PDA

View Full Version : You get to decide the fate of my fuzzy Crocs

Fairy
02-21-2011, 03:08 PM
I strolled thru my 4-inch basement flood last Tuesday. The water was up to my ankles, so they were well-saturated. Now that the dust has settled, kind of, I'm just getting to these to wash, and boy, they're really crusty. Hard to get the lining off the pin. They're also going on year 3. It's these, only with the white lining, which is no longer white and really more a dinge --> http://www.crocs.com/crocs-mammoth/10049,default,pd.html?cid=280&cgid=women-fuzz.

So, it's up to all of you. Wash them or buy new ones?

Indianamom2
02-21-2011, 03:12 PM
I think I'd try washing them, just to see how they turned out. But I also might consider buying new ones to wear "out" and keeping the washed old ones to wear around the house.

BTW, how's the basement coming along? Are you feeling a little less frazzled? Hope so!

boogiemomz
02-21-2011, 03:15 PM
At first I thought you were talking about straight up crocs, just the rubber part with no fleecy lining. So I guess I didn't understand the dilemma. But walking through icky water with the fleecy lining is a different story. I'm sure they've been well loved, but for me it would be time to move on. :)

JTsMom
02-21-2011, 03:22 PM
Fairy, you've more than earned a new pair! Treat yourself!

Fairy
02-21-2011, 03:32 PM
Good point, Boogiez! I added "fuzzy" to the title.

Basement is coming along, thanks for asking! I saved the stuffies! The pictures are still laying on my buffet awaiting me to do soemthing about them. The cleaners are completely done and hauled their stuff away (and are buying our couch!) and have completed the mold/bacteria treatments and cut away our drywall. Now it's rebuild time. We don't have our estimate yet or any kind of check, so ... at least it's dry down there and all mitigated.

bigpassport
02-21-2011, 04:01 PM
I think I'd try washing them, just to see how they turned out.

:yeahthat: If they're yucky after you wash them, you can always get a new pair.

MamaMolly
02-21-2011, 04:02 PM
Fairy, you've more than earned a new pair! Treat yourself!

:yeahthat: look at it as $10 a year if the price tag bugs you.

MamaSnoo
02-21-2011, 05:12 PM
I voted to treat your feet to a new pair!

Kitten007
02-21-2011, 05:21 PM
I chose this one even though I agree with others.

Are you kidding, they're like $30 bucks and already 3yo, buy new ones!

You totally earned yourself a new pair, spa treatment, vacation, etc.....

So treat yourself and get thee a new pair!!!!

You saved the stuffies so you deserve it!

ShanaMama
02-21-2011, 07:58 PM
I'd try to wash them & if they still icked me out buy another pair without a second thought. Actually, I'd buy another pair without a second thought before washing them, but since you're contemplating washing them, why not try?
FTR- you can wash the rubber part but don't put it in the dryer. Ask me how I know.

TwinFoxes
02-21-2011, 08:11 PM
No question: new ones.

ccather
02-21-2011, 10:04 PM
Wash away! What's the worst that can happen? I just washed DD2's fuzzy crocs after she decided to garden in them. Her light pink with white fuzz were mud brown before the wash. The came out looking great and are hanging our upside down over a heat vent to dry out as I type. I need to get around to washing mine!

thomma
02-22-2011, 08:36 AM
My kids have the same crocs...got them from shoebuy for less than 20 each.
Treat yourself to a new pair.
You can always wash the old ones and save them for "cr@p" work.

Melaine
02-22-2011, 08:55 AM
You can also buy new fuzzy inserts, but not sure if it's worth it. At this time of year, you can probably buy new ones at a deal.

Fairy
02-22-2011, 11:32 AM
And the winner is, BUYING NEW CROCS. Thanks for voting! I'm relieved, I didn't want to peel the crusty insert out of the show, mainly cuz I was having a hard time getting it off the pin. And also ... crusty. They don't seem to make the brown with white lining anymore, but even if they did I'd go to dark lining. I learned my lesson with light lining, they get dingey immediately. I've gotten very good use out of these guys. Three years. Not too shabby. Thanks all!

:grouphug: