PDA

View Full Version : Best umbrella for Tall parents?

lilles
02-21-2011, 10:26 PM
I'm 5'9 and DH is 6'6. Which umbrella will accommodate our heights the best?

crl
02-21-2011, 11:23 PM
My tall neighbor (I think she is about 5'10") borrowed my Cybex Onyx and really liked it and particularly commented that she liked that the handles were tall enough for her. I am 5'7" and the handles are fine for me, but definitely on the tall side.

What other features do you want? What age baby is it for?

Catherine

legaleagle
02-21-2011, 11:55 PM
Cybexes, Mac Starck, uppa g-luxe, aprica presto all have very tall handles. DH is 6'3" and the only stroller he loves is the uppa vista because he never kicks it but he likes the cybex too.

Neatfreak
02-21-2011, 11:59 PM
Macs (Volo and Triumph) have been comfortable for my DH, who is 6'4".

rin
02-22-2011, 12:14 AM
I'm a bit biased, since I love my Maclarens, but my husband (6'2") has been happy pushing our Techno & Quest. The Techno has extendable handles and I think I'm in love with it! The Quest's handles are a bit shorter but my husband seems to still be ok with it, although it's our car stroller and he never really uses it much so his opinion might change if he used it more.

He's pushed a Mac Volo and says that he kicked the back a bit but not so much that he refused to push it (which he's done with other strollers).

roseyloxs
02-22-2011, 08:52 AM
Cybexes, Mac Starck, uppa g-luxe, aprica presto all have very tall handles.

:yeahthat:

fedoragirl
02-22-2011, 10:58 AM
We have a Cybex Callisto and all the tall members in our family enjoy pushing that. DH is 6' 4 and so is FIL.

zag95
02-22-2011, 11:42 AM
We have Maclarens and a BJCC with an adjustable handle. I'm 5'11", DH is 6'1", my mom is 6'0" and dad is 6'4"- and they have pushed both and are impressed with the handle height....

I bought another Mac (Techno) used and it has even longer handles when you pull them out.... telescoping handles. I would look at that!

Multimama
02-22-2011, 01:43 PM
I personally think the Volo and Triumph height is really short. The Ryder, Starck and Techno have the tallest handles, of the Maclaren models.

The Britax Blink has fairly tall handles. The Peg Si has adjustable handles, but they actually don't adjust that high, only to be about the same height as the Blink.

In her reviews, Strollerqueen (strollerqueenreviews.blogspot.com) has the handle height on a lot of these if you're interested.

mackmama
02-22-2011, 01:52 PM
I think the Uppababy GLuxe has tall handles.

AnnieW625
02-22-2011, 02:22 PM
I was perfectly happy with the Triumph until I got my Techno, which for me at 5'6" I thought the handles were a little high, but then I went back and used my Triumph and thought they were low, but nothing like a Combi where I feel like I would be bending over all of the time. I would try those in person at the store if you can.

purpelina
02-22-2011, 02:33 PM
I'm 5 10, and triumph felt low when I was pushing it for longer periods of time, or if I were wearing heels. It does feel low even with medium heels, not to mention high ones. So I guess someone over 6 ft would not find triumph comfy to push.
That said, if you intend to use triumph for quick errands, travel, in and out of the car, it might be ok, especially if you have a different stroller with taller handles for longer outings, walks etc.
There are many other choices of taller umbrellas, it's worth checking them out.

TraciSK
02-24-2011, 12:39 PM
I'm 5'9" and Dh is 6'0". I just got the Aprica Presto because it's one of the taller umbrella strollers available. We're really happy with it. The handles are a great height for us and it's nice that the seat is so high so we don't have to bend over getting DD buckled in / out.