PDA

View Full Version : Zooper

Annyeb
02-21-2011, 01:52 PM
So what's up these days with Zooper? I haven't really seen them mentioned on this board. Are they not making worthwhile strollers? Zooper was what started my addiction to quality strollers back in 2001 as a local baby store had a lot of them and I bought one with a fixed front wheel. It was absolutely gorgeous and extremely high quality, but it weighed a ton and folded HUGE! I sold it 6 months after buying as we moved to an area where we wouldn't be using nearly as much anymore for walks or to go places without having to put it in the car and it really didn't fit in our trunk. Do they make any good strollers anymore?

legaleagle
02-21-2011, 03:39 PM
Strollerqueen has posted a couple reviews on her blog recently - they look super nice! I think they went through a rough patch a couple years ago and kind of fell off people's radar.

tobycat
02-21-2011, 03:42 PM
I bought one in 2000 and also sold it. I thought the fold was a bit cumbersome. For me, the biggest problem was that I kept kicking the back of it while walking. I think it was the Zooper Sport.

veronica
02-21-2011, 03:48 PM
I feel the same about my beloved zippy from 2005. no one talks about those anymore....my poor , sweet friend.

Multimama
02-21-2011, 05:09 PM
I was really interested in Zooper for awhile because they are one of the few companies who has made a reversible AT stroller. The reviews I read said what you said, that the fold was huge and they weighed a ton, and also that they tended to rust prematurely and had some quality control issues. If somebody gave me a Zooper Boogie I would still love to try it out though. :)

Annyeb
02-22-2011, 12:59 PM
Yeah Inglesina Zippies were huge in the mid '00s. I had an earlier, similar model called the Inglesina Planet from 2001. Man that was a cool stroller before it's time! It did not push well at all one handed though and they fixed that with the Zippy.

Too bad about Zooper. They really had a lot of potential at one point but appears they kind of blew it and some other newer stroller companies such as Bugaboo and UppaBaby took over that market where companies like Peg Perego and Maclaren stayed about the same in popularity. JMO.

Neelloc
02-23-2011, 10:53 PM
I had a red Zooper Buddy that I loved! It had a fixed wheel but a reversible seat and I used it with DD#1. I sold it to buy a double AT when I was pregnant with DD#2. I've always gone back to see what was new with their strollers but never found anything to my liking after that.