PDA

View Full Version : Ack, can't decide! BJCM?

calebsmama03
02-21-2011, 08:26 PM
I just realized they sell the BJ city mini at our local BRU and I have an expired car seat to trade in so I could get it at 25% off (brings it down to around $179 + tax IIRC). I also looked at the Upa Baby g-luxe at a boutique store today. I like them both and think I"m leaning towards the BJCM even though it's a bit bulkier/heavier to store - the fold really has me hooked! I just wish it has a cup holder and the basket was more accessible - seems pretty useless as is. :( ANyway, I can't decide if I should run down there and get it with the 25% off (ends today) or hold off - esp with Gilt having the Uppa baby sale this week. Is that pretty much the best price I'm going to find for the BJCM? I really dislike the orange that BRU carries but I suppose I could deal if I had to. I know I could get it and return if needed. Ugh! I just can't decide and I feel rushed! I do really like the BJ but there are things I like about the Uppa baby better and wish I had some time to mull it over and look at a few other lightweight strollers. If the BJCMs go on sale regularly I'd feel OK waiting - with tax it's going to be around $195 anyway so if I found it online under $200 with free ship it would be the same price as the BRU with discount. I found it at d-mart stores for $199 and free ship but they get shady reviews. Thoughts?

lhafer
02-21-2011, 08:37 PM
Baby Jogger is not a brand participating in the trade in event. So it would not apply to the City Mini.

calebsmama03
02-21-2011, 08:46 PM
Really? They had the sign posted on there. Hmm. Now I'll have to call and double check before running out!

Mommaof3
02-21-2011, 08:54 PM
No, they are not part of the trade in, neither are Maclaren, Mammas and Papas, Peg Perego, basically all the "good" brands are not included.

calebsmama03
02-21-2011, 09:16 PM
OK, I just called my "local" BRU and they're saying that you can use it on ANY stroller, but I did notice the Macs didn't have any stickers on their price tags (I asked, "Are you sure? I noticed some strollers didn't have the sticker on them?" and " So it doesn't HAVE to be a brand listed on the voucher??" and was told, Nope, ANY stroller) Hmm.. SO *IF* I can use the 25% should I take the deal and run with it, or am I likely to get an online sale near the $195-200 pricepoint so I can get a color I really want?

Mommaof3
02-21-2011, 10:13 PM
It doesn't carry black? If it is just out of stock you can pay for it now and get the deal and they can order it for you. I just got one in black and I :heartbeat:it!

calebsmama03
02-21-2011, 10:30 PM
It doesn't carry black? If it is just out of stock you can pay for it now and get the deal and they can order it for you. I just got one in black and I :heartbeat:it!

Nope, just the orange. :( My BRU doesn't carry any Peg strollers, VERY limited selection of Macs (only quest is pink/grey) - really poor selection! I adore the purple BJ I've seen online! If I knew this baby was going to be a girl I'd probably skip the deal and wait for a purple one. As it stands, orange would be OK for a boy/ DH went down there to buy it - hopefully the girl on the phone was right! His thought was buy it, we can always return if we change our minds. If they give us the deal, I wonder if I could exchange somehow for the red or green online.... Probably not.

lhafer
02-22-2011, 09:25 AM
You got lucky if they let your DH buy it! Every BRU I've been in has been a stickler about keeping track of the brands listed.

Keep us posted!

Mommaof3
02-22-2011, 10:42 AM
That doesn't make sense, I would think they would all sell the same colors. Let us know if you got the deal. Good luck!

poohbear
02-22-2011, 12:00 PM
Different stores carry different colors/brands, etc. Since the coupon excludes baby jogger, I believe they'll have to manually override it. It's a great deal (though you have to add in tax, which where I live is close to 10%), if you like the color and they will honor the coupon. If you don't like the color, I'd spend the extra few bucks and get a color you like because you're going to be looking at it for a long time.
Make sure you order it from somewhere that is an authorized dealer though. I have gotten quite a bit of use of my BJCM warranty...
ETA - I pm'd you another deal as well :).

calebsmama03
02-22-2011, 01:08 PM
They did honor it, I was shocked. I was certain the girl on the phone had no clue what she was talking about but she claimed the only brand exclusions applied to the car seats and cribs - all strollers were included. Very odd. However, tax there is almost 9% so it ended up at $200. I'm not putting it together yet and am going to see if I can find a deal on one in the color I like. If I buy online with free ship and no tax I may be able to get the same price in a color I'd prefer.