PDA

View Full Version : disboard rumor- free dining coming 3/1

JTsMom
02-21-2011, 11:15 AM
There's no way for me to know how accurate this is, but a lot of posters there seem to have heard that a free dining promo or PIN is coming out on March 1st. I haven't seen any dates given, but I'm betting it will be for fall/winter travel. Just thought I'd mention it so that everyone can be on the lookout! If our dates work, it would save us a couple hundred dollars over the current booking I have with the 30% PIN code.

Raidra
02-22-2011, 05:06 PM
I read something interesting on the disboards about this. They were discussing how Disney puts out discounts in response to low bookings, and how if everyone books vacations for the fall expecting to get Free Dining, then Disney would have no reason to offer Free Dining. Makes total sense, of course, but I hadn't really thought about how booking early could skew things. We probably won't go back for another two years, at which point all of my kids will be over 3. I'd love to get a free dining discount, I think it would save us a ton of money then (versus not so much now).

belovedgandp
02-22-2011, 06:23 PM
I'm waiting with you. I used my 30% off for a November trip. I did that in mid-January my service rep was saying no more dining this year, so I'll be waiting to see.

malibelle
02-23-2011, 12:11 AM
As an agent I have not gotten any memos on this yet but you never know what Disney will do. I will keep my ears opens.

JTsMom
02-25-2011, 09:20 AM
A couple of people have been told that the dates are July1-Aug 13, must book by April 30. It's supposedly a PIN code, not a general public code, but if you call, they may be able to tell you whether or not you have one. Some people are finding them under a spouse's name, but not their own.

No help for me, but good luck to everyone else!

Dream
02-25-2011, 12:38 PM
You can't use 2 pin codes right? I made reservations using a pin for 10% for July, I saved about $400. I wasn't planning on purchasing Disney dining so if I can't use 2 pins then it might not work for me.

JTsMom
02-25-2011, 01:27 PM
No, just one. I usually price things out every way possible and compare. In general, FD is usually better than a room discount if you're staying at a value resort, but if your discount is only 10%, it might save you some $ if you're planning on eating on property.

HallsofVA
03-07-2011, 12:58 AM
We got a PIN code for the free dining offer this week as predicted, but our last PIN code (which had to be booked by 2/28) was a resort discount, and it worked out cheaper for us. (We'd originally booked in the fall under the last free dining offer, but rebooked that around the end of the year when the resort discounts came out.) While we'd originally been looking for a discount in line with the new PIN's timing (before our 8/16 cruise), the higher costs and higher crowds are pushing us to go to the parks after the cruise instead.

clc053103
03-07-2011, 09:29 AM
We got a PIN code for the free dining offer this week as predicted, but our last PIN code (which had to be booked by 2/28) was a resort discount, and it worked out cheaper for us. (We'd originally booked in the fall under the last free dining offer, but rebooked that around the end of the year when the resort discounts came out.) While we'd originally been looking for a discount in line with the new PIN's timing (before our 8/16 cruise), the higher costs and higher crowds are pushing us to go to the parks after the cruise instead.

This is an excellent point-a room discount, particularly on a deluxe, will usually give you a better discount than free dining!