PDA

View Full Version : Anyone play PBSkids online? Super Why problem

maestramommy
02-20-2011, 04:37 PM
Dora usually plays Super Why games on the PBSkids.org site. But today when I tried to fire it up for her, there were no games. The icon for the show is still in the games lineup, but I click on it all I gets is a strip of sponsors. Same with the Princess spelling square on the front page of games. I didn't have any trouble getting Curious George though.

It's never happened before. Anyone else have trouble? Of course I can't help wondering if govt. money has already been cut from PBS...

s7714
02-20-2011, 05:10 PM
I just tried to start a couple of Super Why games and they all loaded up fine for me. We've had problems with that site not working right at various times in the past though. My 5 year old DD is practically boycotting PBS right now because they no longer have the Dragon Tales games on their site!

maestramommy
02-20-2011, 05:16 PM
Okay, they're still not loading up for me! I would say it's my computer, except that there is obviously content on the screen, and the browser says "done." It's just not the content I want, grrrrrr!

ETA: Okay, this is what I'm seeing:

http://pbskids.org/superwhy/#game/spellingbee

s7714
02-20-2011, 06:24 PM
Okay, they're still not loading up for me! I would say it's my computer, except that there is obviously content on the screen, and the browser says "done." It's just not the content I want, grrrrrr!

ETA: Okay, this is what I'm seeing:

http://pbskids.org/superwhy/#game/spellingbee

I just tried your link. It took me straight to the game. Well it took almost two full minutes to load, but the game appeared and I could start playing (all the while my IE status bar said done). I know my Flash player updated the other day--has yours updated recently? I know a lot of those games have issues when the Flash version changes. You could also try deleting your browsing history/content so it would force a new download of the content.

dowlinal
02-20-2011, 08:23 PM
Sabrina couldn't get super why to work the other day. All the other games would load, but not the super why ones. I also find the site to be a bit wonky. She'll call me over because she can't do something and I often find that she's doing it correctly, but the site isn't working.

maestramommy
02-20-2011, 09:10 PM
I just tried your link. It took me straight to the game. Well it took almost two full minutes to load, but the game appeared and I could start playing (all the while my IE status bar said done). I know my Flash player updated the other day--has yours updated recently? I know a lot of those games have issues when the Flash version changes. You could also try deleting your browsing history/content so it would force a new download of the content.

Okay, wow, I just tried the link, and it worked! On my office computer. We really need to dump the other computer, it's giving me SO many problems online. This morning I had to completely shut down and refire up instead of just starting from hibernate mode because I couldn't do anything online. Screen wasn't frozen, just wouldn't do anything. AND I just installed all Flash updates.