PDA

View Full Version : need ideas

erikh
02-21-2011, 04:46 PM
I am looking for a reasonably priced running/off road stroller that will hold a graco car seat. I found one new for 100 dollars that would fit a graco but the canopy would not cover the car seat. thanks in advance.

Kaylee31
02-21-2011, 07:01 PM
Hi, it would help if we knew what your price range is, and what you will be using the stroller for. Not to be rude, but you do know that you shouldn't run with child until they are a year old, right? If you are a runner, I would look at a BOB Revolution, Baby Jogger Summit XC, or Mountain Buggy Terrain. They all are good quality strollers with big canopies, and have car seat adapters that will take a Snugride.

crl
02-21-2011, 07:58 PM
Ditto the no running until one. And that extended time in car seats is not ideal for infants. Both things I learned here!

If your price range is $100 for a jogger, I would be stalking Craigslist for an older BOB.

Catherine

salsah
02-21-2011, 08:37 PM
ditto on the one year old for running and on leaving the carseat in the car.

are you looking for an AT (all terrain stroller) because you plan to run or because you walk on a lot of uneven terrain/gravel/sand/snow or just because you want a smoother ride? the answer to that question will help determine which stroller is best for you.

erikh
02-21-2011, 08:46 PM
I live in the country, the closest side walk is atleast 5 miles away, more likly closer to 10. My wife and I do alot of outdoors activities and I see people strugle with regular strolers all the time. I did not plan on running with the baby this year. I need something that will handle gravel and rough surfaces mainly. I run a few races a year and would like something she can grow into and that I could use in a 5K or something. 100 dollars is not my limit, but I would like to keep it under 250

Kaylee31
02-21-2011, 09:05 PM
I live in the country, the closest side walk is atleast 5 miles away, more likly closer to 10. My wife and I do alot of outdoors activities and I see people strugle with regular strolers all the time. I did not plan on running with the baby this year. I need something that will handle gravel and rough surfaces mainly. I run a few races a year and would like something she can grow into and that I could use in a 5K or something. 100 dollars is not my limit, but I would like to keep it under 250

Well, I agree on looking for a used BOB on CL. I would recommend looking at the Joovy Zoom 360. You can get it new for $200-- but it doesn't take a carseat adapter. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgWosb3kXpo

roseyloxs
02-21-2011, 09:27 PM
2010 BOBs are being cleared out. You can get one for $292 with free shipping and no taxes from joggingstroller.com (http://www.joggingstroller.com/BOB-Revolution.pro).

The Joovy Zoom is a good alternative but will be out grown sooner. Check out this review (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgWosb3kXpo).

salsah
02-21-2011, 10:39 PM
in that case, you need large air tires and a fixed front wheel. "jogging" strollers that you find bru, like baby trend or jeep, will not work for your needs. i don't think that AT's with smaller wheels (swift or indie) would be a good idea for you either.
a bob is good choice. it doesn't recline flat enough for a newborn though. you can get a good deal on a 2010 now or try CL for a used one.
the Mountian Buggy Terrain is another great choice. it does recline flat for a newborn. (i think you can even get a bassinet for it.) it may be harder to get a deal on it though since it is new.

berlinsoul
02-22-2011, 07:28 AM
you could also check out the less expensive Baby Jogger Summit XC which is (unlike bob) also suitable for a newborn, but has fixed handles (would be a dealbreaker for me!) so you'd need to check out if the height suits you...

anyway, I am not sure if 12" wheels would be that bad ...
but I have to admit that I have never tried 16". I guess they must give a fab ride!!

berlinsoul
02-22-2011, 07:32 AM

The Joovy Zoom is a good alternative but will be out grown sooner. Check out this review (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgWosb3kXpo).

just saw the review, this open mesh "window" without possible protection is a crazy thing though... !???

roseyloxs
02-22-2011, 09:06 AM
The mesh is less then ideal IMHO as well. I think finding a stroller with a fixed handle like the BOB would be safer since the OP wants to use the stroller as a jogger in the future. The BOB handle height feels perfect for me at 5'6" and my husband at 5'10". Feels just right for jogging.

Its true the BOB isn't suitable for newborns but their is a recline suitable for an 8 week old or so with the use of a snuzzler.