PDA

View Full Version : It's that time again................

HIU8
02-21-2011, 12:19 AM
MIL is coming to visit for 1 week in April. I'm already having issues. I can take about 3 days before she gets on my nerves so badly I want to tell her off. So far I have not done it. Let's hope I can keep it together this time also. G-d help me to survive ONE week with that woman!

hillview
02-21-2011, 08:25 AM
I can so relate. We go see my MIL in 3 weeks. I am not super excited. Good luck!
/hillary

Twoboos
02-21-2011, 10:02 AM
Ugh, I so know the feeling. Maybe blowing up at her will be good. The last time MIL was here we had a blowout and she vowed never to return. So far, so good - it was supposed to be our turn at Christmas and she went to SIL's instead. :shrug: What-ev-er.

Good luck!!!

ha98ed14
02-21-2011, 12:07 PM
Is yours the mother in law who insists on sleeping in the family room (or was it the office?) and leaves her sh!t everywhere and completely takes over the downstairs bathroom? Someone on here has a crazy psychob!tch MIL who completely takes over their space on her visits. If so, I am SO sorry. If not, it could be worse!

HIU8
02-21-2011, 01:52 PM
Yup, that was me. I get to look forward to a week of MIL's stuff strewn all over my house. Then she calls when she gets home b/c she FORGETS stuff. Well, DUH! maybe if you actually kept track of your things rather than dropping them wherever, you would have all your stuff.

I'm heading her off at the pass. There will be a snack table in the family room for her to sit her cup of tea on. The woman walks around with a cup of tea all day long (not a big deal as I do it as well). BUT I do not sit the tea mug directly on my sofa (that it will stain) or my carpet (also will stain). I use a papertowel and/or a coaster at all times and put it on a hard flat surface for heaven's sake.

Oh, and DH promised that I could hire a maid to come after MIL leaves. We use a maid 4x a year right now (I do all the cleaning other than that). So, I get to spend $180 to have my house cleaned top to bottom, absolutely spotless (I love this person. My aunt found her and she is by far the best house cleaner I have ever met).

scrooks
02-21-2011, 02:13 PM
Oh, and DH promised that I could hire a maid to come after MIL leaves. We use a maid 4x a year right now (I do all the cleaning other than that). So, I get to spend $180 to have my house cleaned top to bottom, absolutely spotless (I love this person. My aunt found her and she is by far the best house cleaner I have ever met).
That's great! I would try to focus on this to get you through the visit. I know I would be super excited about it!

HIU8
02-21-2011, 02:39 PM
I am. I also plan to do stuff out of the house A LOT. Both my kids are off that week, BUT I cannot leave MIL alone with them. She is ok, for awhile, but I NEVER want her berrating DS (like she has done to DS through me in the past).