PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have the Nikon D3100?

ohiomom1121
02-20-2011, 08:28 PM
Thinking of selling my Olympus Evolt and getting this. Reviews on Amazon seem really good, but they were great on mine and there's several things I really dislike about it. The color always needs edited and it's horrible in low light. Wondering if anyone has it and can comment. Thanks!

Jacksmommy2b
02-21-2011, 12:27 AM
I got mine for Xmas and am in love. I don't have much dslr experience, but it is easy to use and the pics are amazing.

ohiomom1121
02-21-2011, 12:46 AM
Good to hear!! Have you tried any low light places? I tried taking pics at a wedding reception once and it was horrible. My point and shoot was bettrer!

JoyNChrist
02-21-2011, 02:34 AM
I've heard from other Nikon shooters in person and on forums that the D5000 is significantly better in low light than the D3100, for not a lot more money. Of course, your lens choice and how well you know how to use your camera play into that too. That's not coming from personal experience (I have a Nikon D700, D7000, D300, and D40), but I just wanted to throw it out there.

FWIW, I buy a lot of lenses and things refurbished through Adorama.com, and have saved a lot of money and never had a problem. :)

ohiomom1121
02-21-2011, 10:11 AM
Oh wow, really? I had planned on getting the D5000 until this one came out and I thought it was supposed to be better. Have you seen any comparisons you would recommend? I'm off to Google....

And thanks for the Adorama tip. I would definitely lie to buy better lenses for whichever Nikon I get. The Olympus ones were so expensive it wasn't worth it.

ETA: Now I see there are rumors of a D5100 to be released early this year that combines the best of both. Maybe I should wait!

HelenOster
02-22-2011, 06:46 AM
....I buy a lot of lenses and things refurbished through Adorama.com, and have saved a lot of money and never had a problem. :)

Thanks so much for the recommendation - very much appreciated.:love2:

Delighted to read that you've always had success with refurbs from Adorama, but if you ever need any after-sales support for any reason, please don't hesitate to drop me an email: [email protected]