PDA

View Full Version : Scentsy

swrc00
02-20-2011, 09:12 PM
DS's school is doing a Scentsy fundraiser. Usually I don't participate in fundraisers. His school has been displaying the scents this week and I have decided to purchase a warmer and some of the bricks. Can anyone recommend a scent that they love? I typically like cinnamon, apple, pumpkin, or vanilla.

Does anyone have one of the small plug-ins? Do you like it?

Anyone not like the product after purchasing it?

tmahanes
02-20-2011, 09:19 PM
I love my warmer! I actually have 3. The small one that plugs directly into the outlet, a medium and a large.

My favorite is sugar cookie. I also like some of the fruity scents. Mochadoodle and pumpkin roll (or something like that can't remember the actually name) are really good also.

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk

geophne
02-20-2011, 10:34 PM
I love mine too. I have 2 of the plug-ins and a full size. One of my favorite scents is called Welcome Home.

amldaley
02-20-2011, 10:37 PM
I am normally very chemically sensitive to most candles and scented stuff. But I can handle more than half of Scentsy's scents.

I have the big one and the little plug in. I use the little plug in at work. My office is maybe 250-300 sq feet and it fill it nicely without overpowering.

I am currently using Green Tea Smoothie at work.

AngelaS
02-21-2011, 07:55 AM
I LOVE my Scentsy! I have a full sized warmer anda plug in. :) I like the same kind of scents you do and Mochadoodle is one of my favorites. I also love Pumpkin Roll but it's being discountinued. :P I also LOVE Cinnamon bear. :)

Toba
02-21-2011, 12:40 PM
My little sister sells Scentsy so I have several of their warmers. The ONLY thing I don't like is that you have to pour the melted wax in the garbage can when you want to change scents. The big ones aren't so bad, but the plug-ins are a little annoying as you have to be careful of pulling out the plug-in with liquid wax in it to change scents. I'm used to the Yankee Candle ones (and the copycats) where you stick the tart warmer in the freezer and the wax just pops out ... you can't do that with Scentsy stuff. My favorite scent is the spiced pear cider. I like a few of their scents, but I'm partial to anything pear scented. One of my little sister's tips is that when you get your brick, put it in the microwave for about 15 seconds and then cut it up with a knife. The warmers actually need just a little bit of wax to perform and if you cut it all at once, you just have to grab a chunk when you need it.

daniele_ut
02-21-2011, 01:08 PM
My little sister sells Scentsy so I have several of their warmers. The ONLY thing I don't like is that you have to pour the melted wax in the garbage can when you want to change scents. . .

One of my little sister's tips is that when you get your brick, put it in the microwave for about 15 seconds and then cut it up with a knife. The warmers actually need just a little bit of wax to perform and if you cut it all at once, you just have to grab a chunk when you need it.

So, I've always bought the Scentsy bars, which break apart into sections. I suppose they are a little more expensive per ounce that way, but it's a lot more convenient. The bars I have are 3.2oz and were $5. The bricks are $20, but I don't know how many ounces they contain. Plus, when you want to change the fragrance with a bar, you just heat it up and pour it back into the empty section of the container so you don't waste it.

I really like our Scentsy warmer. I'm partial to fruity fragrances and we have one that smells like orange creamsicle, a grapefruit and key lime. I bought a knockoff bar at Christmas and it was noticeably less fragrant.

tmahanes
02-21-2011, 01:35 PM
The ONLY thing I don't like is that you have to pour the melted wax in the garbage can when you want to change scents. The big ones aren't so bad, but the plug-ins are a little annoying as you have to be careful of pulling out the plug-in with liquid wax in it to change scents. I'm used to the Yankee Candle ones (and the copycats) where you stick the tart warmer in the freezer and the wax just pops out ... you can't do that with Scentsy stuff.

I just soak the wax up with a paper towel then you do not have to carry hot wax.

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk

AngelaS
02-21-2011, 02:02 PM
2 tips....
1) You don't have to pull the plug in out to dump it. It unscrews off the light bulb.
2) you can carefully stick a knife in around the edges of hard wax and pop the whole piece out. It's WAAAAY easier than dumping melted wax. :D

kmm
02-21-2011, 11:12 PM
I love my Scentsys! I like the plug ins for bathrooms. One of my favorites in the kitchen is sugar cookie but it always makes me hungry for sweets!