PDA

View Full Version : BJ summit 360 vs XC

jts0522
02-21-2011, 02:17 PM
Sorry if this question has been asked I could not find it. I was wondering what the difference was between the BJ Summit 360 and the XC. The BJ website only has the summit XC on it but I have found a closeout special for the 360 and wanted to see if it comparable to the specifications of the XC.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Kaylee31
02-21-2011, 02:23 PM
I know they changed the canopy-- from the square shape to the bubble-shape. I think it added a little more headroom. I'm pretty sure they added the handbrake to the XC also, I don't believe the 360 had one.

ETA: I found this on the BJ website under Press Releases:
"The versatile Summit XC keeps all of the state-of-the-art characteristics of the Summit 360 with the addition of new key features for an exceptional hybrid stroller experience: a more extensive sun canopy to help block out the sun’s harmful rays, an extended and lowered handlebar to allow runners a longer stride, and the introduction of patented hand-operated rear wheel drum brakes to provide added control on hilly terrain but won’t hinder the front wheel in swivel mode."

jts0522
02-21-2011, 02:45 PM
Thanks I did no think of looking there

PeppyParents
02-21-2011, 06:05 PM
Hi,

In addition to the better sun canopy and rear drum brakes, they re-engineered the rear wheels on the Summit XC. There were a few complaints about the Summit 360 having wobbly rear wheels.

See the Baby Jogger Summit XC (http://stroller411.com/blog/21/baby-jogger-summit-xc-2010/) changes on the Stroller411 blog.

The Summit XC hasn't changed in 2011, so any XC you get is identical to what is being sold right now.

I'd recommend you go with the XC, not the 360. Those few changes add up to a much nicer stroller you'll enjoy more.

HTH!