PDA

View Full Version : Flip video camera or similar - recommendations?

Blackbird711
02-21-2011, 01:25 AM
So we'd like tp purchase one of the small "flip" (or similar) video cameras before DS is born in May so that we can capture all the fun "firsts" for our families who live on opposite coasts.

Does anyone have a brand or model they can recommend?

Melaine
02-21-2011, 08:55 AM
I think this is the one we have, but I could be totally wrong: http://www.amazon.com/Flip-UltraHD-Video-Camera-Generation/dp/B0023B14TK/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1298292288&sr=8-10

I got it for my birthday last year. I absolutely love it. I'm not really the one to ask about comparisons, but as far as the flip itself, I just love it. I use it daily, it has a great battery life (it charges when plugged into the USB port on the computer). It's quick to transfer videos. The flip program that comes with it is very user-friendly, IMO. It is easy to pull photos out of video. I have stopped using my camera altogether. (Realize, as I say this, that my camera was several years old and just a basic digital point and shoot, nothing like the DSLR I dream of).

I am not a great photographer, but I have been able to get some great shots by pulling photos out of videos taken with the flip. I hope others with more camera knowledge might jump in and give more details, but I highly recommend!

Blackbird711
02-22-2011, 01:42 PM
Thanks Melaine! Anyone else have thoughts/experience?

mezzona
02-22-2011, 03:27 PM
flip mino hd. very easy to use the camera, but the software it came with sucks.

sunnyside
02-22-2011, 04:05 PM
I :love5: my flip ultra.