie
02-21-2011, 04:16 AM
Oh honey, I'm so very very sorry.

spunkybaby
02-21-2011, 04:55 AM
I'm so very sorry for your family's loss. :grouphug:

amandabea
02-21-2011, 06:36 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss. P&PT for your parents.

plusbellelavie
02-21-2011, 07:23 AM
I am so sorry for your family's loss..what a tragedy for everyone involved! Please be strong your parents are going to need your strength! Lots of prayer and positive thoughts!

billysmommy
02-21-2011, 07:28 AM
I am so sorry for your family's loss. I'll be thinking of you all

AngelaS
02-21-2011, 07:42 AM
I'm so sorry.

Melbel
02-21-2011, 08:06 AM
I logged on this morning hoping for a more peaceful outcome. My heart goes out to you and your family. Shortly after his 18th birthday, my little brother was shot and killed due in large part to running around with the wrong crowd. I was away at college at the time and still feel guilty for not helping to steer him in the right direction. I just wish that somehow, I could have made a difference in his life. There are no words to describe the pain and emotions you must be feeling. I am relieved that he did not hurt anyone else, but am so sorry for the loss of your brother. Sending more prayers and positive thoughts.

ETA: I am not in any way suggesting your should feel guilty or that you were at fault in any way. Likewise, it is not my "fault" that my own brother was killed. It is human nature, however, to replay events and wonder "what ifs". These are issues you and your family will struggle with in the days and years to come.

LD92599
02-21-2011, 08:08 AM
So sorry for your loss; p&pt to you and your family. May you find peace in the coming weeks.

KrisM
02-21-2011, 08:20 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss. Your family is in my thoughts.

o_mom
02-21-2011, 08:35 AM
I am so sorry.

WatchingThemGrow
02-21-2011, 08:38 AM
Oh, I'm SO sorry for you loss!

maestramommy
02-21-2011, 08:41 AM
OMG, I'm just getting to this thread now. I'm so sorry for you loss. Sorry for you parents. How heartbreaking. :hug5::hug5:

veronica
02-21-2011, 08:46 AM
I am so incredibly sorry for your family.

JTsMom
02-21-2011, 08:49 AM
I am so very sorry for your loss. :hug:

hillview
02-21-2011, 08:52 AM
Oh dear. I am so sorry to hear this. It is very tragic. Given that he had a gun I would assume he had intension of hurting himself or someone else (why else have a gun) and the confrontation was an excuse to carry out his plans. I believe he is at peace now and I wish you and your family P&PT through this awful time.
/hillary

Corie
02-21-2011, 08:52 AM
I am just now reading your post and updates. I am so very
sorry for your loss. Your family is in my thoughts.

MomToOne
02-21-2011, 08:56 AM
So sorry for your loss

KathyN115
02-21-2011, 08:57 AM
I am so very sorry for your loss.

Canna
02-21-2011, 08:58 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss. What a terrible time for your family. You're in my thoughts.

sidmand
02-21-2011, 08:58 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm sorry everything had the outcome it did and I hope you soon can come to peace with all that happened.

Take care of yourself and your family.

:hug:

tribe pride
02-21-2011, 08:59 AM
I'm so, so sorry for your loss. Praying for you and your family.

mmommy
02-21-2011, 09:19 AM
I am so incredibly sorry for your loss. Please still contact Nar-Anon. They will still be a valuable resource for you in coping with your brother's actions. P & PT for you and your family in dealing with this tragedy.:grouphug:

gobadgers
02-21-2011, 09:19 AM
I'm so sorry for your family's loss.

mrshalco
02-21-2011, 09:20 AM
P&PT for you and your family! :grouphug:

WolfpackMom
02-21-2011, 09:21 AM
Im so sorry for your loss, sending P&PTs for your family to find some peace in this difficult time.

Puddy73
02-21-2011, 09:21 AM
I am so sorry. Praying for you and your family.

mctlaw
02-21-2011, 09:22 AM
I am so, so sorry for your loss.

wellyes
02-21-2011, 09:24 AM
As a parent, my heart just breaks for your mom and dad. I am so sorry.

nicepersonfl
02-21-2011, 09:24 AM
I'm very sorry for your loss & the pain your family is experiencing. Please know that his DISEASE of addiction did this to him, not anything you or your family did to "push him over the edge". ADDICTION did this.

HUGS.

sewarsh
02-21-2011, 09:26 AM
OMG, such a horrible tragedy.
Please know you and your family did the right thing and do not blame yourselves.
Drugs are evil.
My heart goes out to your family and my deep condolences are with you.
Hang in there.

dcmom2b3
02-21-2011, 09:26 AM
I am so, so sorry. Sending prayers up for you, your parents, and your little brother, too.

Suicide sucks for the survivors, I know from experience. Please PM me if you need a shoulder or a place to vent.

missym
02-21-2011, 09:30 AM
I am so very sorry for your loss. P&PT for your family. :grouphug:

WitMom
02-21-2011, 09:34 AM
I am so sorry. Wishing peace to you and your family.

TwinFoxes
02-21-2011, 09:36 AM
I am so very sorry. I am praying for peace and comfort for you and your entire family. May your brother rest in peace.

tmahanes
02-21-2011, 09:39 AM
I am so very soory for your loss. You and your family will be in my thoughts. Hugs.

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk

Kymberley
02-21-2011, 09:40 AM
I am so, so sorry for your loss, and for the tragic evening you all had. Keeping your family in my thoughts and prayers.

shawnandangel
02-21-2011, 09:41 AM
Saying prayers of peace for you and yours

liz
02-21-2011, 09:44 AM
omg. I am so sorry. P&PT for you and your family. :grouphug:

Ceepa
02-21-2011, 09:44 AM
What a tragedy all around. I am so sorry.

zoestargrove
02-21-2011, 09:46 AM
Oh I'm so sorry. I came to this late and only have read your OP and updates. My heart is just broken for you and your parents. Drugs are so evil.

PAfirsttimemom
02-21-2011, 09:48 AM
So sorry for your loss and all that your family is going through now.

Twoboos
02-21-2011, 09:55 AM
Oh no, how horrible! Many P&PT for you and your family.

Snow mom
02-21-2011, 09:56 AM
I'm so sorry for your family's loss. I hope you and your family will be able to find peace.

JMS
02-21-2011, 10:00 AM
I'm very sorry. Please take care.:hug:

geophne
02-21-2011, 10:03 AM
P&PT for you and your family.

ladysoapmaker
02-21-2011, 10:05 AM
I so sorry for your loss. P&PT for you and your family.

Jen

KpbS
02-21-2011, 10:10 AM
I am very sorry for your loss. :grouphug:

MamaMolly
02-21-2011, 10:15 AM
I'm so sorry. What a tragic end. P and PT for you and your family.

goldenpig
02-21-2011, 10:16 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. Hoping you and your family can find peace in these difficult times. :grouphug:

mommylamb
02-21-2011, 10:17 AM
I am so sorry! I wish there was something more that could be said.

♥ms.pacman♥
02-21-2011, 10:17 AM
:hug: Am so sorry for what you and your parents must be going through right now. You and your family are in my continuous thoughts and prayers. :hug:

pinkmomagain
02-21-2011, 10:21 AM
OMG. I can't even imagine. I don't even know what to say except that I am sending hugs and positive thoughts your way. May he rest in peace.

bubbaray
02-21-2011, 10:25 AM
I'm so so sorry. I can't even imagine. :grouphug:

MommyofAmaya
02-21-2011, 10:25 AM
Much sympathy to you and your family. Hoping you are able to move forward from this tragedy. :hug:

larig
02-21-2011, 10:47 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you and your family are able to find peace. You did the right thing in telling your parents and trying to help him.

babyonway
02-21-2011, 10:49 AM
I am so deeply sorry for your loss. Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. :grouphug:

wendibird22
02-21-2011, 10:55 AM
I am just getting to this thread (was out of town for most of the week). Wow. I am just so sorry for the loss and for what your family has endured, not just now, but throughout your brothers addiction. I hope you are all able to find some peace.

misshollygolightly
02-21-2011, 10:59 AM
I am so very sorry.

JBaxter
02-21-2011, 11:01 AM
OH Im sorry for your loss. sounds like he was a very troubled young man but he was still your brother :(

edurnemk
02-21-2011, 11:02 AM
I am so sorry, I'll be praying for you and your family.

MMEand1
02-21-2011, 11:13 AM
So sorry for your loss. Keeping you and your family in our thoughts and prayers.

carolinamama
02-21-2011, 11:25 AM
I am so very sorry for your loss. It sounds like you and your parents have tried to do everything possible to help him. Prayers for you and your family for healing.

artvandalay
02-21-2011, 11:37 AM
I am so sorry.. what a tragic story. I hope you and your family will heal and find comfort. I cannot imagine going through something like this.

Kira's Mommy
02-21-2011, 11:48 AM
I'm very sorry for your loss.

noodle
02-21-2011, 11:51 AM
I'm so very, very sorry.
Wishing you peace. :hug:

wencit
02-21-2011, 12:00 PM
I'm so, so sorry. :hug:

ha98ed14
02-21-2011, 12:02 PM
So sorry for your loss. Sending P&PTs for peace for all of you.

craftysierra
02-21-2011, 12:09 PM
So sorry.

elephantmeg
02-21-2011, 12:11 PM
I am so, so, sorry! Hugs to you all and praying for peace

Fairy
02-21-2011, 12:14 PM
Oh goodness, I am just getting to this. I am so sorry. I am so very sorry for this terrible tragedy in your life. Please accept my condolences. Sending P&PT for you all and peace for your brother.

Indianamom2
02-21-2011, 12:55 PM
Oh my goodness, I am so sorry for you and your family. May you and your family find peace and comfort during this incredibly difficult time.:hug:

scrooks
02-21-2011, 01:08 PM
:grouphug: I'm so very sorry. I am sending prayers to you and your family.

kdeunc
02-21-2011, 01:12 PM
I am so sorry. I hope that you and your parents find peace.

mama2g03
02-21-2011, 01:17 PM
I am so, so sorry you are having to go through this. Big, big hugs to you and your family.

JustMe
02-21-2011, 01:24 PM
I am so sorry. Tears, hugs, and pts for your family.

katydid1971
02-21-2011, 01:28 PM
I'm so sorry for your and your family's loss. :hug:

elektra
02-21-2011, 01:42 PM
I'm so sorry. Hugs.

chottumommy
02-21-2011, 01:45 PM
So sorry for your and your parent's loss. :hug:

Cam&Clay
02-21-2011, 01:45 PM
There are no words. I am so very, very sorry.

trentsmom
02-21-2011, 01:49 PM
I am so sorry. :grouphug:

HIU8
02-21-2011, 02:02 PM
I am so very sorry :grouphug:

GaPeach_in_Ca
02-21-2011, 02:05 PM
Oh, I'm sorry.

MWmom
02-21-2011, 02:13 PM
I'm so sorry.

sophiesmom03
02-21-2011, 02:14 PM
I am so sorry. No words, just hugs and tears. :(

BabbyO
02-21-2011, 02:19 PM
There really aren't words...I'm so sorry for you and your family. I hope there is some comfort in the fact that there are many people here praying for all of you. I hope you are able to find comfort at this time of loss.

jawilli4
02-21-2011, 02:27 PM
I'm so sorry and will pray for your entire family.

Nu_mama
02-21-2011, 02:42 PM
My heart goes out to you and your family. May you find peace and comfort.

blue
02-21-2011, 04:10 PM
I am so sorry. Your family is in my prayers.
I have BTDT with a family member and I can not imagine having to bury my child, so prayers for your parents too.

AJP
02-21-2011, 04:18 PM
I am so terribly sorry for your loss. I have dealt with a lot of the same with my own little brother in the past. I can not imagine the pain of your parents right now...my prayers will be with you and your family for peace and comfort and the same for your brother.

ThreeofUs
02-21-2011, 05:02 PM
oh, NO! Oh, I am so very very sorry for your loss. I'm just getting to this, but wanted to send P&PT to your whole family. May you find peace.

Btw, please *please* don't beat yourself up for confronting him. You did the right thing. Talk to someone about this when the going gets hard.

Kitten007
02-21-2011, 05:12 PM
So late to this, but wanted to send you and your family tons of P&PT. So sorry your family has to go through this.

bigpassport
02-21-2011, 05:37 PM
Oh my word how terribly sad! P&PT for you and your family.

wendmatt
02-21-2011, 05:41 PM
I am so sorry for you and your family, what a tragedy.

c&j04
02-21-2011, 06:05 PM
I've been thinking of your family today. Sorry to hear about your loss.

gatorsmom
02-21-2011, 06:33 PM
Oh noooooo!! I'm so terribly sorry. I'm saying prayers of peace for your family and your parents. How very, very sad.

arivecchi
02-21-2011, 06:44 PM
I am so saddened to read this. I am so sorry. What a terrible thing to have to go through. :(

baileygirl
02-21-2011, 07:12 PM
I was really sad to read your updates yesterday. P&PT for you and your family.

captobey
02-21-2011, 07:50 PM
So very sorry for your loss. Sending lots of prayers and hugs to you and your family!

ShanaMama
02-21-2011, 07:52 PM
I am so so sorry.

SnuggleBuggles
02-21-2011, 08:43 PM
I am so sorry this happened. My very best thoughts are with you and your family.

Beth

karin4
02-21-2011, 08:56 PM
I'm so sorry. My heart goes out to you and your parents.

MoJo
02-21-2011, 09:04 PM
I can't find the words, so you have my prayers and hugs. God knows what you need.

LMPC
02-21-2011, 09:22 PM
I don't even know how to express how sad I am for you, for your family, and for your brother. Peace be with you all.

fivi2
02-21-2011, 09:39 PM
Oh, I am so sorry. My thoughts are with you and your family.

cuca_
02-21-2011, 09:49 PM
I am so sorry for your loss.

kcimato
02-21-2011, 09:52 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. This is a very emotional time for all of you.

AnnieW625
02-21-2011, 09:56 PM
I am so sorry for your loss, and my prayers and thoughts are with your family.

firemama
02-21-2011, 09:57 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine. I hope you and your family can find peace one day. Take care of yourself and find the strength to pick yourself up in your own time. Don't be afraid to ask for help, of any kind.

tropicalmom
02-21-2011, 10:17 PM
Sending you prayers and hugs for peace and healing at this time.

amybds
02-21-2011, 10:41 PM
I'm so very sorry. As someone who's experienced a similar family situation, this is one of my worst fears. My heart goes out to you and your parents.

oneplustwo
02-21-2011, 11:59 PM
I am so, so very sorry to hear how this ended. You and your parents are in my thoughts and prayers.

happymom
02-22-2011, 12:17 AM
I am so sorry for your loss.:hug:

almostamom
02-22-2011, 12:26 AM
I'm so very sorry. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

:hug::hug::hug:
Linda

niccig
02-22-2011, 12:57 AM
:hug: for you and your family. My family have gone through a similar situation and it is very difficult at times. It sounds like you've got a fabulous support network of family and friends, rely on them to help you.

mezzona
02-22-2011, 12:58 AM
I am so sorry. HUGS.

cleo27
02-22-2011, 01:12 AM
I'm so sorry! There are truly no words. Hugs to you and your family during this terrible time.

Cleo

Fairy
02-22-2011, 02:32 AM
Just read your third update, and my heart goes out to you. What an amazing strength you have. Your poor parents. And you.

Do what you can to keep that birthday balloon. I know I'm a packrat about many things, and my emotions are often tied to things that signify something, and you may not feel the same way. But that birthday balloon sounds like it may mean something to you. If it's mylar, it's easily savable pretty much forever. Even if it's a regular one, it can be saved. Might want to just think about it.

Thinking of you.

HannaAddict
02-22-2011, 03:01 AM
I am so terribly sorry for your loss and my thoughts are with you and your poor family. Please take care.

Kymberley
02-22-2011, 09:06 AM
You've been on my mind, and I'm sending more :hug: your way. Your mother has incredible strength, and so do you.

elizabethkott
02-22-2011, 09:12 AM
I am coming to this thread horribly late from being out of town all weekend -
I am so very sorry for your loss. Your mother sounds like an amazingly strong woman. Do what you can to take care of yourself. My heart goes out to you and your family.
(((((hugs)))))

kristac
02-22-2011, 09:12 AM
thinking of you and your family and wishing you peace.

elephantmeg
02-22-2011, 09:14 AM
your update brought tears to my eyes. Continuing to send P+PT to you all.

WolfpackMom
02-22-2011, 09:23 AM

Me too, Im feeling really sad for your family and am impressed by your mother's strength - that must be where you get your's from. I will keep sending P&Pts to you and your family.

liz
02-22-2011, 09:28 AM
I have been thinking of you a lot. I am glad to hear that you have been getting some comfort from all the replies and from your IRL friends. Take care. Huge :grouphug:

ThreeofUs
02-22-2011, 09:42 AM
Thinking about you and sending lots of hugs. You and your mom sound so very strong! May you all continue to draw closer together and support each other.

sewarsh
02-22-2011, 09:47 AM
I already posted but just read your most recent update. My BF BIL killed himself about 1.5 years ago. he had 2 young children and it was just so devestating....still is. I'm in Philly and they are in Atlanta and I felt so helpless but basically did what you said meant so much...ordered dinner, sent cards, support through phone calls, etc. People really want to help becuase they do care and I'm happy you are able to see that and it is bringing you some peace.

Twoboos
02-22-2011, 10:26 AM

:yeahthat: It's definitely going to be a roller coaster, for all of you. Thinking of you all!!

vejemom
02-22-2011, 10:34 AM
Oh, my. I'm so sorry! Wishing you and your family much peace and healing.

calv
02-22-2011, 11:17 AM
many hugs & prayers to you and your family. Thinking of you!!!! I'm so very sorry for what your brother has put you through :(

shawnandangel
02-22-2011, 02:04 PM
Continuing to pray for you and yours during your time of tragedy

justlearning
02-22-2011, 02:15 PM
Sending prayers to you and your entire family now. I'm so sorry for everything you've gone through.

cairo06
02-22-2011, 03:51 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss.

Carrots
02-22-2011, 05:18 PM
Oh my goodness. I am so terribly sorry for you and your family. Many healing thoughts during this difficult time.

urquie
02-22-2011, 05:39 PM
i'm so sorry to hear of your family's loss. many P&PTs coming your way

LarsMal
02-22-2011, 05:43 PM
I don't know how I missed this thread. I am so so sorry for your loss. P&PT for you and your family. :hug:

MissyAg94
02-22-2011, 06:09 PM
I am so sorry for all that your family has been through. Prayers for peace for all of you.