PDA

View Full Version : Double stroller help - BOB? BJCM? Something else?

BabiMama
02-22-2011, 12:47 AM
I am looking for a double stroller and need help, tried searching for info on here but now I am even more conflicted.

DS1 is 2.5yo, DS2 is 4 months. Looking for a double stroller that can be used for walking 3 miles, has separate recline for each seat, and is easy to get in and out of the car by myself. Can't spend over $500 (and would like to spend much less).

LOVE my single BOB, but I am worried that the dualie is too heavy for putting in and out of the car (3 mile walk is somewhere I have to drive to). A mom at school with both strollers almost has be sold on the BJCMD. Is the BJCMD going to withstand an extended walk on a regular basis? Will I be frustrated after using the BOB for walking the past 2.5 years?

Thank you!

roseyloxs
02-22-2011, 08:55 AM
Ooooh. That is a tough one. Any chance your friend can lend you the BJCMD for a day? You can try it out on the 3 mile walk and see if it satisfies you. I have a feeling you may be willing to deal with the weight of the duallie after pushing the city mini outside for that long.

WatchingThemGrow
02-22-2011, 09:14 AM
I can't deal with the BJCMD outdoors for more than 5 min. BJCED and the tall canopies are worth the lift for me. BOB would be a better choice than BJCMD for sure. I've had all three doubles, and the BOB just didn't fit in my car at the time or my tall kids now..